• Tweets

• thread title updated moved to overseas debt forum. sadly as they are outside any UK jurisdiction upon DCA rules which state in the UK they must not call employers, there not alot you can do to stop these scammers. make sure you totally make private ALL social media twitter/facebook/linked in etc etc as there no-way for them to findout where you work otherwise so you must have a leak somewhere. find it. your employer details arent even legally available to UK DCA's so how have they found it out to date???  simply write to the BANK informing them of your correct and current address ALWAYS!!. if you want to arrange payment or not TO THE BANK ONLY thats upto you. never ever ignore a Statutory Demand a Letter Of Claim a Court Claimform. if if if any of those ever happen. till then ignore and rewash. dx    
    • Date of issue –   13 may 2024 AOS date 31st may defence filing date 14th june plenty of lowell card claimform threads here use our enhanced google searchbox Lowell card claimform id be reading at least 5-10 threads a day. do NOT MISS your defence filing whatever happens.  
    • Hello All,  I’m hoping someone can help me urgently here. Firstly, I’d like to say I have read multiple other threads and have some what an idea of what I should be doing, however my case might be slightly different so coming with my own questions here.    my situation is I lived in Dubai and had a credit card and a loan, loan with HSBC and credit card with Emirates (or the other way round), I lost my job and was forced to leave the country as I was staying in the country on my companies visa.    since coming back, after a few years 2 different debt collections agencies have been approaching me (one being IDRW and the other J&P). I’ve never answered IDRWW and they constantly chase me by calling and messaging me and my employer. My current company is ok with this as I explained the situation but I’m soon to be joining a new company who definitely won’t be ok with being messaged and called. I’m afraid to continue to ignore them as they may message and calm the new employer as they have before and I’ll lose my job. However, it seems clear from these forums that dealing with the debt collection agencies is never a good idea. You shouldn’t agree to the amount or pay anything.    j&p caught me on my phone but I still haven't sent them any money or confirmed the amount they’re saying is owed, they keep pushing to pay off the “principal” amount by making monthly payments, from reading these forums it seems like if I make one of those payments (they have provided bank details for ENBD), then it’ll just be paying off interest and not actually clearing the principle debt and the bank won’t even approve receipt of payment or that it’s coming off principle.    this is my predicament as ignoring them might not be an option if they chase my new employer. Maybe there’s a way to ensure the debt collection agency don’t contact my new employer?? I don’t know? Massively appreciate peoples help here. Thanks, 
    • The clock is ticking for savings providers. They now have just a few weeks left to get their act together and start offering loyal customers a good deal.View the full article
    • Thank you dx I'll get on with it  Much appreciated  H
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

Mackenzie Hall contacted me at work

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4457 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

A long while ago I received correspondence from Mackenzie Hall relating to a debt, I called them from my mobile (witholding my number) and asked them what it was about.

When they then told me what it was I told them I had no idea what they were talking about. Then contact stopped, until about two weeks ago I received a text asking me to call them and then they called my house number (which is not only ex directory but registered in my husbands name) leaving a message and now five minutes ago I get this email at work

I have never EVER given my work email out to anyone, so how did they even get it????? and are they allowed to do this??? (I have put the x's in by the way to cover my personal information)Reference: XXXXClient Reference:

xxxxxxxPursuers: xxxxxxxxxOriginal Creditors: xxxxxxPrincipal Sum: £xxxx Settlement Offers In regards to the above mentioned account, we are now willing to offer you the opportunity to clear your balance for less than the figure owed.

Option 1 – Pay only £xxxxx to close the full outstanding balance by the last working day of this month,

Option 2 – Pay only £xxx to close the full outstanding balance by the last working day of next month. This offer is only applicable if you make a £xx holding payment on your account this month. Failure to adhere to any part of this will result in full payment being due.

Option 3 – Pay only £xxx to close the full outstanding balance by the last working day of next month. This offer is only applicable if you make a £xx holding payment on your account this month.

Failure to adhere to any part of this will result in full payment being due. If you wish to take up any of these offers, you MUST contact Mackenzie Hall Limited on 01563-xxxx or respond to (email address) by 20th March 2012.

Edited by citizenB
spacing for easiier reading

its a fishing trip, the mistake you made was ringing them in first instance, some questions, how old is the debt? have you checked your credit file? and they cant contact you at work

I know my rights Mr DCA I'm with the CAG......hello hello where you gone Mr DCA8)

Hi if they are offering discounts this early then it's

doubtful they can fully back up their claim.

Who is the original creditor, due you recognise the account??

Without the detail it will difficult to advise.

Check your credit files, use the 30 day on line free trials,

check if this debt is on there.

