Small claim loss

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4356 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, new to the forum,

some advice needed please

I have just lost a small claim case, which now means i have to pay the claimant £1000, the thing is i cannot afford to pay it in full at the moment, wife not working etc.

The thing is i have offered to pay by instalments (£50 per month), but the claimant has refused this instalment and asked for £100 per month.

I cannot afford this, there is no point me agreeing to this if i am only going to fall short on a payment 1 month.

what do i do now, can i write to the courts or is it down to us to sort now the judgement has been made.

Any advice

Hi

Did the courts advise both party's on how and when the £1000 should be paid?

Also if you are not able to pay £100 a month and you do write to the courts, you are going to have to prove that can't afford it. So the best way is something called an "incoming & outgoing" report. You have to be really honest and really think about your expenditure at the moment. Now various banks provide this form on there websites or alternatively the direct gov website does as well. I'd also imagine you would have to submit the last 5-9 weeks worth of bank statements to both court and the other party.

Anyway the point I'm making is no one can make you hand over money you haven't got but they can make it more of a priority over other debts and outgoings so be careful with your spending over the next year or two.

Good luck

Tom

• Haha 1

Thanks for the reply,

No advice given from the courts, i am still awaiting the reply from the case (last friday) on whether it needs to be paid in full or installments.

from what i can gather from looking in the internet, i can appeal to the courts who will then contact the claimant, who can still refuse this offer, then i will have to provide proof of earnings etc and will go to a judge to decide.

is this correct?