Vodaphone/Fredrickson/Carter

Ouch
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4294 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To cut a long story short I took a couple of contracts out with Vodaphone during the summer of last year, unfortunately a little while after I lost my job and basically all hope. I have since been ignoring phone calls and letter's demanding payment and so forth. I have just today received a letter from Bryan Carter Solicitors demanding payment in full be made to Fredrickson within the next 14 days or the account will be referred to Bryan Carter to litigate me. The amount they are requesting is actually £100 more than the initial debt and should proceedings be issued I will incur court and solicitor fees. I am in no financial position to clear the whole amount as am in receipt of JSA but I would like to take steps to start paying the debt back. From what I have read I should not contact the DCA via telephone but only in writing. What steps can anyone recommend so I can get this mess sorted.

Would someone be able to help me construct a letter to fit my request, I am not very good at things like this and rather than ignore the problem I would like to take steps to help remedy it. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hi Ouch,

As has been suggested could you email me with the details of both accounts via the Contact us form here quoting the code WRT135 - CAG Forum in the subject line so I can take a closer look at things for you?

Once you've sent it you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. To ensure that I get it could you update the thread with this and I'll get back to you as quickly as possible?

I'd get hold of Lee, the Vodaphone rep and ask him to look into this before firing off letters to Freds and Uncle Bryan, both known to run when faced with having to provide paperwork.

Good thinking SG.

I have sent Lee a link to this Thread.

Thanks for helping the OP out here - it's appreciated.

Kind regards to you all.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

OK I have sent a contact request using the provided link, however I have had no email response with a reference number. I'm not sure what you can do for me all, I want to do is set up an affordable payment plan. Thanks to everyone so far for the help and information hopefully I will receive the email in due course with the ref number.

You are exactly doing what the POWERLESS DCA is making you do. These people have very few powers and Bryan Carter runs when challenged anyway so there is little likelihood of it going to court.

Lee is usually very good at resolving issues.

Stop worrying - I know it is easy to say but I have been there and it gets you nowhere except paying out for something you may not have had liability for anyway.

So can you give us some idea of what Vodafone are doing to help? Have you reached a mutually acceptable payment plan?

Hi freakyleaky,

As you'll appreciate I'm unable to disclose details of the solution reached and so I'll leave it to the OP's discretion to provide any further updates which they're happy to share.

Thanks,

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK

Hi Lee.

Yes I totally understand your position.

I, and many others, are just interested to see whether VF have been helpful or not as this will be a useful guide for others with similar problems in the future.

I hope the OP can come back and tell us what happened.

Hi freakyleaky,

In the absence of the OP returning to the thread there is a sticky in the Telecoms section here which features threads where we've been able to assist and resolve issues for our customers.

Some of those listed are similar cases to this one.

Hope this helps.

Lee

Web Relations Team

Vodafone UK