Housing Association FOI

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4384 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Not sure if this is the right place but if someone could help, that would be great.

For the last 9 years I have had problems with my neighbours. The last two years have been intense.

My wife couldn't handle it and has left, she now lives 25 miles away because the stress is to much. My kids go and stay with my sister during holidays because they cannot handle being around here. The first time they went out to play in 18 months and the police were called and we had all manner of aggro even though everyone elses kids can play out and do as they please. My kids are not breaking anything or screaming their heads of, just to make that clear.

I installed CCTV a long time ago and we have loads of footage of the neighbours sticking their fingers up to my kids and wife, throwing stones, climbing over our fence and shed to break one of our cameras, coming into our back garden to damage property and hurt our chickens (which we no longer have).

They call the police and lie about things my kids are supposed to have done ie; they said my children broke someones outside tap even though they were at my sisters over 40 miles away all that week.

They accuse us of damaging their vehicles but we have the CCTV to prove nothing happened! They always have witnesses to these things so the police automatically take their side and wont listen to anything I say. It has got so bad that the other day the police came round and I threatened to batter everyone including him and thats not good...I am just getting so stressed.

It has become so much worse since a few years ago when all the neighbours decided they wanted to get a lad around the corner kicked out because he has front lobe damage and can be a major pain sometimes. The neighbours grouped together and asked us to write a statement saying he was doing lots of naughty things etc but I wouldn't go along with it. They told my wife "If you dont do it with us, you guys will be next!". When she told me this my wife was really upset but I still said no, Im not going to persecute an innocent man. I then reported what they said to the Housing Association.

Since then, then neighbours have kept their word and tried everything. If I didnt have my CCTV I am sure I would have been arrested for some of their false complaints because, as i say they always have witnesses.

The housing Association offered mediation that we accepted and they were full of promises but they never delivered. They said they would put cameras and microphones up but they never did. We sent told them of everything that happened with the neighbours, they done nothing so we gave up.

What I would like to do is ask the Housing Association for a copy of my file so I can get all the letters I have sent to them (my pc died and i lost all my copies) and I would like to take all of this information to a solicitor and see if I can sue for harrassment, deformation etc.

I love my house but have registered with a house swap website, even though I live in the best area you can get. I dont want to move but I dont want to live here when my children cant breath without getting abuse at every turn.

Please help someone!!!

I remember this when it was all just fields....

when all the neighbours decided they wanted to get a lad around the corner kicked out because he has front lobe damage and can be a major pain sometimes. The neighbours grouped together and asked us to write a statement saying he was doing lots of naughty things etc but I wouldn't go along with it. They told my wife "If you dont do it with us, you guys will be next!". When she told me this my wife was really upset but I still said no, Im not going to persecute an innocent man. I then reported what they said to the Housing Association.

It first started the day we moved in. As we were carrying things in one of the neighbours came out and was shouting at us. Their family is well known in the area and I laughed at her. The van was on my drive, nothing obstructing or anything.

My wife used to get along with the neighbours, I used to help them out all the time. I used to fix his pc, build his kids bed for him, gave him furniture and toys and playstations for the kids (which they then sold). I even paid for the people to fix his bed-bug problem and was always round there when he collapsed to pick him up. He has a bad back and always collapses the day before his hospital appointment but manages to walk the 4 miles home from the appointment with bags of shopping.

I dunno, maybe I'm the problem. I guess I will find out. The only thing I can think of that has upset them is to continually prove them liars with my CCTV, that must be annoying.

I remember this when it was all just fields....

Neighbour disputes are a nightmare not just for the people involved but police/LA.s etc. I think the best thing you can do is try and get a transfer as the situation seems well out of hand now. Defamation is a non starter, harrasment could be but so often all that happens is an injunction not to harrass/go within a certain distance of the other person etc and this will probably only inflame the situation.

If I have been of any help, please click on my star and let me know, thank you.

Hi

I would make a Formal Complaint to the Chief Executive of the Housing Association concerned outlining what you have said above especially your cctv evidence which proves you are actually the innocent party.

As this has been going on so long with constant threats you require the Housing Association to Class you as a "Special Case for Tranfer" to another property as you now fear for your own safety which has to be approved by the Board of the Association.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Hi

I would make a Formal Complaint to the Chief Executive of the Housing Association concerned outlining what you have said above especially your cctv evidence which proves you are actually the innocent party.

As this has been going on so long with constant threats you require the Housing Association to Class you as a "Special Case for Transfer" to another property as you now fear for your own safety which has to be approved by the Board of the Association.

Why should they move.

The Housing Association with enough evidence should start eviction proceedings against theses troublesome tenants next door..

If it's been going on for 9 years now, a possession order is the only way to go..

1frenchie1

Give the Housing Association a kick up the back side and tell them to end this for once and All or tell the HA you Will go and see a solicitor,to see if there are any grounds for legal action against the HA..

Do you know how long theses troublesome tenant have lived there ?

Edited by 45002

Please use the quote system, So everyone will know what your referring too, thank you ...

You can ask for a copy of your file but can only have copies of anything which does not identify a 3rd party e.g. if someone has complained about you they wouldn't show you this. If all you want are copies of documents you've provided this should be ok. They may ask for a £10 fee. You say that you agreed to mediation but that it didn't come tio anything - it sounds as if your neighbours did not agree. This suggests that they dio not want to resolve the issues whereas you do. They should have told you what action, if anything, they have taken. They have many tools available - Acceptable Behaviour Contracts, Injunctions, Antisocial Behaviour Orders, Demotion of tenancy or possession proceedings. Ask for a copy of their ASB Policy and Procedures - every HA has to have one and most publish them on their web site. You can then see if they have dealt with you fairly. If you feel they have not followed their procedures you can complain to the Chief Executive.