Sarah V Barclays

sarah13
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 5993 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

hi everyone,

Just been settled by HSBC so have decided to get back all the money barclays took from me. The account must have been closed 3 years ago but i still remember the account number so i'm on my way. The sar is ready to go first thing tomorrow. Watch this space and watch out barclays here i come!

I've beat HSBC, GE Money and Abbey

Court pending V Barclays and Time Retail

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

thanks for relpying bookworm. i'm not expecting fast time scales from barclays as i know what they are like! good luck with your case- not long till your hearing.x

received letter from peter townesend, suspect a standard one entitled Data Protection Act (very boring, mentions stuff like microfiche blar blar blar!) i am going to ignore this and stick to my timetable. on 31st OCtober 40 days up

am impressed- have just inputted figures from statements and it looks quite good. 2 questions- i have some charges going bck to 1998- can i claim for these? also anyone know what 'paid referal' means on statements i have 2 of thse @ £20 each and i dont know what they are? any help gratefully received

am impressed- have just inputted figures from statements and it looks quite good. 2 questions- i have some charges going bck to 1998- can i claim for these? also anyone know what 'paid referal' means on statements i have 2 of thse @ £20 each and i dont know what they are? any help gratefully received

any help

any help

Hi paid referal means they have asked the manager about the charge and you can claim this back. As for going back to 1998 i am currently starting this action against rbs from 1991 i will be starting a thread tomorrow. there are already a few threads regarding this check these out.:D

• Confused 1

thanks for you quick reply- great news will add this to my claim. Although i have other claims undergo and have been settled by hsbc, this is my first claim without outstanding debt- so it alot more exciting! Thanks agin.

my abbey accounts was 9.9% and my hsbc was 14.8% - does anyone know what percentage i was charged for this barclays additions account. have looked at barclays site but as usual the important info isn't there. does anyone have a rough idea?

my abbey accounts was 9.9% and my hsbc was 14.8% - does anyone know what percentage i was charged for this barclays additions account. have looked at barclays site but as usual the important info isn't there. does anyone have a rough idea?

hi check out bank fodders thread regarding contractual interest.:D

after lots of looking, asking questions and phone calls, i have just foubnd out that the barclays additions account is at 9.9% and has always been. sorted. will print the schedule and send today. watch this space.

recieved letter dated 12th oct acknowledging my prelim request, explaining that whilst they will try they cannot guarentee a response within my timescale. tues 24th next letter to go

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Sarah,

Just been reading your thread and wandered if you could help?

I have just filed my MCOL against Nationwide and am now on i roll to hit anyone that has charged me. Banking with Barclays for years til they closed all my accounts due to going heavly overdawn (whilst i was off work with broken leg, how kind) are next on my hit list. I have two questions for you 1. Is the address for Barclays, 1 Churchill Place, London only got a few which did you use and 2. I had a loan with Barclays do you know if that would be covered by the same S.A.R letter or are they seperate?

Would be very grateful for you or anyone out there to help, still new to this but beleive me reading and learning every day. What a great site !!!!

Regards Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S.A.R - Sent - 25/10/2006

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

hi mark,

1. i have used the churchill place address all the way through.

2. as long as you list the account numbers for both bank account and loan on the sar, it can be on the same letter and you only need pay £10 and it will cover both accounts.

Hope that helps- and good luck!

ps sorry it took so long to reply

Hi again Sarah,

Thank you so much for clearing that up, i will be sending them my S.A.R this afternoon. I always knew they was i reason for keeping old loan agreements and bank statements. When i get my charges back there will be a burning session in the bank garden, saying goodbye to Barclays Forever lol

Thanks again you are a star,

Regards Mark

NATIONWIDE:

WON - 26/10/06

FULL REFUND - WITHIN 7 DAYS OF MCOL

Acknowledged - 25/10/06

MCOL Issued - 24/10/06

MCOL Sent - 23/10/06

LBA sent 01/09/06

Prelim Sent - 07/08/06

BARCLAYS BANK:

AQ sent 25/1/07

Defended on last day possible.

MCOL - Issued 13/12/06

MCOL- Sent 12/12/06

S/Ment rec - 4/11/06

Prelim sent - 6/11/06

BARCLAYS LOAN:

BLACK HORSE:

SETTLED IN FULL

CCA to get loan agreement info - Sent - 25/10/06

Prelim sent PPI + Charges 11/11/06

CAPITAL ONE

Prem sent 11/12/06

S/Ments Rec - 5/12/06

S.A.R - (Subject Access Request) - Sent - 9/11/06

Hi again Sarah,

Thank you so much for clearing that up, i will be sending them my S.A.R this afternoon. I always knew they was i reason for keeping old loan agreements and bank statements. When i get my charges back there will be a burning session in the bank garden, saying goodbye to Barclays Forever lol

Thanks again you are a star,

Regards Mark

no problem. I have bought a shredder so i can do the same!!! Good luck.

• 2 weeks later...

received letter today-- standard blar blar blar ....sorry to hear that i think the charges incurred are unfair, barclays is aware of the information i have brought to their attention, however they disagree with my view and are unwilling to refund charges. blar blar blar again! They are starting to bore me- will file N1 as soon i can get to court.

Just to confirm (from my understanding) the SAR is a request for all details pertaining to you (the subject) not to the account, so yes, one request, one £10 and all the gen they've got comes your way.

The S of SAR is the important thing to bear in mind.

Sorry Sarah for jumping in on your thread. By my reckoning you should be about to go through MCOL yes? (me too, on Thursday of this week).

Vince

"Well, as through this world I've rambled

I've seen lots of funny men.

Some will rob you with a six-gun

And some with a fountain pen."

Pretty Boy Floyd, Woody Guthrie 1940

"Some things never change", Vince 2006

All advice given is based on my reading of others' experiences on this site. I am not a lawyer, nor am I a beagle, a grapefruit or a trampoline. I will not be filed, sorted, classified or parboiled. I am not a number, I am not an animal, I am the walrus (goob goob a joob)