Ruthbridge Letter

P4010
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4431 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Help and advise needed please. I have recieved a letter from Ruthbridge, stating that they are attempting to contact "the above named person". It says if I am the above named person to call them to obtain further details, and if i'm not, to call them to update they're records.

I'm guessing this is a debt that I foolishly got from about 15 years ago, but i've done nothing about from moving to various addresses. I'm aware that some debts become statute barred and that some may get CCJ's, but what debts are likely to have ccj's and which don't?? is there a standard structure to it at all?

How can i see if i have ccj's if over 10 years old and probably not on credit file?

And finally what should i do regarding this letter? should i ignore it? It says if i dont respond they may call me, but its my mother in laws home, will the have her number? i don't want her frightened.

Thanks for any help, I appreciate it

There is no 'standard structure' to what debts may get CCJs. The only way to check is via Registry Trust, not sure of the website on this.

You MUST get that letter to the OFT as it is against OFT Guidelines to send letters out like that, Ruthbridge are known to them. The more complaints the better.

Send it to Trading Standards as well

http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk for the Office of Fair Trading

http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk for Trading Standards

You can check for CCJ's using this site. http://www.trustonline.org.uk/

What type of debts were these ?

Statute barring timescale depends on the debt type. Need more details.

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Hi Sillygirl and Uncle,

The debts were unsecured loans and credit cards. I checked for ccjs on trustonline but nothing registered, and im guessing that even if there are any they wouldn't be on the register after 6 years?? is there any other way to find out?

Hi Sillygirl and Uncle,

The debts were unsecured loans and credit cards. I checked for ccjs on trustonline but nothing registered, and im guessing that even if there are any they wouldn't be on the register after 6 years?? is there any other way to find out?

If they got a CCJ, they would have had 6 years to obtain payment. If they failed, they would have had to go back to the court and ask to extend. Apparently this is rarely granted,

I would suggest that you send them the statute barred letter and it is then up to them to prove otherwise, if they wish to continue chasing you. Per OFT guidelines, if the debt is statute barred and you tell them you don't want to be contacted, they have to stop.

This is from the CAG library. http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?408-Letter-sent-when-debt-is-statute-barred

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

Thanks uncle. Elsa - Whatever it is must be SB im assuming because the few bits of credit i have now are fully up to date and paid, so cant be anything to do with that, and the only other credit i had in my life was these loans and credit cards when i was 18. I'm 36 now.

Also, If these debts need paying, will i have to pay out of the small profits in my Ltd company? I pay myself a small wage in order to try and build my company cashflow, and increase the chances of surviving this economic climate. So with income and expenditure if it comes to that, will it include money in my Ltd company or just my wages?

Thanks all again

Also, If these debts need paying, will i have to pay out of the small profits in my Ltd company? - NO COMPANY IS A SEPERATE ENTITY TO YOU

I pay myself a small wage in order to try and build my company cashflow, and increase the chances of surviving this economic climate. So with income and expenditure if it comes to that, will it include money in my Ltd company or just my wages? - DONT LET THE LTD COMPANY PAY ANY WAGES TO YOU - DRAW DIVI'S IF ENOUGH PROFIT EXISTS!! :-)

Also if as old as you are saying they are SB'd.... dont worry sleep well!

Thanks all again