1st main C**k up of the Olympics

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4279 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

:focus:

THE FIRST OLYMPICS JOKE?.

It's 2012 and it's the Olympics in London .

A Scotsman, an Englishman and an Irishman want to get in, but they haven't

got tickets.

The Scotsman picks up a manhole-cover, tucks it under his arm and walks to

the gate.

" McTavish , Scotland ," he says, "Discus," and in he walks.

The Englishman picks up a length of scaffolding and slings it over his

shoulder.

" Waddington-Smythe , England ," he says, "Pole vault," and in he walks.

The Irishman looks around, picks up a roll of barbed wire and tucks it

under his arm.

"O'Malley, Ireland ," he says,

"Fencing."

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

• Replies 450
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:focus:

THE FIRST OLYMPICS JOKE?.

It's 2012 and it's the Olympics in London .

A Scotsman, an Englishman and an Irishman want to get in, but they haven't

got tickets.

The Scotsman picks up a manhole-cover, tucks it under his arm and walks to

the gate.

" McTavish , Scotland ," he says, "Discus," and in he walks.

The Englishman picks up a length of scaffolding and slings it over his

shoulder.

" Waddington-Smythe , England ," he says, "Pole vault," and in he walks.

The Irishman looks around, picks up a roll of barbed wire and tucks it

under his arm.

"O'Malley, Ireland ," he says,

"Fencing."

Lmfaoooo!!!! :lol: That is hilarious!

Sorry, I have to pinch it if you don't mind? :pound:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I think voting should be compulsary, you would get a better idea of the true feelings of the country and I think Mrs T was a good PM, in that she said what she felt and stuck to her guns.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

This is racist. Where's the Welshman?

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

Strikes are more to satisfy the ego of some communist union leader than about any rights or conditions of workers.

They still get their 100 grand per year.

The rules should be changed so that a ballot is not legal unless a minimum of 60% vote in the ballot.

The rules should also be changed so that if some tosser of a Union leader calls a strike and does not get at least 50% of the ENTIRE WORKFORCE, then said tosser should be sacked immediately.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

if the people who didnt vote for the strike or just did not vote, there is nothing to stop them from working on that day...

the union held a ballot and the ballot voted for strike action, it is up to the individual whether they wish to withhold their labour or not.

personally i would like to see the whole country out on a general strike and get rid of this lot, and if it upsets 'their' olympics so be it.

polls show 80% of the UK do not give a damn about the games, that leaves only 20% who do, so perhaps we should call the whole thing off?

if the people who didnt vote for the strike or just did not vote, there is nothing to stop them from working on that day...

the union held a ballot and the ballot voted for strike action, it is up to the individual whether they wish to withhold their labour or not.

personally i would like to see the whole country out on a general strike and get rid of this lot, and if it upsets 'their' olympics so be it.

polls show 80% of the UK do not give a damn about the games, that leaves only 20% who do, so perhaps we should call the whole thing off?

No problem with that. Would you be saying the same if Gordon Brown was still PM though?

also people talking about 20-30 % turn out on ballots

lets look at what our polctical parties get in the share of the vote in elections, an mp being elected with say only 30 % of the vote

where do you draw the line

you cant have one law for one and not the other

voter apathy needs to be tackled in all walks of life

lets see an MP get more than 50 % of the vote to get elected then

It came to me via email.. so feel free.

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

:doh:

BCOBS

yep i dont care who is in power they are all a bunch of to**ers, but we need a govt that is at least voted in

Well I agree there. That goes too for the organisation that passes most of the laws we are governed by - the corrupt and undemocratic European Union.

OMG!! me and fred have some common ground...don't know where you live but here in wales, we have to vote for local council elections, for Councillors, then we have the 'talking shop' down at cardiff bay, where we vote for A.M's, next we have the UK Govt where we vote for M.P.'s then finally after we have all about had enough we get to vote for our EU MP...that is 4 tiers of Government!! no wonder the bl**dy countries in a mess

Well I agree there. That goes too for the organisation that passes most of the laws we are governed by - the corrupt and undemocratic European Union.

and it the corrupt council of ministers that passes those laws

Its decisions are made by qualified majority voting in most areas, by the majority voters

guess who has a seat

thats right

the corrupt uk that paases those laws and the likes of hague are saying europe takes away from us

hypocrites the lot of them

back to the G4S fiasco

On Thursday the home secretary said she was told of a "possible temporary shortfall" in G4S security guards for the Olympics on 27 June, not on 11 July, as she previously told Parliament.

In Ms Cooper's letter to Ms May, she says that with a week to go until the Games begin reassurance is needed.

The letter goes on: "Once the House of Commons returns in September, however, we will need full disclosure about the events leading up to the G4S problems, and Parliament will need to scrutinise in detail why things went so badly wrong.

"We will also need to know why you gave such an incomplete and selective account to Parliament, which gave people the wrong impression about what happened, and why you waited until after Parliament had risen to admit that the Home Office had in fact known about G4S problems two weeks earlier than you had said."

In the letter Mr Cooper urges full disclosure of the meetings and discussions that took place around G4S in the run up to the Olympics.

extract from BBC news

for gods sake and the country's Ms May please resign!!

and it the corrupt council of ministers that passes those laws

Its decisions are made by qualified majority voting in most areas, by the majority voters

guess who has a seat

thats right

the corrupt uk that paases those laws and the likes of hague are saying europe takes away from us

hypocrites the lot of them

yep they quite happily get on the gravy train, then wring their hands and say ' its an eu directive' none of em has the courage of their convictions and are quite happy to go along

:lol:

I'm feeling rather left out too, as apparently scousers are classed as different to the entire nation :lol:

It came to me via email.. so feel free.

Why thank you very much!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

HEAR hear!

No problem with that. Would you be saying the same if Gordon Brown was still PM though?
Yes. AFAIC they're all as bad as one another when it comes to imposing this farce on us.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]36912[/ATTACH]

Saw a similar one on another forum:

OlympicSecurity.jpg

It's uncannily like the real private security guard in my experience. I bet if you could see the feet he'd be wearing trainers.

I wasn't going to mention this, but I don't see the harm as I'm not mentioning any names - an old ex of mine worked for G4 Security, he had a criminal record for shop lifting - from the very shops he was supposed to be guarding :lol:

The guys he worked with were a mixed bunch, and all had very colourful backgrounds so to speak :roll: