wescot are very sneaky

furyan
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4222 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the claim is 972.00 being monies owing to the claimant in respect of a credit agreement between provident personal credit and the defendant under account wxxxxxxx.

the agreement was terminated as the defendant failed to maintain the agreed terms.

in accordance with pre-action protocols the claimant has attempted to contact the defendant and agree a repayment plan.

the defendant has failed to respond or maintain a suitable arrangement.

provident personal credit has sold and assigned all rights,titles and interest, under this agreement to wescot spv limited.

and the claimant claims interest pursuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from 3/4/2007 to 19/3/2012 totalling 385.60 and thereafter at a daily rate of 0.21 to date of judgement

i didnt notice before but the names are different

its all addressed to a mrs jackie xxxxxxx

my OH name is jacqueline xxxxxxxx

will this make any difference at all

prob not

the claim is 972.00 being monies owing to the claimant in respect of a credit agreement between provident personal credit and the defendant under account wxxxxxxx.

the agreement was terminated as the defendant failed to maintain the agreed terms.

in accordance with pre-action protocols the claimant has attempted to contact the defendant and agree a repayment plan.

the defendant has failed to respond or maintain a suitable arrangement.

provident personal credit has sold and assigned all rights,titles and interest, under this agreement to wescot spv limited.

and the claimant claims interest pursuant to section 69 of the county court act 1984 at the rate of 8% per annum from 3/4/2007 to 19/3/2012 totalling 385.60 and thereafter at a daily rate of 0.21 to date of judgement

ganymede posted what you requested awaiting your thoughts

just a quick update.

i sent a letter to provident personal credit regarding the account westcot are claiming for

they state that they dont not have information on there system regarding the account or my OH and also the account number quoted is not recognised as ever being a provident account number

i didnt notice before but the names are different

its all addressed to a mrs jackie xxxxxxx

my OH name is jacqueline xxxxxxxx

will this make any difference at all

presume you meant here that the surnames are same?

• 2 weeks later...

yes we did a very short witness statement which was sent with the form n244.

but we carnt actually provide any evidence as how do you prove you have recieved nothing.

but now it has been pointed out to us that the fact that wescot couldnt have sent us a final notice of intent if they had they would have also had to place a default on the credit file

which there is no defaults against anything from either provident or wescot.

recieved that today no idea why they would want to discuss about it now its at court on monday

unless they are willing to agree to the set aside, as you say not much else to discuss is there!?

in brief, what did they say in their statement?

ok, at first sight, they have gone to town and it seems put simply that they are relying on last known address being correct and no arguable defence anyway. you would need to try and rebut that in court if required.

Edited by Ford

sorry no i only made a copy for the court and wescot.

since sending witness statement i have looked at credit files and nothing there about this debt no defaults by wescot or provident ive requested copies of any statement from provident as regards to this account no and they have nothing on file they even state that the account no quoted is not even a provident account no.

they cannot even understand how my partner would be able to obtain a another loan from them if she had defaulted in the past and she has been a customer of provident for a couple of years now.

weve even got a statement from them with her correct name on it.

we have been advised that the fact that the names are different are enough grounds to get a set aside aswell as the fact that we recieved no final notice of intended action which is normally follwed by a default on the credit file.

weve also been told that this debt could actually be statue barred but this its self would be hard to prove without paperwork

also been advised to let the court know that we taking advice on claim against Westcot for vexatious litigation. (no idea what that means)

ok, you have other advice. from?, a solicitor?

don't forget to also mention the poss statute bar. v important if applicable.

remember that if set aside, would revert the claim to the beginning (if they then decide to proceed)

oooer, you really should have retained a 3rd copy or you'll appear to the dj as incapable of controlling any data sent or received.

Is it possible to ask Provident to e-mail your wife a copy of account/s statements over the weekend, if they will agree it would be a hurdle for Wescot to overcome if nothing listed in the last 6 years.