CREDIT UNION-rep threats to young girl - they've phoned ex-fam/friends [ex-dir too] chasing £60 debt - disgusing!!

amberz
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4448 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

My friends daughter borrowed £90 from her local credit union.

When total owed was down to £60 she missed two payments.

A gentleman from credit union called her mobile phone to discuss this with her,

he told her he could come to her mums house to speak to her.

When she declined saying she wasnt at her mums, he became quite aggresive with her and asked where she was because he was coming to get her.

She hung the phone up and was visibly shaken by his tone.

She very stupidly didnt tell her mum, now explaining he hadnt called her again anyway.

Surely they cannot scare young girls like this, surely this isnt one tactic taught while training to work with the credit union?.

A week later though, a member of the credit union called all her relations i.e. aunts, uncles, grandmother, even her estranged father,

asking did this girls mum live at a certain address, did this girl stay with her mum.

I really dont think this can be the proper way to deal with things as this girls mum has been estranged from her ex for many years

and they have never attempted to call the mum to ask her these thing's.

One of the aunts an uncle do not even have the same surname,

their telephone number is ex-directory therfore we cannot begin to think how they would call their home at 9.20 on a Saturday night lol.

They would not say who they were when asked until finaly her father had another call today and asked had it been them making the phonecalls to the whole family

and they said yes they had but could not explain to him why they thought they had the right to do this.

Now the whole family this girl has had nothing to do with for years know all about this, which is pretty embarrassing for a 21yr old girl.

Is this common practise?

Or is there anything she can do about this and also is there anything she can do about this threatning phonecall from the gentleman?

Thanks in advance Amberz

this is disgusting!!!

i didn't think the credit union operated this way

threat title changed to alert attention

pers i'd contact the OFT/TS/ICO tomorrow as a matter of urgency and COMPLAIN.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Hi

I would also make an Formal Complaint in writing to the Head of the Credit Union (send recorded delivery always keep a paper trail)

I must admit i never thought the Credit Union would stoop so low shocking.

How to Upload Documents/Images on CAG - **INSTRUCTIONS CLICK HERE**

FORUM RULES - Please ensure to read these before posting **FORUM RULES CLICK HERE**

I cannot give any advice by PM - If you provide a link to your Thread then I will be happy to offer advice there.

I advise to the best of my ability, but I am not a qualified professional, benefits lawyer nor Welfare Rights Adviser.

Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

She's not a 'girl'. She's a 21 year old woman. Which makes the Credit Union's behaviour in speaking to her family about personal business matters even more shocking. It sounds like they've treated her like a silly child who can't deal with her own financial matters, instead of an adult. Definitely complain, as soon as you can, to the OFT and to ABCUL http://www.abcul.org/home