• Tweets

• I think his point is renewing his season ticket shows it wont happen again. using contactles doesnt.
    • Thanks dx for your guide. Yes, I will use their services, but not often. I usually spend around 80 per month, but the season ticket price is 160. I plan to renew it as long it could help me to show that I will not do it again.
    • if you are going to be using its services yes if not no. STOP PANICKING........ yours is not the next move. dx  
    • You could try this and include a copy to the SRA who are being particularly tolerant to this bunch of jackapes. This also shows that you are not to be messed with and are capable of stirring up trouble for them when they step out of line. Dear DCBL, I am in receipt of your letter of 18th April 2024 regarding CPR1.1 After studying the whole section I cannot see anywhere that I am required to furnish you  with my mail address or my phone number. Perhaps you would be kind enough to provide me with a reference to it. I suspect that your subterfuge is designed to allow you to bombard uninformed litigants with last minute information on the day of their Court case which appears to occur at times with your company. I notice that you are asking for proportionality at the same time as you are demanding  an unlawful £160 when you are aware that under PoFA the maximum that can be demanded  is only £100. You will note  that I have included the Solicitor's Regulation Authority into our conversation in order to ensure your reply. And your old excuse of "admin. error" is surely wearing a bit thin even with the SRA. so I look forward to an apology for your error and a declaration that you will desist from trying to hoodwink other motorists in future.  
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

list of illnesses that should automatically qualify for ESA support group

jazzjazz1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4269 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My partner has Parkinsons Disease and has recently had his ESA stopped. I have been told by several people that he should have never been put in the work activity group and that there is a list of illnesses/diseases that automatically qualify you for the support group. Does anyone know anything about this list? Thanks

My partner has Parkinsons Disease and has recently had his ESA stopped. I have been told by several people that he should have never been put in the work activity group and that there is a list of illnesses/diseases that automatically qualify you for the support group. Does anyone know anything about this list? Thanks

Have you lodged a appeal ?

People using this forum can help you with a appeal

Have a read of this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

It rings a bell but I can't put my finger on where. (I may, of course, be thinking of something else entirely!) Anyway, there is this:

Employment and Support Allowance requires all but those patients with the most severe illnesses or disabilities to engage in a programme of work-focused interviews and develop a work-related action plan as a condition of receiving the allowance.

If a patient with a severe illness or disability makes a claim for Employment and Support Allowance, they will become members of the Support Group in Employment and Support Allowance. Those in the Support Group will not have to attend interviews with advisers, actively prepare for work nor undertake other return to work activity. However, they will be able to volunteer for help if they do want to consider working.

From the DWP's own site here. Edited by RaeUK

Support Group Criteria page 24 onwards

http://www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/wca-han

From what i read so far you Don't have to be Terminal ill get into the SG !

jazzjazz1

Have you lodged a appeal ?

People using this forum can help you with a appeal

Have a read of this http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/showthread.php?251737-Appealing-or-going-to-a-Tribunal-Some-useful-information

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

nope you dont

daughter is in spt grp and is certainly not terminal.........

special needs status only/

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

There is no "list" of specific conditions that will result in someone being placed in the SG.

A claimant can meet the SG descriptors, or, as mentioned, be suffering from a terminal illness. Also, there are a couple of regulations which would place a claimant in the SG even if they don't meet either of those conditions. The most obvious is Reg 35, which basically states that if it would endanger the claimant or any other person to demand that they seek work, they should be placed in the SG whether or not they meet the standard SG conditions.

In all cases, the DWP Decision Maker can place someone in the SG or WRAG without a medical being conducted. This is unusual, but does happen from time to time.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

There is no "list" of specific conditions that will result in someone being placed in the SG.

A claimant can meet the SG descriptors, or, as mentioned, be suffering from a terminal illness. Also, there are a couple of regulations which would place a claimant in the SG even if they don't meet either of those conditions. The most obvious is Reg 35, which basically states that if it would endanger the claimant or any other person to demand that they seek work, they should be placed in the SG whether or not they meet the standard SG conditions.

In all cases, the DWP Decision Maker can place someone in the SG or WRAG without a medical being conducted. This is unusual, but does happen from time to time.

Thanks for clearing that up. The original poster, I feel, was asking if there were any specific conditions/illnesses that would mean automatic Support Group status.

