Trust Deeds Scotland - utter pests!!

exRAF
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4101 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Has anyone had these idiots bombard them with phone calls?

They are based in Glasgow and call themselves Trust Deed Scotland.

They call and ask to speak to me, I don't confirm my name and simply ask who they are and what they want.

I normally get some cock and bull about "new money legislation" at which point I cut their narrative short and ask for my number to be removed from their system.

However they can be pretty aggressive and try to get me to confirm my name etc.

My thoughts are they are either a DCA trying it on, or are just plain stupid.

Can I complain to anyone?

133 Finnieston Street, Glasgow, G3 8HB

Registered in Scotland: SC369406

Data Protection Registration: PZ2205958

Consumer Credit Licence : 637870

They do have a web page, use their name all in one word + .net Apparently they are a debt advice company that will arrange trust deeds but no doubt at a price.

Name & Registered Office:

KELSOM LTD

133 FINNIESTON STREET

GLASGOW

G3 8HB

Company No. SC369406

Date of Incorporation: 01/12/2009

Country of Origin: United Kingdom

Company Type: Private Limited Company

Nature of Business (SIC):

82990 - Other business support service activities not elsewhere classified

Accounting Reference Date: 31/03

Last Accounts Made Up To: 31/03/2011 (TOTAL EXEMPTION SMALL)

Next Accounts Due: 31/12/2012

Last Return Made Up To: 01/12/2011

Next Return Due: 29/12/2012

http://companycheck.co.uk/company/SC369406

Current Directors

Mr Jon Paul Kelly

Mr Mark John Sommerville

These compamies are becoming desparate to muster up businness, there is new legislation on the way in Scotland in the next couple of years, which will almost certainly make Trust Deeds a thing of the past. People who are in a position to make monthly contributions towards their debts will be directed to DAS as an alternative (Hence the current advertising campaigne). DAS unlike Trust Deeds can be accessed free of charge through the charity sector and protects assets, therefore the gravy train will grind to a halt.

Edited by Crocdoc

Has anyone had these idiots bombard them with phone calls?

They are based in Glasgow and call themselves Trust Deed Scotland.

They call and ask to speak to me, I don't confirm my name and simply ask who they are and what they want.

I normally get some cock and bull about "new money legislation" at which point I cut their narrative short and ask for my number to be removed from their system.

However they can be pretty aggressive and try to get me to confirm my name etc.

My thoughts are they are either a DCA trying it on, or are just plain stupid.

Can I complain to anyone?

dont touch them with a bargepole!!

are you on TPS that should stop them.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Thanks for taking time out to reply guys. I've no intention on using their 'services' rather I was curious if they were a DCA using tactics....... Seems they are just telephone vultures preying on people. Sadly.

• 2 weeks later...

These idiots will not stop calling me. Here's an example:

"Hello"

TD - "Hello can I speak to Mr x please"

"May I ask who's calling"

TD - "Mr X it's Trust Deed Scotland"

Now it's clear at this point they think they're speaking to me, despite me not confirming this. They then become argumentative if I tell them I'm not interested in what they have to say. They also fail to acknowledge that I have not confirmed my identity, yet they continue to call me by my Christian name. I am royally fed up of them. I owe them nothing and have no desire to use their services, yet they're hell bent on calling me for an argument!

Today I just said hang on after answering then sat the phone down for five mins before ending the call. I think I'll invest in a whistle next......

• 1 month later...

I came here wondering about the same thing. I had a phone call from them and they were really annoying, wouldn't take no for an answer. Apparently they do charge.

If I remember correctly it was slightly different than a DAS also, not too sure of all the legality of it.

Ex RAF-the old methods usually work best. First have a loud whistle beside the phone and blow it hard at them when they phone. Then

replace the receiver without speaking to them. Do not speak to them ever again once they have identified themselves. Never get drawn

into an argument just blow the whistle and put the phone down.

Even the dumbest will get the picture and try someone else-if only to give their ears a rest.

Well yes, it would be obviously better if one could use the sound of a mark 2 Victor with full afterburners blasting down the phone at them,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

but in the absence of that perhaps a Snowdrop could lend one of their whistles.

or better still do not hang up but do put the phone to one side (or under a pillow) and carry on with other things and let them waste their money. one added bonus of this is that they will be furious at this because you will be wasting their time rather than them wasting yours.

HTH (Hope This Helps) RDM2006

THE FORCE (OF CAG) IS WITH YOU

;)

We've Helped You To Claim - Now Help Us Remain

A live Site - Make a Donation

All advice and opinions given by people on this site are personal, and are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, please seek qualified professional legal Help.

However, if you have found any advice you have been given helpful.

Why not show your gratitude And

Click the * on the post you found helpful.

• 7 months later...

Hi, I have a question regarding Trust Deed Scotland debt text messages.

I dont ever remember signing up to a list to receive these other than when I used a credit scoring agency last week to see my current score. Message states:

Got debt problems over £10k? Trust Deed Scotland can help you write them off using government legislation. To become debt free reply HELP. Calls may be recorded.

Is this a [problem], should I ignore it? I have a couple of issues with debts and do not feel I want to go down this road which seems to be some kind of bankruptcy. Also I really dont want anyone to accidently see my problems in a text message - should I call trust deed scotland to ask them to remove me from the list or is it better to ignore the text message?

Any good links for where I get good debt advice in Scotland?

TY