style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4500 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

BEWARE the anti-aging store offering free samples of their anti aging cream.

All you pay is the shipping cost which is not much.

The items did arrive as stated,

however, and here's the big issue.....

..the following month,

I had £79.95 taken out of my account,

and even though I reported this to my useless bank (BARCLAYS) they have managed to take another £85 from my bank account.

Is there no protection for things like this happening?

Also, please boycott BARCLAYS as they must be the worst bank to deal with fraudulent activities.

Other banks would re-inburse the money to you,

but oh no...not Barclays,

they keep you waiting 4-6 weeks and still allow the same retailer to continue embessling money out of your account.

The only way I can not stoip all this is to close my bank account. Pretty drastic but neccessary! :mad2:

No. You don't need to close your account. Barclays are obliged by law to refund you immediately and carry out their investigation later unless they have evidence that that you are involved in a fraud or that you have been negligent with your card and pin details.

Read this - http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/announcement.php?f=84&a=228 the linked articles and the FSA guide which is linked from one of them

You can sue Barclays for the breach of their duties and get compensation - even if they have already refunded you

Have moved your thread to a more suitable forum.

Some of these "deals" for anti aging and weight loss carry some kind of clause, whereby if you havent cancelled their offer within a certain time, you will be charged the full month.

I got caught out on a slimming programme !!

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

as advised USE CHARGEBACK

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

keep going up the chain till its done

thus must by law refund THEN investigate.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

as advised USE CHARGEBACK

http://whatconsumer.co.uk/visa-debit-chargeback/

DO NOT TAKE NO FOR AN ANSWER

keep going up the chain till its done

thus must by law refund THEN investigate.

dx

Please note that the Which advice was written in 2008 - before BCOBS and the Payment Services Regs. Their advice referring to fraud is no longer applicable. You should now look to BCOBS and the PSRs - whcih are very much more powerful.

However don't expect the banks to act lawfully without being forced to.

Thats what I thought, but they have not refunded. They told me they would take 5 day but it could be as long as 4 weeks as they need to check with the company I purchased from. With the anti aging store I used my Debit card to pay for the shipping. So far they have taken approx £165.00. I am also being ripped off by Ziinga.com who very cleverly led me to believe I had bid successfully on a sensor coffee machine for £13 but they have taken 2 lots of £59.99 in as many months and I cant seem to stop them even though again I had reported it to my bank well before they took the 2nd payment.

To add insult to injury, I did pay for the sensor machine at the time I won the bid (which I understood to be free bids) with my debit card. Its now 7 or 8 weeks later and I still have no sensor coffee machine and when I questioned it with Ziinga they saif=d I needed to confirm my payment, by sending them a scan of my credit card (both sides), drivers licence or passport and a utility bill. Now that is very strange to ask for that information after one has paid online. Of course I declined to do that and they said the only way I would get the machine was to give them that info. All in all it is a big [problem] and they steal money from me.

With respect to Ziinga, if you suspect a fraud then you can report it HERE

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

BCOBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thank you, but which Forum should I have used?

You posted in the Welcome forums.. where people would normally say Hi..

I have moved you to General Retail because of the Company.. however, if you are going to move forward on your Bank.. then it might just be worth moving you again into the Bank subforum. I will wait and see what you advise.

:)

BCOBS