The only one that I am aware of is if someone presents a form DS1500 (terminal illness not likely to be alive in 6 months time).

All of the other cases are subject to decision by the DM based on evidence.

It rings a bell but I can't put my finger on where. (I may, of course, be thinking of something else entirely!) Anyway, there is this:

From the DWP's own site here.

"If a patient with a severe illness or disability makes a claim for Employment and Support Allowance, they will become members of the Support Group in Employment and Support Allowance."

And the definition of that, is what?

If it is designed around the descriptors, how on earth is asking someone if they can reach for a pen out of their breast pocket supposed to identify that?

On the other hand, is it a decision that is made on the basis of what is put in the ESA50?

I can't see that working as I have evidence going back to 2009/10 when the ESA50 wasn't even looked at by the assessor or even the DM in making the decision! How? because I didn't post, didn't have to - still within the time allowed, the ESA50 until the date the decison was made!

I have to go along with the previous posters thoughts on this one. Severe illness - is ???????

Should there not be in fact, a list of severe illnesses that do qualify for automatic inclusion on the Support Group?

Edited by hensteeth

If a patient with a severe illness or disability makes a claim for Employment and Support Allowance, they will become members of the Support Group in Employment and Support Allowance.

And the definition of that, is what?

If it is designed around the descriptors, how on earth is asking someone if they can reach for a pen out of their breast pocket supposed to identify that?

On the other hand, is it a decision that is made on the basis of what is put in the ESA50?

I have to go along with the previous posters thoughts on this one. Severe illness - is ???????

Should there not be in fact, a list of severe illnesses that do qualify for automatic inclusion on the Support Group?

I feel there should be a list and not just of terminal illness but for progressive diseases too, the people suffering from diseases such as Parkinsons, MS, Motor Neuron Disease etc should not also have to suffer being put through the ringer by ATOS! My partner watched the Dispatches program and also the Panorama program and now feels he won't stand a chance of getting anything so the depression is now starting to set in, he isn't listening to any advice and has stuck his head in the sand all thanks to the assessment system the government have in place and when the changes come in (Universal Credit etc) it may be even worse for those with diseases like this. Thanks for all advice given by the way :-)

However what can happen is eg. if a illness typically causes a condition that would fit a descriptor I would expect that person to get that descriptor providing there is medical evidence of the illness.

Parts of the handbook say this, eg. there is parts that mention on aids if the person's illness typically allows such an aid to be used they must be assumed to be able to use that aid regardless of they use it or not.

We coming back to assumptions and probability again which is something the DWP likes to use for decisions.

So based on this I expect certian medical conditions do make SG at least easier to get.

Parts of the handbook say this, eg. there is parts that mention on aids if the person's illness typically allows such an aid to be used they must be assumed to be able to use that aid regardless of they use it or not.

I was once told by DLA to use aids. Despite me saying aids don't work.

I was once told by DLA to use aids. Despite me saying aids don't work.

Hey yes my wife too!

Her claim for Attendance Allowance was refused only on the basis that aids or adaptions could be used which would mitigate the needs. OK I go along with that, but at what expense, time and trouble. Her needs were recognised to the extent that I claimed they were. Medical evidence proved that.

They did say that with aids and adaptions her needs would not be frequent enough throughout the day and would not amount to 1 hour a day.

During an interchange of views that I had with the DWP over this it was suggested that a walk in bath, stair lift, an easy chair that automatically lifted when you wanted to get out of it and an adjustable bed with riser could be used.

Who is going to pay for that lot? I could, but why should I? Surely this benefit isn't geared to someone's means.

The official answer was to 'contact social services who will no doubt help'.

I gave up after that - there was no point in arguing any further. They had their opinion and I had mine. Unfortunately their opinion carries more weight!

Can anyone tell me what would happen if you have been classed as Terminal but you survive longer than 6 months or so but your illness is still terminal? do you get penalized for surviving?

Not as such, no. You would eventually be referred for a WCA, but they don't check up after 6 months and say "Oi you! Why are you still alive?"

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.

However what can happen is eg. if a illness typically causes a condition that would fit a descriptor I would expect that person to get that descriptor providing there is medical evidence of the illness.

We coming back to assumptions and probability again which is something the DWP likes to use for decisions.

