Not accepting a written warning?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4382 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My company has gone written warning crazy!

Dishing them out left/right/centre.

Can I refuse to accept a written warning on the grounds that I don't agree with it?

All I ask is to be treated fairly and lawfully.

Well, there would have to be evidence to substantiate the warning in the first place? You can of course appeal the warning.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

My company has gone written warning crazy!

Dishing them out left/right/centre.

Can I refuse to accept a written warning on the grounds that I don't agree with it?

As far as I am aware:

1) You can't refuse to accept a written warning.

2) If you disagree with the disciplinary action taken, you usually have the right to appeal against any disciplinary action taken. This is usually done by writing to your manager outlining your reasons for appeal. Details of the Disciplinary Procedure should be contained within your employment contract, employee handbook or other company documents. If your appeal is rejected, you can normally then appeal to a superior manager than the one who dealt with the original appeal.

3) Your "punishment" cannot usually be increased as a result of appealing any disciplinary action.

4) You usually have the right to be accompanied by a Trade Union Representative or similar at an appeal hearing.

5) If you believe the disciplinary action taken was malicious, or based on false evidence, you may wish to consider composing a formal grievance against the person commencing disciplinary action, or anyone that has provided deliberately incorrect evidence against you in order for you to be punished.

Just to clarify the above Post from firstclassx:

1) Correct you cant refuse to accept it.

2) You definitely have the right to appeal and be accompanied by a trade union rep or colleague.

3) Correct

4) As point 2

5) i would definitely put in a grievance after the appeal has been processed and you have a response.

I am not a legal professional or adviser, I am however a Law Student and very well versed areas of Employment Law. Anything I write here is purely from my own experiences! If I help, then click the star to add to my reputation :)

*Almost* correct. Number 3 isnt true, and a harsher sanction actually can be imposed if you appeal.

Re 2) you only get one chance to appeal, not two.

Re 4) the right to be accompanied extends to either a work colleague or a trade union representative.

The rest is good advice, though!