Scotcall

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4320 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Since last Thursday,

I have received 3 texts from Scotcall saying "you have failed to contact Scotcall, please contact us on blah blah quoting ref blah blah".

Then today I had a missed call from them and a lovely robot left a message saying "This is a message for Katypie please contact Scotcall on blah blah".

Now, this is the first I have heard from Scotcall.

No letters, just texts saying I have failed to contact them.

The only thing I can think it would be for is an 8 year old debt.

Should I ignore these texts/calls and wait to see if I get a letter?

Ah but they like to get people on the phone so they can use their "psychology" on you. They would say things on the phone to out the frighteners on that they would never put in writing.

Golden rule is never talk to these pond life on the phone.

ims :-)

As advised above - completely ignore any texts or phone calls.

In case you pick up any call by accident, refuse to go through any security questions even confirming your name, do not get into any conversations with them, just say "in writing only" and hang up.

If the calls are coming through on your mobile phone, plenty of free app call blockers.

As IMS said above, speak to them and the phone monkeys will go into overdrive stating CCJ this, Bailiffs coming with a van etc. All rubbish and to get you to pay.

Until they write, just ignore but keep the texts and a log of the calls received for future reference.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

Thanks for the advice. They have only phoned my mobile so far and I will definitely not be answering it and allowing them to try their jedi mind tricks on me.

I had a message left on my answer phone, turned out to be a PPI company. but it sounded so menacing

and they left no details, makes you wonder why they do it. A nice friendly voice would get a better response from people

You can block messages and numbers on most mobile phones quite easily, or do what I sometimes do, reroute the call back to their mainline number.... would love to hear the conversation with themselves!

Thanks for all your advice. Still haven't had a letter. More texts, last two were worded differently from the ones before and came from a different number and have had one more robot phone call. Might look into blocking them because it's getting a bit tedious now.

Be sure to put them on "Who calls me?" web site, I can ring them over the weekend and have some fun.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 2 months later...

Hi,

you can send Scotcall the following letter from the Library... http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?410-LETTER-USED-WHEN-A-DCA-THREATENS-A-DOORSTEP-VISIT

Sometimes, it has been known for someone to turn up, please remember that they have no legal powers, they are not bailiffs and tell them to get off of your property, if they refuse, call the police and they will remove them on your behalf.

Stigman

NEVER telephone a DCA

If a DCA rings you, refuse to go through the security questions & hang up!

If I have helped you, click on the star & say thank you

OK Fire this recorded delivery

The Compliance Manager

Scottcall

Ref: xxxx xxxx

Dear Sir or Madam,

I refer to your recent contact regarding a debt for xxxxxx which you

allege is owed by me, take note I do not acknowledge any debt to you

or any company you may claim to represent.

The frequent and harrassing attempts to contact me are futile as I will

WILL NOT RESPOND unless all matters are put in writting.

If your company persists in this I will make a formal complaint to the

OFT.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Snotcall and their pre school letters,! What colour crayon did they use this time?

Send a copy of their immature missive to the OFT.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

scotcall use self employed local people -- history says -- they do call around -(forget which act of parliament you have to educate them about) and leave a card with their phone number - whatever you do don't enter it into any who calls me type website because that will mean the next person who googles the phone number -- will rumble what the game is -- and we don't want to spoil things

cough cough