uncle buck took too much money and cant get it back!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4357 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I was supposed to repay a loan amount of £195 made up of £150 + 45 interest. I rolled over the loan and paid the £45 fee as requested on 27th April to be paid on 25th May. On 11th May they helped themselves to £377 out of my account saying thats what i owed them!! I have spoken to them since and they just said 'well we have the money now' and were not wlling to repay any of the money. The bank wont refund it as i have had dealings with the company. I told the bank that I would go to the police and they just said well we will add the crime number to the file and you would have to appeal in writing. Surely they cannot just ignore this theft?? What should I do?? Please help.

Even if it is theft, you still need to write the complaint so they can investigate. Write to the PDL and request a full refund, and also go to the police, get a crime number and then contact your bank.

If you have used a visa debit card, simply call your bank and ask to speak to the visa chargeback team and let them know that the transaction was never authorised. Give them the crime number to prove it.

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

:D

hi and thanks. the bank is Santander. I have made a complaint to both the company and the Bank. Uncle buck were just dismissive and not interested. I requested that the bank do a charge back and the said as I have a relationship with uncle buck they cannot do charge back.

Yes they can. Speak to a manager not a front line rep.

You can get the banks fraud team involved, so get a crime number from the police. Also get as much proof as you can to back up what you say.

So if you have an agreement for a certain amount inw riting, and on a certain date, but they debited otherwise, include a copy to the fraud team. If it is a visa card, then have a read through : http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

Any advice i give is my own and is based solely on personal experience. If in any doubt about a situation , please contact a certified legal representative or debt counsellor..

If my advice helps you, click the star icon at the bottom of my post and feel free to say thanks

Get a crime number and they have to investigate it immediatley.

I said I would do that and they just said they would log it on file, wont make any difference they would deal with it in the same way. They have an answer for everything.

They cant just log it. They must investigate. As i asked before, what type of card was it?

Then get it to the visa team. Not the regular bank drones. Give the visa team the crime number and tell them to refund it asap as the police are now involved.

Santander seem too be very complaciant in this lately, My partner applied for a loan online which asked for her card details to "Verify" her ID.... next thing I know, £69.99 been taken from her account !! She called the bank and said she had not authorised any payment, and there is no mention of any payment of any kind to the in the t&c's or the page !

The bank .. Santander, tried saying because she had given her card number it was tough.

After hours of arguing the did eventually refund it and cancel the card !

You would think it was the banks OWN money and not YOURS !

• 1 month later...