Paypal Dispute

hw26
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4385 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

Just before Xmas I sold 2 x brand new iPads on ebay. A week or so after selling them both one of the people that brought one claims it isnt the model I said it was and wants a refund. This was complete rubbish they were both the same, the other person didnt complain. Eventually the case was resolved and he was granted a full refund, however I had already taken all my money out of paypal after hearing about them freezing your money etc. So Paypal have refunded him and are now saying I owe them the money. Surely not?? I couldnt sell the iPad for half as much as I did originally because it was no longer brand new, the guy had unwrapped it and set it up etc. Now I am getting letters from GBP solicitors claiming that I need to have to pay or a CCJ will be issued, please help!

Paypal are a law unto themselves.

If they think you need to refund the buyer then so be it. They will chase you to the ends of the earth to get the money back from you.

They have sellers firmly gripped by the short and curlys as they now don't allow you not to accept paypal on listings.

All you can do is appeal the decision and tell GBP that you don't owe them the money as >>>>>>>and state your reasons (Which seem perfectly valid to me)

If the buyer is stating the item was not as described then it's simple to argue as you can look at the original listing.

Hi,

Just before Xmas I sold 2 x brand new iPads on ebay. A week or so after selling them both one of the people that brought one claims it isnt the model I said it was and wants a refund. This was complete rubbish they were both the same, the other person didnt complain. Eventually the case was resolved and he was granted a full refund, however I had already taken all my money out of paypal after hearing about them freezing your money etc. So Paypal have refunded him and are now saying I owe them the money. Surely not?? I couldnt sell the iPad for half as much as I did originally because it was no longer brand new, the guy had unwrapped it and set it up etc. Now I am getting letters from GBP solicitors claiming that I need to have to pay or a CCJ will be issued, please help!

Can't sell for half? Give over, iPads have some of the best residuals on the market. You'll lose £50 tops.

By day, computer and mobile phone technical support... by night home mechanic and Rover / MG enthusiast!

Cars: 1998 Rover 620ti

Computers: HP nc8430 Business Notebook, Apple iPhone 3GS 16GB

Never sell high value items like ipdas, iphones etc on ebay. The fraudsters thrive on buying these items then disputing. It's win win for them as Paypal always pays up then screws the seller.

Yes..Firstly I'd say avoid selling/buying high price desirable items like iPads, laptops, etc on Ebay, you can almost gaurentee that at least one of the buyers/sellers is in involved in some sort of fraud.

It is unbelievable that Paypal would side with the buyer (I bet Paypal didnt even ask to see evidence/photos of how the item differed fdfom your description).

I assume you now have the iPad back ?

I wont agree that Paypal will chase you to the ends of the earth, they and their associated debt collectors will give up after a few letters, after all if they were that serious they'd start legal action, but I am unaware of them having ever done so.

If you feel you should and if you still want to use your Paypal/Ebay account then you should pay back what is owing, but you may just join the ever growing group of people who just give up with Paypal/Ebay and do nothing.

The worrying fact is that Paypal/Ebay must `'write off' untold millions in similar circumstances, perhaps this explains why their fees are so high.

Andy

Paypal continued chasing me for over 12 months for £32. I paid the money back in the end simply to enable me to use ebay again with the same user ID.

If I'd not built up such strong feedback with my seller ID I'd have let them do their worst to get the money back.

It amazes me that there is still no comparable alternative for buying and selling on line. You'd have thought Mr Branson would have something up and running by now.:roll: