Tesco and Dell Laptop falling apart at Hinges etc

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4452 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, would appreciate some guidance its been a while since ive needed to go down this route but sadly i find myself having to stick up for my rights again.

Been onto trading standards & they say there are some letter templates on their site which i cant find i know where are some suitable one on here but not sure where to look ?

After a little over a year my lap top has fallen apart i contacted Dell & they washed there hands of it & say its ware & tare, as its cos cosmetic its not covered by the warranty.

In my eyes which i consider myself to be right the lap top has not been fit for the purpose & i have been told i need to send a letter to the Tesco store i purchased it from & see what they have to say on the matter ?

Where do i find a letter template to suit, needs to state the Act that fits the bill.

Any help welcome, Regards

First of all, can you be more specific on what exactly has happened with the laptop and why Dell are classing it as Ware & Tear/Cosmetic?

Hi, thanks for the reply, Hinges & plastic covers broken, plastic surround on screen broken yes Dell have rid their hands of it cosmetic.

Ive been informed to send a letter to the Teso where i purchased it under the sales of goods act 1979, which i since managed to found a letter temple on the trading standards website.

All i can do is send it & hope for the best !!