style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

after a bit of advice please , i owe a bit of council tax and accept thats my own fault however today my wife phoned me and told me a baillif was blocking her car in and demanding £400 are they allowed to obstruct the vehicle as she asked him to move but he wouldnt many thanks

sorry didnt really put a lot of information this is the first time ive even heard of this firm weve had no previous letters off them , the police were called after i spoke to the bailiff on the phone and had to leave work , his van was parked behind my wifes car and she couldnt go to work , i have to pay them £400 tomorrow but i dont even know how much the debt is

Contact the council and ask them

How many Liability Orders they hold for you

How much are they for

When were they obtained

When were they passed to bailiffs for enforcement.

Once you have this information post it up here

Which council is this? I ask because some councils have outsourced their back office to a company named Capita, who also own a couple of bailiff companies, Ross & Roberts, and Equita. When you phone these councils you are speaking to Capita and they will insist you deal with their buddies in ross 'n robbers,

Once we know what the council say what you owe Caggers can look at what the bailiff is charging.

Has he levied your wife's car by the way, as in left a notice of seizure listing the car?

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

its birmingham city council when i told him id never heard of his company or recieved any correspondence from them he told me it was the councils fault , he then phoned someone who he said was from the council and i spoke to her and she said she would send me details of what was outstanding but im not sure if i should pay the £400 tomorrow and enter a payment plan or not ?

its birmingham city council when i told him id never heard of his company or recieved any correspondence from them he told me it was the councils fault , he then phoned someone who he said was from the council and i spoke to her and she said she would send me details of what was outstanding but im not sure if i should pay the £400 tomorrow and enter a payment plan or not ?

Park the car a good way away, and DO NOT let the bailiff in tomorrow, his payment arrangement will include coming in to list your property as " security" this is a levy and opens up a whole world of pain. One problem is BCC use Capita and Capita own ross 'n Robbers. their use of Equita is under scrutiny, so likely they are using the other firm they own until the heat dies down. find out how much you owe but there is no law that says you have to deal with a bailiff p\y direct to council, the bailiff will engineer a default to charge more fees so try to take him out of the picture. . It is likely the bailiff will charge you a visit fee for his call. others will be along to help further no doubt

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

right type in direct , gov and search bailiffs u can refuse to pay them and ask the council to take ure payments please do not hand ross and roberts any money tomorrow untill u have spoken to the council u need to know why u havnt had any contact from them to tell u that u owe any money and also ross and roberts should also send u a warning letter i have had mega problems with ross and roberts they have put me in hospital please pm me if u need to talk i will give u my number and help u

It is not a good idea to pm and deal with a newbie or unknown no disrespect intended to anyone, it is best to stick to open forum. It is frowned on quite rightly by the site team, as the newbie or othe rmay not be what they seem.

Edited by brassnecked

i told the bailiff on the phone he wasnt going to get in the house and thats why he phoned the police who were brilliant to be honest , so i should just keep paying the council online then ? the police woman who was here told me he realised the way wasnt worth anything but not until after i told him id pay £400 so if he cant get in the house and the cars worthless what can he do ?

keep paying the council online and ignore the bailiff, at least don't let him in. if you deny him a levy he is relatively powerless, but you may end up owing for a couple of visit fees, totalling £42.50 so factor those in.

i told the bailiff on the phone he wasnt going to get in the house and thats why he phoned the police who were brilliant to be honest , so i should just keep paying the council online then ? the police woman who was here told me he realised the way wasnt worth anything but not until after i told him id pay £400 so if he cant get in the house and the cars worthless what can he do ?

they can not break in they have made no leavy ask the council why u have not been informed of the money u owe and u have not had any letters from ross and roberts i owe the council 700 pounds but yet ross and roberts debt is 3200 i missed 1 payment while i was in hospital i have a brain condition they didnt care about this they council have agreed to take it bk from ross and roberts next month ross and roberts are the lowest of the low if u want to pm me i will help u sort this but u need to contact the council first thing in the morning and offer a payment plan of what u can afford i will find the link for u give me 5 mins

im not sure if my wife signed something to do with the car but its only worth peanuts

He must have levied the car, that allows him to charge more fees, we need to know how much the arrears are, what the bailiff has added, as if the car is less value at auction, it is arguable as to it's validity, if it would not pay all fees, including auction fees, bailiff fees, and a portion of the debt. bear in mind a motor worth a couple of thousand would be luvky to make £300 at auction. What is the year and approx value?

its a 2000 ford mondeo its only worth £300 approx at auction it would be lucky to get £200 he realised this because the policewoman told me so , ive no idea of any charges because ive had no letters from them just this bloke saying he wanted £400 ?

its a 2000 ford mondeo its only worth £300 approx at auction it would be lucky to get £200 he realised this because the policewoman told me so , ive no idea of any charges because ive had no letters from them just this bloke saying he wanted £400 ?

jeff he should have left u a letter with the amount on it and fees he will try and put loads of money on it but hes only aloud to charge 24.50 for 1st vist typr in google bailiffs and go down a few to direct gov site hun the lady from ross and roberts who i had kept calling me love i asked her not to but she still carried on she even listed a car that dont even belong to me it was just parked outside

jeff he should have left u a letter with the amount on it and fees he will try and put loads of money on it but hes only aloud to charge 24.50 for 1st vist typr in google bailiffs and go down a few to direct gov site hun the lady from ross and roberts who i had kept calling me love i asked her not to but she still carried on she even listed a car that dont even belong to me it was just parked outside

You likely come into the vulnerable category alex, but they have shot themselves in the foot if they levy a third party motor.

the bailiffs phoning me in the morning shall i just tell him im not paying him ?

jeff did u google that website also have the council ever sent u any letters saying u owe ct hun i need to know this first u deffo had no letters from ross and roberts

brass could the levy be worthless then coz the make and reg number is on the levy

had a look at the website and it says you can stop bailiffs by offering to make payments direct to the council but they say i have to pay the bailliffs and id never heard of ross and roberts until today

I can guarantee if he's coming back in the morning the debt will have jumped substantially - guess £650ish possibly. If your OH signed something was it explained to her what it was and what would happen if she defaulted on any payments? If possible can you get said document and tell us what is on it?

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I can guarantee if he's coming back in the morning the debt will have jumped substantially - guess £650ish possibly. If your OH signed something was it explained to her what it was and what would happen if she defaulted on any payments? If possible can you get said document and tell us what is on it?

PT

yes i agree did she sign anything hun and have u got any letters from the council about council tax owed did the bailiff not leave any paper work with u

I have to agree with ploddertom, I think the bailiff has seized the car, so post up details of what is on the paper he persuaded your wife to sign, and we can take it from here, all is not lost, and there may well be wriggle room.

got no paperwork from the bailiff think the thing that was signed was something to do with the car because he asked me if id supply the log book and keys and i said no

got no paperwork from the bailiff think the thing that was signed was something to do with the car because he asked me if id supply the log book and keys and i said no

jeff is it a joint debt for the council have the council sent u any letters at all about this u need to hide the car tonight hun park it quite a few roads away coz bailiffs know that people do this