charged twice!

jellybaby73
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4486 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I ordered a Panasonic Plasma TV online very late at night and had a confirmation email to confirm this. The next morning 22nd December I went to do some Christmas shopping only to find I had no money left in my bank. After querying this with my bank it seems currys had taken payments for 2 TV's totalling £900! I rang customer services first thing to explain this and was assured by Natasha at customer services that one had been cancelled and the money would not be debited as it would just 'fall off' now the order had been cancelled. I went again to check my bank the next day 23rd December and still no refund, then again on the 24th - Christmas Eve... still no refund.

After Christmas I checked again but assumed it may be taking a little longer due to the bank holidays etc so decided to leave it a few more days. Now into the New Year I was back at work so checked again on 6th January 2012 - I again rang customer services just to confirm the money had been refunded and to my horror was told by Joanne that it still hadn't been refunded. I was told that they would do a 'manual refund' that day. I wonder if I hadn't rang then how much longer would it have taken? I was also informed that it would take 3-5 working days before the money would be back in my bank.As it was Friday that meant I wouldn't be able to draw on it until at least the following Wednesday. Still leaving me without my own money that they shouldn't have taken in the first place.

I have wrote to customer services a week ago and still a week later not even had a reply.

I've just wrote to the CEO but won't be holding my breath.

I think its awful they should be allowed to do this. Their policy states refunds within 7 days.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...