Santander / Debenhams PPI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4089 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi

I made acclaim for a refund of my PPI for a Debenhams store card that l took out in July 1995. I canx the PPI a while ago. I tried to reclaim the PPI on the basis that it was not necessary and l had been led to believe that it was the done thing and you would only get the card if you accepted the PPI.

They have rejected my claim on the basis that l could have cancelled within 30 days and because they have no record of what took place they cannot take what l asserted as proof.

They have included my original app in their response!! Guess what it is ticked by the staff member because she has written her name next the the tick in the box, and her initials are at he bottom of the form as authorising the card??

Am l missing something or is that some proof??

They have told me l can complain to the FLA, l think it is worth it??

Anyone have any thoughts??

Thanks

Cups

i tried that with my laura ashley card / santander and got same response second time, i then went to FOS who refered it to the underwriter who also chucked it back, FOS is currently doing some sort of test case on this and so like thousands of us you will be in a holding pen!!! Has any one had any joy on the FLA route ? Seems us store card holders are in for a long haul to try and get anything back !

They have said that that is their final response? I will write back, and give them the option to pay up!!

Otherwise l think l have a good case, and will go to the FLA.

Thanks for the advice Ims, will send it off recorded delivery in the next day or so.

Cups

i tried that with my laura ashley card / santander and got same response second time, i then went to FOS who refered it to the underwriter who also chucked it back, FOS is currently doing some sort of test case on this and so like thousands of us you will be in a holding pen!!! Has any one had any joy on the FLA route ? Seems us store card holders are in for a long haul to try and get anything back !

can you advise of details of the test case? I am currently pursuing Debenhams and Frasercard PPI. Thanks! M

Sorry dont have any specifics just that when i did the standard paper trail for claiming ie santander ..decline then refer to fos ... they aproached the underwriters etc , The reply from the underwriters and then subsequently thru a follow up call to fos was that as a lot of people were in this situation Fos were running some test cases and when they had any progress they would contact me again,

Sorry dont have any specifics just that when i did the standard paper trail for claiming ie santander ..decline then refer to fos ... they aproached the underwriters etc , The reply from the underwriters and then subsequently thru a follow up call to fos was that as a lot of people were in this situation Fos were running some test cases and when they had any progress they would contact me again,

Thanks, I am currently at the decline stage for both.......

Hi

Written back to Santander giving them the opportunity to revisit my claim, of not then the FLA and FOS will get it!!

I went into a shop and they told me that they put their names next to the PPI tick because they got a bonus / commission for each PPI sold??

Makes sense, why else put your name there?

Maybe they will see sense?

Cups

• 1 month later...

Just a quick update, Santander have come back after over a month and said that my point does not interest them, they still refuse my claim.

FOS here we come l think

Cups

• 1 month later...
  • 7 months later...

Hi,

Have had an offer of full restitution from the insurer, quite clearly Santander are going to take a large hit on this one. Just awaiting a cheque. Another one down, some of the other ones Santander took over may also pay up l think.

Good luck to the rest of you

Cups