list of illnesses that should automatically qualify for ESA support group

jazzjazz1
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4315 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Also it is a well known fact that certain medications should result in acceptance onto ESA automatically, why then not me?

Not heard of that. Do you have a link please?

There was enough medical evidence sent in proving the conditon, the complexity of it, the seriousness of it as well as evidence of the medication that had been prescribed.

Was there any information about what you can and can't do, relating to the descriptors?

Not heard of that. Do you have a link please?

Was there any information about what you can and can't do, relating to the descriptors?

No I don't, but from what I know of others with the same condition, as soon as they mentioned the drugs they were having to take to stay alive, it seemed that that was good enough.

No I didn't fill in any of that as I said.

What I was going on about is this argument that certain conditions dictated whether you got ESA or not.

I disagree with that comment for the reasons I said.

No one that I know of has ever had any problems getting ESA, but it has nothing to do with the condition. It has all to do with how you come over in the assessment. I didn't - I don't have the patience for idiots that ask stupid questions, they get stupid answers in return.

Questions like sitting for 30mins, walking, dizzy, carrying an empty can in one hand, come on, have you any idea what my life consists of I asked him. 3/4 of my life is spent in hospital! I also asked where on earth did he qualify, it certainly wasn't in Europe, more than Somalia!!

Despite evidence etc and details of hospital admissions in the past 12 months still gave me nil points!

My GP was even worse, he refused to get involved in the argument.

Anyhow, he was sacked by me last week, so still looking for a decent GP that understands people not just books. Just hope that I don't get hospitalised whilst still looking and need one within 3 weeks as I need my repeat script filling out by someone.

Shame that you can't just opt out of the GP market and deal with the hospital instead, at least they have decent doctors down there.

Edited by gregbythesea

Just caught up on this thread and my main thoughts are, you can't automatically have a list of conditions that qualify you for a certain benefit as a conditon has many different levels and symptoms which affect different people at different levels. One person with cerebral palsy will be totally incapacitated and another will marry, raise a family without help and work full time to boot.

And, hygiene is a social need not a medical need (usually) and that is why when the Government reduces adult services funding it is often knocked on the head. Shame on the government.

I've just picked up on this thread and in particular your reply.

If the illness itself drives the points factor, subject of course to degrees, how can it be the case then that according to another forum I am on, one that deals specifically with my major conditon, all and I mean all managed to be accepted onto ESA in one group or another, yet I received 0 points?

Also it is a well known fact that certain medications should result in acceptance onto ESA automatically, why then not me?

There was enough medical evidence sent in proving the conditon, the complexity of it, the seriousness of it as well as evidence of the medication that had been prescribed.

The answer is simple I didn't realise that you had to spend an eternity filling out the ESA50 and reasonably expected the DWP to contact my healthcare providers instead.

So it seems that no matter what you conditon is, what drugs you take, you have just as much chance of being awarded ESA than someone who has a 'bad cold' if you expect the decision to be related to the conditon itself.

again there is confusion on my post, I never said automatic.

2 questions which stood out to me in my assessment were.

1 - What do I do all day? clearly a trick question which an answer can make assumptions can do various activities.

2 - Do I live alone? wasnt relevant at all and I expect lima downgrades points if the answer is yes, otherwise why is the question there.