The McCanns - Yet again

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4400 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

1. How many more programmes do you think we will see about Madeleine McCann? It seems to me that there will soon be more than there are about the Titanic.

2. When will the McCann's be charged with neglecting their child?

The latest programme is on right now. Once again, the fact that the McCanns left their child alone while they enjoyed themselves is completely brushed aside as if it wasn't important. It IS important. If they had behaved like responsible parents, Madeleine would be alive and with them today.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

I am not European, I am English.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What Fred said :sad:

Neglecting your kids is sad too.

Before you criticise another man you should first walk a mile in his shoes. Then, when you criticise him, you'll be a mile away and he won't have any shoes on.

Don't get me confused with somebody knowledgeable by all those green blobs. I got most of them by making people laugh.

How long before other parents of missing children (lots of them went missing in this country) will ask why they can't have the same help out of the public purse?

These are all very sad cases and I really hope that she (and others) are found.

But, I am sure if I left my kids and went to the pub I would have Social Services here before you could say "make mine a double".

Even if I went back to check on them after every pint.

If all else fails, kick them where it hurts and SOD'EM;)

How long before other parents of missing children (lots of them went missing in this country) will ask why they can't have the same help out of the public purse?

These are all very sad cases and I really hope that she (and others) are found.

But, I am sure if I left my kids and went to the pub I would have Social Services here before you could say "make mine a double".

Even if I went back to check on them after every pint.

I'm glad for your post Sod'Em, I had a feeling I might be alone on this one.

You are not alone Fred, one senses a certain amount of discrimination here, the McCanns are professional middle clase people and therefore not some struggling couple from a sink estate on the social all the time... different perception by the media.

Just my opinion.

Neglecting your kids is sad too.

But because of their jobs/professions - the neglect just seemed to be overlooked!

Had this have been just an ordinary couple, with run of the mill jobs - they would have not only been prosecuted for neglect, but they'd have had their other children taken into care.

The truth will come out though, it always does!

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

(I was about 2 or 3 when this happened) There was a case of a boy called Ben who disappeared in the early 90s. Did his case ever have so much media coverage?

Ben Needham. I believe his mother actually wrote to the Prime Minister asking when her son could expect the same level of support. If she got a response, I am not aware of it.

To be honest with you, this entire subject makes my blood boil. I think it is shameful to raise the bar for one family when 100,000 children go missing every year in the UK. Granted, most of them are found safe and well, but I can't imagine how it must feel to be a less fortunate parent watching the McCann family get all the stops pulled out for them. Every time I see them, I think of Damien Nettles. His poor mother has spent the last 16 years knowing that he's dead and very likely who killed him - where's her Home Office intervention? He's been missing for as long as he was alive!

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

If I've been helpful, please click my star. :oops:

(I was about 2 or 3 when this happened) There was a case of a boy called Ben who disappeared in the early 90s. Did his case ever have so much media coverage?

No his case didn't get the same amount of media coverage! His Mum has since been on TV speaking about this - and has spent the approx 19yrs doing everything she could herself to search for him, she has been seriously let down!

Ben Needham. I believe his mother actually wrote to the Prime Minister asking when her son could expect the same level of support. If she got a response, I am not aware of it.

To be honest with you, this entire subject makes my blood boil. I think it is shameful to raise the bar for one family when 100,000 children go missing every year in the UK. Granted, most of them are found safe and well, but I can't imagine how it must feel to be a less fortunate parent watching the McCann family get all the stops pulled out for them. Every time I see them, I think of Damien Nettles. His poor mother has spent the last 16 years knowing that he's dead and very likely who killed him - where's her Home Office intervention? He's been missing for as long as he was alive!

I couldn't agree with you more LaughingGirl! In all honesty I've always felt there's been something very suspicious about the sheer amount of resources, money, media and even parliamentary support that the McCanns have had - that may sound harsh, and as if I resent them getting the help, but why just them? And why were their clear actions of neglect brushed under the carpet?:???:

Life is like an echo, it all returns......The good, the bad, the false, the true......So if you give life the best you have, the best will come back to you.

I'm not even going to go there because I'll sound like a conspiracy theory loon-bucket. I can't think of a single family in the UK or abroad that have had this level of intervention in a missing child case, nor the level of public donations.

I do know people actively involved in working with families of missing children, and in the States they call this PWGS - Pretty White Girl Syndrome. Basically, if the child is attractive, white and middle class child the whole world goes berserk looking for them or their killer. Jon Benet Ramsey is another example of this. What happened to her was a tragedy, but sadly it happens to children worldwide every day - there aren't many of those children who turn into a multi-million pound industry, however. If I was a highly cynical person (and I am), I would venture to say that these cases get the attention that they do because the unfortunate children involved are making people money, namely the media and publishing sectors, but in some cases the parents do quite nicely out of it too. Nobody will ever know who killed Jon Benet Ramsey now, but I guarantee you that people will still be writing books about her and 'naming' her murderer in a decade. The same applies to Madeline McCann.

"Then they came for me--and there was no one left to speak for me". Martin Niemöller

"A vital ingredient of success is not knowing that what you're attempting can't be done. A person ignorant of the possibility of failure can be a half-brick in the path of the bicycle of history". - Terry Pratchett

I wouldn't worry LaughingGirl - I'm a bit of a conspiracy theorist loon-bucket myself :-)

Besides, what you say is far more than a theory in my opinion, it's pretty disgusting though huh?

