style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To clarify:

There is no "civil order" and no court date in the pipeline. The bailiffs are acting on a warrant of execution which they will already have.

And it is not true that if you offer something they have to accept.

Bad advice like this will make matters worse for the OP.

According to the OP he has no assets and so the warrant will almost certainly end up being returned nulla bona. His best course of action is to bring that about ASAP rather than riding out the hassle he's getting, or paying the debt. He shouldn't have to pay it if his circumstances are as he describes them.

Conniff is correct, councils cannot refuse payments. If they do then there is recourse for a complaint.

You would be pretty lucky if you managed to get a meeting with anyone in parking services, your best bet is to write to the manager of parking services.

Send in proof of your benefits etc. explain the circumstances, mention the vulnerable status of the national standards of enforcement agents, let them know that bailiff has been aggressive and this has upset your daughter, mention you will be informing you mp, if the bailiffs are not asked to withdrawn. I would also send a letter to marstons enclosing a copy of what you have sent to the council. Tell them you dont appreciate the language the bailiffs used infront of your daughter. remind them of their codes of conduct. just let the council know that you are not refusing to pay, but just cannot pay in a full lump some and request some time to pay it.

I don't think that is true.

In any case, I don't think the OP has had good advice here. The sensible way forward is to get into dialogue with the council. If necessary, arrange a meeting with someone in parking. Show them evidence of your situation, income, lack of assets, benefits deduction etc.

Once the council can see that this case is not going anywhere they can recall the bailiff warrant. Expecting the bailiff to give it up is just too fanciful.

If I were you I would try right now - get onto the council, ask them if they will suspend the warrant until you've had a chance to meet them or present your case to them.

I think you will have a good chance of getting it resolved that way without paying anything.

So the council "cannot" refuse payments? Read post 21: "The council have now told me they cannot accept payments from me or out of my benefit due to it being with the bailiff" ... "6.15 this morning 2 bailiffslink3.gif called and were hammering on the door".

That's the reality of the situation, not my opinion.

Councils extend a right to personal meetings, and even in the absense of that right, will have no objection to organising one. Most have public offices dealing with parking, with public-facing staff. They are quite happy to sit down and meet with people to discuss issues. I used to supervise several such offices myself and had countless meetings with members of the public, as did my managers.

Letters? pretty much futile. Meetings? Yes - they get you heard.

We will have to agree to disagree on this one, each area has different rules im afraid.

As for the council refusing payment, then a complaint needs to be sent asap to the ceo of the council.

Sure, but a complaint sitting in an in-tray waiting for a standard defensive reply won't help the OP tomorrow, the next day, the next day... that't the point - he wants it sorted out, and ASAP.

Sure, but a complaint sitting in an in-tray waiting for a standard defensive reply won't help the OP tomorrow, the next day, the next day... that't the point - he wants it sorted out, and ASAP.

dont we all, but whats to say he will get to meet anyone in the next day.. nothing stopping the OP from calling, emailing or hand delivering a letter.

Nothing in this industry gets done asap, there are protocols some have to go through.

Just checked the certified list and the bailiff who is dealing with this is not registered on there...does thischange anything or anything i can do?

The register is not 100% accurate, you will need to ring the MOJ for further information and after that ring the Court he is Ceritficated at to find the current status.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]