EGG default expired-Now Barclaycard change date.**resolved**

jon888999
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4466 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi,

I've gone a longway to avoid a CCJ from another DCA, as I wanted a cleaner credit file as all my defaults are gradually dissappearing.

Just checked again today to find 2 Egg defaults have disappeared as they are over 6 years old. however Barclaycard have now shown them as defaulted 0n the 29th of November 2011! These are 2 egg credit cards disputed due to charges and PPI and Egg basicly gave up trying to collect.

I have copies of the original egg entries which show the same amounts and opening dates but the default dates have changed.

How do I challenge these? I emailed the ICO immediately with a complaint but what else can I do.

My credit file would be clear in July if it wasn't for these 2 egg/barclaycard

dates.

Help please

Thanks

Jon

Hi

Just for clarity. These debts were defaulted previously. They are no longer showing on your credit file. Two new defaults have been filed for the same debts but different dates.

Yes?

If you are asked to deal with any matter via private message, PLEASE report it.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

Please help CAG. Order this ebook. Now available on Amazon. Please click HERE

Hi

Just for clarity. These debts were defaulted previously. They are no longer showing on your credit file. Two new defaults have been filed for the same debts but different dates.

Yes?

Yes old ones not showing, new ones showing with new date name changed to barclaycard all other details the same.

One default per debt ONLY.

Formal Complaint, Head the letter as such to Sharkleys (as they have re-placed the default) Also, write to all 3 credit reference agencies disputing the defaults and adding a Notice of Correction against each entry. This can be up to 200 words long.

this could be quick or it could be painfully slow. I think it just depends on the mood of the person at sharkleys.

Everything I say is opinion only. If you are unsure on any comment made, you should see a qualified solicitor

One default per debt ONLY.

Formal Complaint, Head the letter as such to Sharkleys (as they have re-placed the default) Also, write to all 3 credit reference agencies disputing the defaults and adding a Notice of Correction against each entry. This can be up to 200 words long.

this could be quick or it could be painfully slow. I think it just depends on the mood of the person at sharkleys.

Thanks silverfox1961, that's what I thought. Can you give me some pointers on the letter please.

Thanks, Complaints gone to Barclaycard copied to the ICO. Also complained to the CRA'S informing them they've got false information displayed.

Sent them all copies of the old EGG entries and Copies of the the false Barclaycard entries.

When I discovered the false information the first thing I did was emailed the ICO, so they had a complaint before even Barclaycard.

In my Anger when I found this incorrect information I emailed the FOS as well, they've asked me for more details including the address I was at when I opened the accounts. So may be they've got a shortfall on there budget to make up and could do with some referral fees! Is it still £500.00? They certainly seem to have replied quickly!

I've had the following resonse from Experian.

YOUR QUERY:

- Defaults recorded by Barclaycard

WHAT I AM DOING FOR YOU:

I am contacting the company concerned for you. This is because I can not amend the information without their consent.

I am adding our standard dispute statement to this information.

"THE CONSUMER HAS DISPUTED THE ACCURACY OF THIS ENTRY AND WE HAVE THEREFORE ASKED THE PROVIDER TO INVESTIGATE IT. GIVEN THAT THIS DATA IS DISPUTED, PLEASE TAKE CARE IF MAKING AN ASSESSMENT OF ANY KIND THAT MAY INCLUDE THIS DATA."

This statement will show within the next seven days.

I will let you know what they say as soon as they reply.

Kind regards

Mark Bennett

Customer Service Executive

And from Barclays.

Good Morning Mr ,

I write further to your email addressed to Bob Diamond Group Chief Executive, dated 21 January 2012.

Your complaint has been passed to the Directors Office , so that we may investigate and respond directly to you and address the issues you have raised.

Your comments are important to us and we will contact you further as soon as we have an update or response.

In the meantime should you need to speak with us, please call 01452 823557 between the hours of 9:00am until 5:00pm.

Kind Regards

Gemma Anderton

Gemma Anderton I Senior Customer Relationship Manager

Directors Office I Barclaycard I Pillar 1B2

Massey Road I Stockton on Tees I TS17 6EX

United Kingdom I Mail van 42

Telephone +44 (0) 1452 823557

http://www.barclaycard.co.uk

COMPANY CONFIDENTIAL

It's a start I suppose. Standard response from Experian and it looks like a template letter from Sharkleys

Early days, i'm expecting it to take a while, I'm not too worried how long it takes as I don't want to borrow any money. But i've had some silly insurance quotes over the years and when I queried them it was due to my credit file. So it's the knock on effects i'm trying to avoid.

Still my file won't be clear until July so it's not going to have any effect until then.

Hi, It appears to be almost too easy but i've got a £50.00 cheque from Barclays as Compensation and an apology for adding these incorrect defaults to my file and an assurance that they have now been removed! I wonder how many others they've done this to.

I won't know until next month as I can't get another report from annual credit report until then!

Hi, It appears to be almost too easy but i've got a £50.00 cheque from Barclays as Compensation and an apology for adding these incorrect defaults to my file and an assurance that they have now been removed! I wonder how many others they've done this to.

I won't know until next month as I can't get another report from annual credit report until then!

:!::!:

The question is should I bank the cheque or sent it back and tell them it's an insult and I won'y accept less the ????£.

Whichever way a donation will be made to CAG.

It really depends if you have suffered because of the defaults. Have you had credit refused or offered at a higher rate. If so, you could go back and refuse their 'gesture' Otherwise, I would bank the cheque (before it bounces)

• 3 weeks later...

Great stuff. Just wish all the others were as easy as this one.

I shall mark the thread resolved but if anything changes in the futurem we can always start again

might be an idea to put this in the bc sucesses

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Just got my monthly report from Annual Credit Report and they really have gone!

Funnily last month my Credit score on there was 489 now it is 444! So it's gone down!

So in August when all the black marks have gone what do I really need to do to improve my file.

I have good accounts on there 2 for insurance, 1 Mortgage, 1 mobile phone and 2 Current accounts all with no late payments or bad data on them.

What else do I need to do over the next few years to improve this.

I don't want loads of credit again, but it would like to be able to get a new Mortgage etc in a few years time and possibly get a newer car at some point.

you are on voters?

i wouldn't pay too much attention to the 'score'

its not what creditors use

dx

and they

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

ok thats the main things that will kill it off any ccj's paid or otherwise

dx

and they