Currys - Whatever Happens - JOKE!!!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4362 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hiya.

Ive been having one hugh headach with the currys whatever happens cover.

My darling 2 year old for some reason decided to cover my sons laptop / sofa / floor with washing up liquid.

God knows why, so i grabbed my sons laptop to clean it... wiped it down and sat it on its side to drain off.

about an hour later i tried to power it back up and it was dead...

After a quick panic, i remeberd i had this amazing cover that i bought knowing accidents would happen with the kids.

so i phoned currys to tell them and they said to drop it in store to be sent off.

so this i did, and a couple of weeks later the unit was returned, not fixed.

I was told to send a letter to the Investigation department.... I was a bit confused and no one on the whatever happens line could really help me. only saying that aparently some of the screws were rusted and that it must have had the damaged caused more than 10 days ago.

then i was told that the damage found didnt match what i had told them..?

so after a week i phoned up currys to chase the letter and to again query what had they found.. as i told them it was washing up liquid.

the guy i spoke to said he would look into it for me and phoned the repair team. when he came back to me he said the damage cause was not coverd by the manufactures warrenty and this is why it wasnt fixed.

i informed the person that i had the extended cover plan, he checked this up for me and made a few enquierys and came back to me telling me they had made a mistake and that i can return it to store to be fixed.

So i did.

i chased it up a few times and it was awaiting parts for quite a while. Then the parts arrived, so after a few days i phoned again and was told that the unit had AGAIN been sent back to the investigation team and i would have to wait while they decided... AGAIN.

So i chased it up a while later and the person on the phone phoned who ever to find out what was happening. then she came back to me saying they have just said that the unit WILL be fixed, and that it should be on its way home in the next 7 days.

So after about a week i phoned up again, thinking that it should be on its way back now... and was told that they were deciding if they were going to repair it or write it off.

I phoned back a couple of days later and was told that they were NOT going to repair it now and that the unit was being returned to me UNFIXED.

What the hell is going on..? and where do i stand..?

ive just phoned currys to get details off their system and a very helpful chap has emailed me the main parts... ive put the dates below.

unit bought : 9th Nov

cover bought : 27 dec 2011

unit taken in : 21st jan

returned to me un repaired : 8th feb

told to take the unit back in : 21st feb

returned to store : 22nd feb

awaiting parts : 2nd march

parts arrived : 17th march

sent back to claims : 21st march

told it was being fixed : 26th march

told it was being written off : 30th march

told it now wasnt being fixed : 3rd April

Can anyone advise me..??

Many Thanks in advance

Dan

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Nipper,

Thanks for taking the time to post on CAG. I am sorry to read of the issues that you have experienced when you have tried to get your laptop fixed and returned to you.

If you would like to email me at [email protected] and include your Whatever Happens reference number I will be able to pull all the history of the issue up so that I can look into this further for you.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

although i would like to point out that although the customer services team can take an intrest it will be the garry perriment listed on the letter that will have the final say

feel free to write to him, if you can provide a reasonable explanation then you may be able to get it over turned

if you decide to write in then i would suggest including any supporting evidence for example did you claim through house insurance for sofa/carpet

give as much detail as possible, it will help

ive seen a few appeals and most of the failed ones give very little information

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

• 2 weeks later...

Find a single powerful contact within the company - someone that is a decision maker, send them a short and sweet coverletter - with the details included as a supplement.

You're getting lost in the system it seems.

• 1 month later...

Hi All

I believe I to am going to go through the same ungodly process as many other "Whatever happens cover" customers!

I slipped on the top step of the stairs and dropped the laptop to save myself, which then careered down the stairs and bounced off the radiator at the bottom.

So I ring the customer services and arrange collection of my laptop. 2 weeks later I get it back along with a letter stating the damage was not consistent with the explanation given, therefore no repair. If I wish to add further information I can write a letter as it is being dealt with by claims investigation unit.

So I write the letter.

1) My laptop came back in a lot worse state than I sent it in.

2) The only explanation stated on the paperwork was "dropped down the stairs" when I made it quite clear the circumstances on the phone.

3) Whatever happens should mean just that (within reason) I do not pay for a service to then be scrutinised!!!

I gave a full explanation as to what happened I sent photos as evidence of the radiator at the bottom of the stairs.

I asked for a response within 14days which is today and suprise suprise, nothing!!

The letter they send out is terrible, no phone numbers, no email address or name to contact. It even states that whilst the investigation is being carried out all services under the agreement are suspended, i do hope this means I dont have to pay for this time. Ummm I doubt it!!

Poor poor customer service!!

Rant over for now lol

theres no point contacting pcworlds online rep as unfortunatly the only person that can deal with it is gary perrement at the address on the letter

i dont think theres a phone number due to the ammount of abuse it would receave

Please note:

• I am employed in the IT sector of a high street retail chain but am not posting in any official capacity,so therefore any comments,suggestions or opinions are expressly personal ones and should not be viewed as an endorsement or with agreement of any company.
  • i am not legal trained in any form.
  • I have many experiences in life and do often use these in my posts

if ive been helpful kick my scales, if ive been unhelpful kick the scales of the person more helpful :eek:

I have received a letter back saying they are still not going to uphold my claim due to the damage being quite severe.

Any advice as to where to go next with this??

I am putting a letter together to send back stating I am not happy with this and I will be taking matters further.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Ive resolve the issue now after a few months... i got in contact with the chief executive's office and they were disgusted and sorted it out within a day, with voucher for a brand new product of my choice.

if your sturggling... then looks like the top is the way forward...

cheers guys

Guest Paul - CurrysPCWorld

Hi Nickfox,

Thanks for joining the post. I am sorry to read that the Claims Investigation team have not held up your claim.

As stated by labrat my hands are pretty much tied when its an agreement as there is a set in stone process which is followed.

If you send a letter addressed to Garry Perryment explaining (in full detail) what has happened. Also explain that your computer has come back in a worse condition than when you sent it (pictures would be a real help). Also state that you are unhappy with his first response of not being prepared to cover the damage.

Hopefully this info helps and you get the resolve you are looking for.

Kind Regards,

Paul

The KNOWHOW Team.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Nicola

I too am having problems with this group.

For what it's worth i have carbon copied my emails to the heads of all departments listed in the corperate page.

Not sure what this will do but it wont hurt to highlight the inconsistancies of details received from the customer relations department.

Bad publicity strikes much harder than good one would like to think. Next step will be standing outside the shop and telling their customers how rubbish things are when you need help.

Thanks

Mick