Renewing my tax credits issues, please help work out my income

boloney
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4303 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi

I`m trying to renew my tax credits, have few problems with it.

I`m self-employed, so do I have to enter my income gross after my expenses taken off?

for example I earned 15000, my expenses were 5000, so do I enter 10000 as my income from self-employment?

Another issue with my wife income, she was on Statuatory Maternity Pay all year, except 4-5 weeks when she was on holiday leave.

Please be patient, this is complicate :)

April and part of May 2011 - SMP she got pay for it 901.11 GBP

than June, July - unpaid SMP

August and few days in September - Holiday leave

and again, from September 2011 to March 2011 she was on SMP - got pay for those moths 2713.82 GBP

So she was on SMP for about 47 weeks in whole year.

Now I`m going through deductions on working sheet from my renewal pack.

Should I just get her SMP payment for whole year (2713 GBP) and divide by 47 weeks? That will be easy solution.

or do I have to go through each week and check how much she was paid for it?

They saying if your payments were more than 100 GBP a week enter 100 for each week, should I do so in case of April and part of May?

For December she was paid 424.32 GBP

for January 467.90 GBP

Other months were under 400 GBP so that work out under 100 GBP a week.

Hope someone can help work it out, otherwise I will have to give them call and thats not gonna be easy one to explain on phone :)

If you have any questions just ask :)

Thanks

I will send out an S.O.S for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I had same issue with me and my partner income from what I can see on the help steps. Any smp paid over 100 pounds you put 100 in upto 39 weeks of the tax year 2011-2012 so 100 into 39 = £3900 then you take that off the total pay of the p60 for the tax year if it was less then £100 then you add that up into 39 weeks . Thats how I read it and I done it over the phone much easyer then sending the form back in as for self-employed not sure about that side of things but someone will be along to help you out

Should be all on her p60 for the tax year then however long she was on smp in 2011-2012 April to April, work it out then any thing over a £100 in them months counts as £100 then add that up with total weeks in the tax year then take that off the income if that makes sense.

Hi, comment from one of the guys I sent an S.O.S to, for you..

Its the business profit that he needs to enter.

So total income generated less all his business expenses & Capital Allowances (if any) = taxable profit. Basically it's the amount that his tax is based on.

ims21

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks all for advice.

Another think which make it more compicated is that she is paid monthly.

So how should I work it out?

On one payslip, I think that was december, she was paid £425. december has 31 days, so should I devide by 31 days or only by working days to work out weeks?

Thanks

I would do £425 divide by 4 weeks thats how I would work it out, so that would be £106.50 which would work out £100 a week so £400 TAXABLE for that month so work every month out and how many weeks pay of smp your wife got up to the full 39 weeks .

Self employed income will normally be the net figure of profit after expenses.

To find the weekly equivalent figure from a monthly salary, multiply by 12 and divide by 52.

So £425 net salary per month gives a weekly figure of £98.08

:-)

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Thanks again.

I did work it out, hope it will work fine.

I will keep my work sheet in case any problems :)

Based on the calculator online I should get more Than they paid me for 2011/2012, now question is will they give me this money?

Thats because my wife income for 2011/2011 is about 5000-6000 less Than income for 2010/2011.

• 1 month later...
Thanks again.

I did work it out, hope it will work fine.

I will keep my work sheet in case any problems :)

Based on the calculator online I should get more Than they paid me for 2011/2012, now question is will they give me this money?

Thats because my wife income for 2011/2011 is about 5000-6000 less Than income for 2010/2011.

Just to let others know, hmrc backdated payment and pay me underpayment for 2011/2012.

Hi Boloney,

Thanks for the update.

Sounds like a good result for you :whoo:

:wink:

We could do with some help from you

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING

EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?  Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Please give something if you can. We all give our time free of charge but the site has bills to pay.

Thanks !:-)

Just to let others know, hmrc backdated payment and pay me underpayment for 2011/2012.

Excellent :)

BCOBS