Dwp medical - ** WON **

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3977 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, that's a start and good news. Do bear in mind that it can sometimes take quite a while for the Tribunal Service to tell the DWP officially of the result. Up until that day, iirc, you will need to keep sending in (un)fit notes to ensure your fortnightly payments continue. I also understand it can take a little while for back payments to be received.

Congratulations. :cheer2:

Just,one more comment. I wonder if the ATOS Medicial will improve in time

or be just as bad as its always been????????????? I know lots of people are starting to complain to their MPs etc.

Thanks alot, I really mean that. Do take care of yourselves.

Thanks you lot. You are just great. Do bear in mind that ESA only lasts for 1 year as I

understand. Thanks for all your help. I will keep in contact on this site.

And help any of you others if I can.

Only Contribution based ESA. I've been on Income based ESA for four years so far. Never hesitate to help others if you can, it's what makes CAG a good place to be ...

Hello All,

I had my Tribunal Letter today 13/9/12 and I got 18 points. I am confused,as I think they have placed me in the work related group. Can I appeal against that

or what. I am really not well and expected to go in the support group. What happens next. I am going to see my doctor and wonder of he would cover me with sick notes

for a longer period of time. I am just about to give up and tell the DWP to go somewhere. Please help

Looking at my Tribunal Decision Notice. I have been quoted the sections where I have scored points.

But one of my problems has been missed. I did state the problem at my tribunal and it was quoted at

my atos medical. I have asked the tribunal service for a statement of reason. But, is it worth me

waiting until the DWP contact me first. I wonder if they may let me appeal again.

I think that if I want to take things further, I may have to start a fresh ESA Claim.

Is it worth me contacting my local MP.

Sorry for all my content today, but iam very worried and its not helping my depression

grahamdavid31:

To be awarded the support group component of employment and support allowance you need to meet one of the support group descriptors or qualify through exceptional/special circumstances. Can I suggest you Google ESA214. A reasonably useful booklet that details the criteria for awards of employment and support allowance. Points, or lack of them, are irrelevant to the support component of the award.

Your choice, but for the moment:

You don't need 'permission' from Jobcentreplus to appeal to the upper tribunal but matters of fact are not appealable. An error of law (the tribunal didn't consider all the evidence) can be appealed but consensus of opinion is that you'd need professional advice and representation.

A fresh claim would put you back to square one, on assessment rate, cos you'd have to close your current claim.

Can't see any reason to contact Work n Pensions or your Member of Parliament.

Come back to us, if necessary, when you've read up on the criteria for the support group, and the tribunal's statement of reasons. :ranger:

Best wishes, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Thanks very much Margaret.

I will look up on Google. I am going to write to the tribunal Services for statement of reason.

I have been put into work related group with 18 points. Now, if that means I will get son training or courses to go on, then that maybe ok.

But, if that means I will be put straight on to job hunt. Then I will have health problems. I will not contact the job centre. I will wait for them

to contact me. Told it should be in about two weeks.

Many thanks for your help.

grahamdavid31:

Probably sooner, rather than later, you'll be asked to attend an initial work focused interview followed by further interviews every month or so to discuss what you can do to prepare for work. Training courses are very few and far between cos of funding cuts. Some advisors ask what a claimant's doing to find work but currently recipients of the work related activity component of the award can't be mandated to apply for or accept employment.

Best wishes, Margaret.

Edited by **Margaret**

Thank you Margaret.

For all your help. I have booked an appointment to see my GP next monday to discuss my situation.

I am worried that the job centre will force me to start job hunting and this will effect my depression as I have problems with pressure.

I thinking, would it be better to take a break and live off my savings, and see how the job situation is in six months time, and then apply

for ESA or if my health is better then, just go onto JSA. I do not know. MY GP will still cover me with sick notes if needed at the moment..

I will wait and see him on monday and decide. I am afraid of the pressure that the job centre may put on me.

Many thanks for all your help. Graham.

I read somewhere that if you are put onthe looking for work, that job centres, are turning people away, saying that they are too ill to work.......

Yes. There are a few people on here who can't claim either JSA or ESA because JSA says they're too ill and ESA says they can work.