How Many People Can Share A Broadband Signal? According to oftel?

roony
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4489 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

To be honest, as many as you like really. Just checked a few t&c's for Bb suppliers and i can't see anything on them for how many people can use it under 1 roof.

I pay for mine and expect to have as many people as i like to use it at any one time. At the end of the day i can use my full 20 meg on my own by downloading updates for programs or a program i buy of the net or i can have 50 people all using it and just surfing the net.

As many as you want, as long as they have your permission and they are on your property. Outside these rules, you'd likely be classed as a 're-seller'.

It doesn't matter if you have 10 personal pc's/laptops, or have 10 friends who visit, who each bring their own. Just don't try sharing it with the whole street, remember that you would be held liable for anything dodgy uploaded/downloaded using the connection that you pay for.

It's hardware and the firmware it's running dependant but your bog standard ADSL device will be configured/limited as bellow;

A single simple subnet mask of 256 IP addresses.

So for example the subnet mask 255.255.255.0 has an addresses range from XXX.XXX.XXX.000 - XXX.XXX.XXX.255.

.000 & .255 are special reserved addresses and you usually lose one to the device on most adsl stuff that would be .001

So the max would be 253 simultaneous connections.

If you want to ruin your day look up Subnetting & Subnet Masks :!: