Dont know where to start

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4493 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Im so glad Ive found this place.

My husband was made redundant last year and ever since we have been strugglign to pay our credit cards and a secured loan with welcome finance. husband is working again now but on less money which means we dont have a lot of spare money to offer. some of the debts are now with debt companies who phone all the time. lowell are the worst, they are such a pain.

We have paid these credit cards without fail for many years, I wish they would be a bit more understanding!

Hi swin

Welcome to CAG

Have you been Mis-sold PPI on any of the Credit Cards/Loan, if so you can claim this back over 6 years plus with interest. Have you had any Penalty Charges applied to the account, again these can be claimed back over 6 years plus. Have a read of 1,2,3,7 and 8 in my signature.

Thread moved to correct forum.

The secured loan obviously takes priority over the other debts as do all other 'priority' payments. Never try to pay out more than you can afford -it is not sustainable.Work out your 'disposable income' that you can comfortably afford. There is some good advice on these forums on setting up repayment plans either to cover all debts or try and clear some of the smaller ones. NEVER consider a private 'debt management' company, if you cannot sort this yourself contact CCCS or one of the free advice services. NEVER agree to pay by Direct debit

NEVER speak to a DCA on the phone - tell them in 'writing only' and hang up. Get a 'Truecall' system or change your phone numbers. There are some useful letters in the library, here is one.

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/content.php?493-Harassment-by-telephone-response-letter

These people have no right to bully you.

Check each account as DX has suggested and reclaim any PPI

Please start a thread for each debt that is a problem and give us more details

Please support CAG and they will support you.

donate

If you are experiencing difficulty in repaying your debts, CASHflow is a way for you to negotiate affordable repayments with your creditors. Before you can use CASHflow, you must have spoken to one of the free advice agencies licensed to offer CASHflow to their clients. The advice agency will start by talking to you about all of the options available, and can help you to decide if CASHflow is the right one for you.

If you decide to use CASHflow, you will be provided with all of the tools you need to be able to complete your own financial statement and negotiate offers of repayment with creditors yourself. This will enable you to stay in control of your situation, but still have support from an adviser at any stage if you need it.

You can contact a local advice agency to check if they offer CASHflow. You can find a list of free advice agencies that are near to you by searching for a money adviser in England or Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland.

Alternatively, you can call National Debtline on 0808 808 4000

CASHflow: http://www.cashflow.uk.net/

National Debtline: http://www.nationaldebtline.co.uk/

https://www.mymoneysteps.org/

The above has recently been brought to my attention and could prove very useful. Especially now the OFT guidance specifically states it's an Unfair practicelink3.gif to ignore a cashflow budget!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you so much! the cashflow thing looks quite interesting anything to get these people from stopping the calls. I've read lots about welcome being a bit of a pain, I know that one is more important as my house can be at risk. I have so much reading to do! Will call National Debtline in the morning. Thank you so far!

if you want to stop the calls just send them a letter saying you will only deal with them in writing, if they do phone dont answer verificatiion questions, say in writing please and simply hang up. its not a good idea to speak to them on the phone anyway and best to have it all in wiritng (keep all letters they send you). if they still call after you have asked them not to record date/time and make a complaint as its harrassment. it is a priority debt tho so do arrange to make payments at an affordable sustainable rate.