Utility Warehouse Discount Club - what's your opinion?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3679 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

just use our search top right

there are several threads

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hmmm

MLM company.

Allegedly better deals than any other.

Get your friends, family and colleagues involved.

Earn commission on your sign ups and those of any distributors you sign up.

Lots of company Jollies.

Win a signwritten Mini (is that still going)?

Plenty of sales seminars and how to sell more and therefore earn more.

Working in the customer's best interests - I'm not sure.

Would you not have checked out bad experiences before you signed up with them on two fronts?

They had a recent censure from the ASA regarding false claims of lowest prices.

http://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2012/05/asa-uk-ban-utility-warehouse-ad-for-cheapest-broadband-bundle-claim.html

Most selling jobs are the same - if you are good at selling and put the hours in you will make a turn.

But I would suspect the high earners there are people running letting agencies.

Yes, I did check reviews and they appeared and still appear genuine; I was just satisfying my curiosity and It's always useful to read feedback. Just checked out the other threads and I've had the same sort of problems with British Gas. I'm sure people experience similar with the other suppliers.

I read through their terms a few years ago - and as I recall it worked better having two people joining with one introducing the other.

Sadly I cannot remember why! :D:D:D

• 2 weeks later...
I've joined the club as a customer and distributor. So far, I have no complaints. Has anyone had a bad experience they want to share?

yes i joined last xmas as distributer, paid 200 for courses etc then signed up for gas elec phone as well, first month they took 973 out of bank, phoned to find out why and got phone slammed down on me, contacted director who's friend sold it to me and told would get total refund-no refund yet-and took 324 next month even tho i cancelled membership, went to citizen advice and upshot is that all charges and fees where for club membership etc and not for gas,elec,phone so not a leg to stand on-its a totally legal rip off as they only charged me 74 for 2 months services the rest was club membership charges which i agreed to by signing the dotted line ! so please beware this put me in an IVA after never having a bad credit rating in my life

I've joined the club as a customer and distributor. So far, I have no complaints. Has anyone had a bad experience they want to share?

please please just get out while you can-only took months to get me thousands in debt and its legal-most of charges are club fees not for services so you cant touch them-its russian roulette as to what they are going to charge, my mate was with then years no problem, i joined and from the start they charged a lot of money for membership (got to be careful of words as they trace and take to court trouble makers!, he complained and they then charged him loads too, now we are both upto our eyes in debt and i even thought of topping myself at one point it was that bad, they would ring and be abusive but it people not directly linked with them and the balifs, debt collectors etc its a nightmare that never seems to end and they do anything to silence you

Please don't join the utility warehouse as a distributor, take a look at their balance sheets and you'll see why. 37000 distributors, only £16,017,000 paid out to them. That doesn't even allow for 10% of them to earn £500 a month, now figure in the people who they say earn 6 figure salaries... Utility Warehouse will not make you rich, it might just pay for you to go to the pub a few more times a month (assuming that you have any time to go to the pub as to earn any money at all requires hours and hours of your time or that you have any friends left after being taught to manipulate everyone you know in an attempt to get them to sign up as a customer/distributor). Avoid, avoid, avoid!! Please!!

• 1 year later...

Telecom Plus – The Utility Warehouse Discount Club is a “neat” trick but a “legal” neat trick.

If the Network Marketing Scheme was to work

then they would undoubtedly be out of business

or have to be charging the most astronomic tariff’s on the planet to stay in business.

In truth their tariffs are NOT much different from anyone else’s

but their “Distributors” are brainwashed into spreading the news of supposed cheaper bills

with such exuberance and using “Which” reports that they actually get customers.

Unfortunately,

the “Which” reports are totally flawed

as the customers who actually take part of their surveys on quality of service and price have a distinct biased opinion

– they are the “Distributors”

and need this “Mark of Approval” by the Which Magazine to establish some kind of proof that they are indeed selling something special!

When UWDC look for Distributors

their slogan should read “Failures Required Urgently” as the poor people hoodwinked into becoming part of the “team”

and only sign up a couple of friends and immediate family are the poor souls that keep the business going!

Their structure is such that a few, maybe no more than 10 people, are earning real fortunes and the rest are plodding along getting nowhere fast.

I read somewhere that they had 500,000 customers

– not really a lot if you consider how many Distributors have signed up and how many years they have been in business

– If you do the maths it certainly tells a far different story from the one they broadcast to anyone who will listen.

I’ve actually attended one of their meetings

– they will NOT allow any questions during any meeting and

you are told quite abruptly to speak to the trainer personally AFTER the meeting.

Of course most people have travelled some distance to come to these meetings and have to rush away,

while the others who stay are brushed away hoping that they either forget or get washed away on the exuberance of the trainer.

The trainer is actually a senior Distributor who has a vested interest in being limited with the truth

– who would ever sign up if you were told that the prices are just about the same as everyone else’s,

the customer service is bordering on dreadful, to earn money you have to be a trifle fictional with the truth?