Never, Never phone them!!!

MH are notorious for chasing Statute Barred debts.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

Please Consider making a donation to keep this site running!

Nemo Mortalium Omnibus Horis Sapit: Animo et Fide:

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, I cant find anything on my credit file save for a credit card debt (that being young and foolish I had totally forgotten about) which is five anfd a half years old, it has to be that, but the reference they gave me was just that they had bought it from another agency so they gave me their name and that was that, I told them at that point I was not acknowledging the debt as until they can clarify what it is I dont know what it is.I'm just scared they are going to start contacting my realtives/employers (after all they got the landline number and work email from somewhere 9we have a strict email policy at work so it is NEVER given to anyone.

The general concensus (excuse spelling) is that if they are offering a reduction then either they are trying to collect a stat barred debt or they know they do not have the correct paperwork to collect on the debt or they are just fishing incase you are the owner of the debt.

Whichever it is, IGNORE them. DO NOT RING THEM.

If possible block their email address from your work email and spam them.

You could send them a prove it letter if you wanted to see what they had, but if you are sure they do not hold an account on you I would ignore them.

:razz:ALWAYS REMEMBER, IF YOU GOT YOURSELF INTO YOUR SITUATION, YOU ARE MORE THAN CAPABLE OF GETTING YOURSELF OUT OF IT

WITHOUT THE HELP OF THE DCA's!!!!!!!!!!!

IF YOU NEED HELP WITH UPLOADING YOUR IMAGES THROUGH PHOTOBUCKET CLICK HERE

IF I HAVE HELPED YOU OR MADE YOU SMILE, PLEASE FEEL FREE TO CLICK MY STAR

Hi, thanks for your quick reply, I cant find anything on my credit file save for a credit card debt (that being young and foolish I had totally forgotten about) which is five anfd a half years old, it has to be that, but the reference they gave me was just that they had bought it from another agency so they gave me their name and that was that, I told them at that point I was not acknowledging the debt as until they can clarify what it is I dont know what it is.I'm just scared they are going to start contacting my realtives/employers (after all they got the landline number and work email from somewhere 9we have a strict email policy at work so it is NEVER given to anyone.

Ok start my sending MH a CCA request to see if the have any info,

CCA request cost £1.00 and the have 12+2 days to provide it.

I would also suggest sending the following to Rob Sands

Compliance Director at MH.

Dear Sir,

I write in reference to your recent communication reagrading

an alleged debt you claim is owed by me.

Take note I do not acknowledge any debt to you or any company

you may claim to represent.

I am very concerned about the way Mackenzie Hall have contacted

me, all telephone calls and e-mail contact at my work place must

cease immediately I will deal with this matter only inwritting.

I am sure I do not have to remind you of the OFT Guidance

sections regarding my wishes regarding contact or the sections

on harassment.

Send it recorded delivery.

Any Letters I Draft are N0T approved by CAG and no personal liability is accepted.

BTW have Mackenzie Hall searched your credit files?

I wouldn't go to the bother of a CCA request, just tell them you don't acknowledge any alleged debt, and could they please provide you with the info they have on you for this alleged debt so you can check your own records.

If you CCA they will take the money and cite Carey v HSBC as a reason they don't have to comply and try and restart any clock ticking for statute barring.

Complain to Sam Gardiner at East Ayrshire Trading Standards about them emailing you at work.

Email back stating

For contacting me at this email I am offering 0 in full and final - unless of course you want to explain fully in court how you got this email and why you think you have the right to harrass somebody at work.

No Lawful request for information either SAR or CCA can restart the

statute barred clock.

The CCA will not affect anything at all,but will enable you to see if

MH has the document to back up their claim.

We know that but this DCA takes the proverbial.

There is a 'go forth' letter somewhere which basically tells them to get lost, you do not recognise any alleged debt and could they verify where they got their info from, in view of using the works email.

DONT offer anything ever zero as a full & final settlement - as it can be seen as aknowledging the debt.

The discounts mean they see propect of a court issuing a judgement in their favour as unlikely - and so are using data matching as a way of scaring/inconveniencing you to pay/deal with them.

Years ago I had a dispute I hoped to fix before I left the UK. It never happened, and so effecitively to the bank/dcs i had disappeared when i left. They sent letters to relatives addresses with my surname (my name is foreign and uncommon) and telephoned people who had been directors of companies where I had also been a director - some on mobiles, and the only way we figured they got it was from unrelated dealings with the same bank. These calls asked how to get in touch with me and the callers declined to identify themselves.

So be prepared for attempted harassment - but if you can ignore DCs they normally go away.