Invitation to office interview from customer compliance support

Emily44
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4260 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, im just a little confused with a letter i have received today from jobcentre plus.

Its inviting me to an office interview, to discuss the benefit they are currently paying me. they need to ensure that my payments are correct and its essential i attend the interview to discuss this matter.

This was fine untill i read the next part and now im scared!

it reads: you should note that where there is doubt about wether the conditions for entitlement are met we can suspend payment of your benefit.

Is this letter threatening me?

I also have to take proof of id.

Does anyone understand this letter please as i have a week to wait for my interview and im worried.

Thank you in advance.

I am claiming income support, child tax credits and housing benefit.

the letter is an invitation to an interview with compliance, in the letter they are saying you need to attend, if you dont then your claim may be suspended as condition of entitlement may be in doubt, something may have been flagged up could be something or nothing dont worry...

What grounds are you claiming I.S and have you had a change of circumstance that you know off and not told them

Hi, thank you for your replie

No there is nothing that they dont know but i have recently moved house could that be it? they do know about this as i have told them.

Im a single mum of 3 kids which is why im in receipt of these benefits.

• 7 months later...

I have had the same letter and my interview is tomorrow iv not slept since I got it they want i.d as well have I done something or what I'm a single parent I claim income support and I have also declared working in my little girls schools volunteering I dont get paid and I can prove that and I'm worrying for nothing I have been claiming for 6 months this week could it be my 6 months check up??

afaik, compliance requests can be quite arbitrary and random. As well as an opportunity to run through your claim, it is also an opportunity to ensure you're not missing out on anything. If you have queries and questions about your entitlement, then I suspect this interview is as good a place as any to ask them. It can be a two way process. NOT to be confused with an interview under caution!