Unpaid parking charge notice- anyone able to help?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4353 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Much to my surprise i recieved a letter today from Roxburghe debt collectors, acting on behalf of Vinci Park Service UK LTD claiming an unpaid parking charge notice of £154.00

the unauthorised parking event is "F- on yellow lines" and took place at Parrs Wood Entertainment Centre back in 25/02/12. But here's the funny part...

I was the owner of the car at the time of the offence, I may have even been present at the site of the offence, but I have NEVER received any parking charge notice whatsoever, this is the first I have heard of about the whole thing, which took place 3 whole months ago! I am now being told to pay the £154.00 within 14 days. I am a law-abiding law student, whenever I have had a penalty charge notice I have paid up straight away, so right now I am confused as to what my next steps are, I have just completed a law degree but unfortunately parking charge notices never arose!

Do I contact Vinci Park Service UK LTD first, or the debt collectors? Surely I cannot be found guilty of a motoring offence when I haven't been given a warning or any parking charge notice WHATSOEVER?

Any advice on what to do would be most grateful, since I only have 14 days to sort it out it seems!

Tim

This is a private parking company ticket, not a council PCN. Ignore everything they send you and don't pay them a penny.

See Private Parking Ticket forum here:

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/forumdisplay.php?88-Private-Land-Parking-Enforcement

i'll post my problem in that forum then thanks! i'm unsure as to whether to totally ignore what they say, don't want to end up in court or the like, but to say i'm livid right now is an understatement!