So based on this I expect certian medical conditions do make SG at least easier to get.

I think you will find that having any illness does not entitle you to ESA. It's the inability to carry out some or all of the descriptors that counts as long as the points those descriptors give add up to 15 or more.

Likewise medical evidence of an illness is not relevant. Medical evidence of the inabilities caused by that illness is more important.

I have various conditions that together, including the side effects of the drugs I take make it impossible to barely function, never mind work. There is no argument about that.

However, I have yet to find any descriptor that I could genuinely, without telling some white lies, gain points that would add up to more than 15.

Yes I have got used to being this way and make the best that is available. And yes, my pain threshold is such, now that I can cope, because I have had years of coping, is far higher than the average person plus you tend not to feel that much anyhow on the daily intake of Morphine.

What I am trying to say is that medical practitioners would assume that people with just some of my problems would have major difficulties, their major difficulties are minor to me.

Who then should be granted ESA if they were totally honest from the outset?

Those that just couldn't handle the pain or those that had the same pain but considered it just a nuisance?

It is readilly accepted that with just one of my conditions, all sufferers should automatically be given Support Group status.

However that would include those that felt very poorly and those that felt very poorly, but put a brave face on and persevered beyond.

There are degrees to be considered

I think you will find that having any illness does not entitle you to ESA.

I never said that.

Its very probable that certian conditions are flagged up as unlikely to get points and others more likely to get points regardless of how bad someone is affected.

Quite obvious actually, this is why we get some people getting points without having a face to face WCA at all, it just happens they have the right type of illness on their form, others turn up for a WCA but get put in SG after a very short assessment, again due to having right type of illness. Then others who fit the descriptors but their illness typically doesnt make other people fit descriptors so they dont get the points.

Hey yes my wife too!

Her claim for Attendance Allowance was refused only on the basis that aids or adaptions could be used which would mitigate the needs. OK I go along with that, but at what expense, time and trouble. Her needs were recognised to the extent that I claimed they were. Medical evidence proved that.

They did say that with aids and adaptions her needs would not be frequent enough throughout the day and would not amount to 1 hour a day.

During an interchange of views that I had with the DWP over this it was suggested that a walk in bath, stair lift, an easy chair that automatically lifted when you wanted to get out of it and an adjustable bed with riser could be used.

Who is going to pay for that lot? I could, but why should I? Surely this benefit isn't geared to someone's means.

The official answer was to 'contact social services who will no doubt help'.

I gave up after that - there was no point in arguing any further. They had their opinion and I had mine. Unfortunately their opinion carries more weight!

Bad official answer there tbh.... the social worker that visited my mother to reassess her needs said that according to their guidelines it is not an individuals right to shower every day they can only aspire to..... meaning they won't pay out to enable people to maintain a hygienic lifestyle with dignity.

exactly Nystagmite as far as I am aware all human beings regardless of situation, race, creed etc have the right to live a safe and dignified life, sadly this government seem to be completely unaware of this.

I will add that I managed to retain my mother's care but it took a lot of determination and gnashing of teeth

I never said that.

Its very probable that certian conditions are flagged up as unlikely to get points and others more likely to get points regardless of how bad someone is affected.

Quite obvious actually, this is why we get some people getting points without having a face to face WCA at all, it just happens they have the right type of illness on their form, others turn up for a WCA but get put in SG after a very short assessment, again due to having right type of illness. Then others who fit the descriptors but their illness typically doesnt make other people fit descriptors so they dont get the points.

I've just picked up on this thread and in particular your reply.

If the illness itself drives the points factor, subject of course to degrees, how can it be the case then that according to another forum I am on, one that deals specifically with my major conditon, all and I mean all managed to be accepted onto ESA in one group or another, yet I received 0 points?

Also it is a well known fact that certain medications should result in acceptance onto ESA automatically, why then not me?

There was enough medical evidence sent in proving the conditon, the complexity of it, the seriousness of it as well as evidence of the medication that had been prescribed.

The answer is simple I didn't realise that you had to spend an eternity filling out the ESA50 and reasonably expected the DWP to contact my healthcare providers instead.

So it seems that no matter what you conditon is, what drugs you take, you have just as much chance of being awarded ESA than someone who has a 'bad cold' if you expect the decision to be related to the conditon itself.