It's very sad indeed. Kids go missing in horrible circumstances every day, but most of the time we don't even read about it.

Im having to bite my tongue here.

Sure they made a mistake, do you not think they are being punished enough.

Different circumstances, but i lost my 9 year old a few years ago. The pain is unbearable. I can only imagine the not knowing is even worse.

I currently, by choice, do not have a T.V. I have only bought a paper once in the last goodness how many months. That was only to see how Fabrice Muamba was doing. I was at the match.

I just want to finish by saying,

"Let He Who Is Without Sin..."

You probably know how to finish the saying off.

• Haha 1

I Wish you everything you wish yourself.

NatWest Claimed £1,639. Accepted £1,344.

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Barclays 1 Claimed £1,260. Won by default. Paid in full

Barclays 2 Claimed £2,378. Won by default. Paid in full

Birmingham Midshires. Claimed £2,122. Accepted £2,075.

Money ? I dont care what it costs.

madeleine_splash_image.png

Natwest Paid me again as GOGW £1,656. Yes they can have it back if they say please.

Im having to bite my tongue here.

Sure they made a mistake, do you not think they are being punished enough.

Different circumstances, but i lost my 9 year old a few years ago. The pain is unbearable. I can only imagine the not knowing is even worse.

I currently, by choice, do not have a T.V. I have only bought a paper once in the last goodness how many months. That was only to see how Fabrice Muamba was doing. I was at the match.

I just want to finish by saying,

"Let He Who Is Without Sin..."

You probably know how to finish the saying off.

Cast the first stone? Yes I know the saying well - but anyone who leaves a child alone is not without sin surely?

By the way, don't feel you have to bite your tongue - surely we're all entitled to our own opinion on here? I for one like to read others opinions :wink:

But as for making a mistake, and already being punished enough? There are children who die of neglect every week - Baby "P" is a fine example, however the result has been very similar, both parents have "lost" their child - do you think we should be forgiving of Baby P's parents? I don't....Sorry.

Cast the first stone? Yes I know the saying well - but anyone who leaves a child alone is not without sin surely?

By the way, don't feel you have to bite your tongue - surely we're all entitled to our own opinion on here? I for one like to read others opinions :wink:

But as for making a mistake, and already being punished enough? There are children who die of neglect every week - Baby "P" is a fine example, however the result has been very similar, both parents have "lost" their child - do you think we should be forgiving of Baby P's parents? I don't....Sorry.

Its for that very reason i have to bite my tongue. You are all acting as judge, jury, and exocutioner.

I defy ANYBODY who has children to say they have not left them alone for whatever reason.

This is NOTHING like the baby P case. Dont change the subject.

Money ? I dont care what it costs.

madeleine_splash_image.png

We should, as a society, do whatever it takes to find any missing child. We don't though, except in the case of the McCanns who were at least partly responsible for their own going missing. Why do the McCanns get preferential treatment?

I don't want to get into this debate as we all have our own opinions but I just want to say to Tonycee "no I've never left my children alone!!! I get a sitter if I need to go anywhere, if that proves difficult I take them with me!!! I can certainly say I've never left them to go for a drink and a meal!!! Even if we have a BBQ and ate out the garden when it's time for the children to come in then so do the adults!".

Can I also say I'm really sorry for your loss x

Bess2001

We should, as a society, do whatever it takes to find any missing child. We don't though, except in the case of the McCanns who were at least partly responsible for their own going missing. Why do the McCanns get preferential treatment?

They dont. You just think they do.

Its called media hype. It sells newspapers. You turn up the volume when you hear it on your TV/radio.

Dont forget they have also put over £1.2 million pounds into the enquiries.

When new evidence comes to light, we as a society do investigate. Its called justice.

I don't want to get into this debate as we all have our own opinions but I just want to say to Tonycee "no I've never left my children alone!!! I get a sitter if I need to go anywhere, if that proves difficult I take them with me!!! I can certainly say I've never left them to go for a drink and a meal!!! Even if we have a BBQ and ate out the garden when it's time for the children to come in then so do the adults!".

Can I also say I'm really sorry for your loss x

Put the washing out, go to the toilet, talk to a neighbour. Thats the sort of leaving alone i meant. I dont condone what they did in leaving her alone. I just dont think we should cast judgement at this stage,

And thank you for the kind words.

Just recently we had an incident in our street. A couple in a car approached the youngster on way home from school and tried to lure him into the car. He had the presence of mind to realise the danger he was in, these people can grab a child quick, and ran to home to tell parents. Police have put the whole area on alert. This has never been known around our parts before and very shocking. Playing outside houses has stopped now.

These people are always looking for that window of opportunity, it can be where you least expect it because that's how they're wired up,cunning and waiting for the moment you glance away, to pounce.

Edited by determindator

No new Madeleine probe by Portugal

R.I.P my beautiful grey ghost, gone but never forgotten, taken so suddenly, 04/07/2004 ~ ~ 02/03/2017

Gone but never forgotten,Little Miss Sunshine, Alisha Marie. 15/12/2005 ~ ~ 13/02/2006

Our  beloved Dalmatian Jazz,  gone to join Wal at Rainbow Bridge, hope you are now pain free .  20/9/2005 ~ ~ 24/3/2019