I don't like my insurance replaced laptop

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4367 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My laptop fried so I claimed my house contents insurance with the Halifax. It wasn't a hugely expensive laptop and there was a £200 excess but I went ahead as I couldn't afford to replace at the time. The claim was accepted and they sent me out a new laptop. It was £399.97 and exceeds the specs of my old machine which was a few years old. On getting it set up today I've realised I really don't like it.

It's not the performance of it but partly the aesthetics and partly quality. I hate the style of it (black glossy fingerprint magnet) and it also has a dull screen image. I don't know whether I'm being overcritical as I'm ****ed off that they pick the model for you (a bit crap since I've in essence paid more than they did) or whether I've got a valid issue.

Would I have a leg to stand on as regards forcing them to change it or are these sort of things legally bulletproof.:|

You would have to be able to prove that the Laptop was not a like for like replacement for your old one. Otherwise the Insurers won't want to listen to the issues you have raised.

Is there a particular feature you had on the old one, that is not present on the new Laptop ? Do your research, otherwise it will be a definite no.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The only thing that could be argued isn't of spec of last machine was that the new one has integrated graphics on the motherboard and my old one I searched out specifically to get one with a branded graphic chipset.

My concern about going back to them with that is that there are many of them out there too and they'd just pick one of them arbitrarily as well. Again, leaving this client/customer unhappy.

It's kind of like crashing your pretty VW car and you end up with a pink smart car in return. I guess I just want too much from a policy I've paid for years and never claimed. I wouldn't have minded if they'd just put a value on it and let me buy it myself. Even if I had to add to it to get what I'd actually like to have.