5 weeks on jobseekers and still not been paid the money whats going on?

batesj91
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4388 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Its been 5 weeks since I was last paid my jobseekers allowance after numerous calls to the jobcentre and finally getting through to the head office in Clydebank in Scotland I was told unpolitely told "from your accent I can tell your not supposed to be calling here" to which I replied "this is the Clydebank jobcentre?" at this point she replied "yes but your not from here so call your local jobcentre".

At that point I had had enough of her ignorance and hung up im English myself and still have a yorkshire accent.

Enough of that , after speaking to a different adviser I was told they would send out new coupons and forms for the to fill in and sign from the 2nd and 16th of April I returned these on the 18th and i still haven't received anything I am completely out of money and eaten everything in my house even my last tin of beans. things are getting desperate and I haven't been able to get anything such as a crisis loan organised because of the weekend.

I have no idea how long its going to take to get them moving or where I stand on this

The staff are lazy.I used to do image and workflow(The scanning system for forms).They just didnt action the forms.2 Months i had to sign on and every fortnight nothing.I had wife and 3 children and we thankfully had the monthly child benefit.I phoned and the advisor got application up and wouldnt action it he just put it back in the queue!.I never received the benefit thankfully I found employment and now will do other things work wise to keep money coming in.The staff and the PCS(their Union) are an absolute disgrace.By the way at the bank we have to process 13 full applications per hour..They couldnt process one in 2 months.Contact your local Mp and citizens advice.

Clearly part of the problem is the people who answer the phones cant do anything other then advise or request a call back. Even then it seems people doing the call bacl's cannot fix certian things their and then either (although can some stuff like moving my appeal to top of pile), eg. when my IB got reinstated the DM told me she will send it off to be activated meaning she didnt do it herself. Seems to be a lot of passing the parcel going on within the DWP. This I see as bad design and management not down to the DM etc. themselves who ave to do their job as they are told.

What you need to do is call the benefits processing centre number, the staff at the JCP (I am one of them) are not processing officers and such have no influence regarding payments, all payment enquiries are meant to be directed to the processing number, which is actually answered by a call centre operative who only has basic information available to tem, if they are unable to answer your enquiry they are supposed to request a call back from a memeber of the processing team actually for yur Benefit Centre.

Incidentely it is just as frustrating for the staff at both the JCP and the DWP that we can't help first and foremost as used to be.

The staff are lazy.I used to do image and workflow(The scanning system for forms).They just didnt action the forms.2 Months i had to sign on and every fortnight nothing.I had wife and 3 children and we thankfully had the monthly child benefit.I phoned and the advisor got application up and wouldnt action it he just put it back in the queue!.I never received the benefit thankfully I found employment and now will do other things work wise to keep money coming in.The staff and the PCS(their Union) are an absolute disgrace.By the way at the bank we have to process 13 full applications per hour..They couldnt process one in 2 months.Contact your local Mp and citizens advice.

There are members of the DWP staff who post here in their own free time and provide useful and helpful advice. Frustrating as the benefits system can be, insulting the staff is unhelpful. Please don't do this.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING. EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

The idea that all politicians lie is music to the ears of the most egregious liars.