Credit file search!

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4451 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

As any debt is almost certainly likely to be statute barred, then they shouldnt really have any need to search your files.

Is it a search that can be seen by others ?

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

As any debt is almost certainly likely to be statute barred, then they shouldnt really have any need to search your files.

Is it a search that can be seen by others ?

Hi citizenB, How will i find out if it can be seen by others?

Regards

Hmm, now there is a question. I understand there should be a statement which says that "this search can only be seen by you"..

However, I will ask the more knowledgeable on the ST for you :)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

I have just looked and it show's up under previous searches, So i can see it?

Its also showing as a unclassified search at my current address but a outstanding debt search at an old address, and the debt they are apparently chasing is not showing on any of my reports on the credit ref agency web sites?????

Have flagged your thread for others to comment :)

BCOBS

Please note that enquiry footprints will have no effect on your credit file, as companies searching your file are not able to view details of previous enquiries.

Here you go.. I knew, I knew a guy who would know :lol:

Edited by citizenB

BCOBS

As CitB says there are two kinds of search, one that can be seen by you on your report and one that is a general search that uncle tom cobbley and all can see.

If you have no financial association with Cabot then they should not be searching your credit file Full stop!, if you have in the past had a connection but the account has defaulted and removed from your credit file then its a bit of a grey area as i see it.

They certainly cannot put a new marker or default on your credit file for that old SB debt, if they do a complaint to the company/CRA/ICO should be made instantly. SB debts disappear of your credit file but still exist, people cant be made to repay any sb debt through the courts but lenders are allowed to ask for monies. The OFT guide just states it would deem it an unfair practice to keep asking or harass the defaulter for the monies when they have indicated they will not pay.

S.

I should add to the above that I'm only talking about one search which they could possibly justify with saying they are ensuring you are in the same place/situation and then they could request repayment which of course you'll tell them to "do one"...

Any further searches would in my mind be an attempt to punish a defautler twice over and complaints should be made to the company/oft/ico as its a clear unfair practice.

If you are happy its SB then you could poke them by complaining to them/cra/ico in any event for the single search :lol:

S.

I should add to the above that I'm only talking about one search which they could possibly justify with saying they are ensuring you are in the same place/situation and then they could request repayment which of course you'll tell them to "do one"...

Any further searches would in my mind be an attempt to punish a defautler twice over and complaints should be made to the company/oft/ico as its a clear unfair practice.

If you are happy its SB then you could poke them by complaining to them/cra/ico in any event for the single search :lol:

S.

I did have a connection with them but the last payment was nearly 6 year ago (July/Aug 06) so its not quite SB yet is it?

Still nothing is showing on my file.........:???:

Was the debt already SB'd possibly?

It could be reported on one of the other CRA's possibly?

Or Cabot could have just forgotten to report it in which case if they do then you need to ensure the default date is correct.

S.

Was the debt already SB'd possibly?

It could be reported on one of the other CRA's possibly?

Or Cabot could have just forgotten to report it in which case if they do then you need to ensure the default date is correct.

S.

I have checked 2 out of the 3 CRA's and nothing showing, Also i have been hounded badly since roughly Nov with phonecalls from Crabot which i have ignored

How very odd, I thought I posted some information earlier ??

Just going to find it again ..

Yes, I had posted it on another thread.. !!

See post # 11 above..

BCOBS

Ok, well from how you've described it...

a) The defaulted debt fell off the credit file after 6 years from the date of default as it should

b) You had obviously made a payment after the default date which is when the SB date runs from

c) They cannot reinstate the debt on your credit file although you should be vigilant that they dont try

d) The search may have just been a prod to see if you do re-act

e) Once it reaches 6 years from the last payment they cannot take you to court, until then they can chase and could potentially issue proceedings

S.