Need help (Old-CodJA) Urgent plz

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4523 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello Dear,

I recieved the court summons last month and kept avoiding to think about that because it was so mind crushing trying to think about that. In fact whenever i think about replying to the court and pleading guilty my mind stops working. I was caught using freedom pass of my cousin on 17th may this year and the other details are same as everbody told in other threads. This is genuinly my first offence i was on student visa and last week got post study work visa. Could you please tell me how to write a letter to judge about pleading guilty what to write and what not to write please tell me please please please reply plz

you dont write to the judge

try the prosecutions team of rail co first

You may wish to write to the prosecution office with an apology and ask if you may be allowed to pay the outstanding fare and all the reasonable costs incurred by the company in order to preserve your good name by resolving this without court action. The Rail Company is not obliged to agree, but if they do it does remove the likelihood of a conviction and court record.

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Dear Dx

i have already wrote to london underground which probably was't taken to account thats why i got court summons after that letter now could you please help me writing the letter to judge in which i have to plead guilty? plz somebody help plz

Have sent private message to OC

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

WHAT IS OC?:s

Who.. is OC.. = Old CodJA

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Im afraid you will need to answer the summons, london underground very rarely deal with these cases out of court.

The fact that you have already contacted them & they have gone to a summons means they intend to see you prosecuted.

The cheapest option for you is to attend court.

Sorry folks, have been tied up with lengthy Courts days and other 'distractions'.

Will reply to PMs shortly.

It is never too late to find the right words to seek a settlement before the hearing. Sometimes, it might be possible to do this on the day of hearing, but it is always best to try as early as possible after you receive the first letter.

SRPO is right in that it seems London Underground are intending to proceed to prosecution, but that does not necessarily mean all is lost.

You don't say what date the hearing is and you don't need to, but if you have a few days to go I would write a letter along the following lines:

'I recognise that using my cousin's pass was wrong, but I am very sorry for all the inconvenience I have caused and wish to apologise to the staff concerned and to the rail company.

I have never been in any trouble before and am hoping to complete my studies with a clean record. I am very worried that a conviction for a first offence will have a very detrimental effect on my future likelihood of employment. I am asking you to allow me to pay any fares and your full and reasonable costs that have been incurred by my silliness in order to settle this matter without Court action'.

I can assure you that I shall never travel without a valid ticket of my own again

Send a letter by recorded delivery to that effect to the prosecutors' office and copy it to the Court Legal Advisor.

Make sure that you show 'cc to Magistrates Court' on the bottom of your letter to the prosecutor.

They are not obliged to accept it, but you may find that you get a chance to settle this matter. Do not rely on it and make sure that you write straight away and do not forget to sign your letter.

Edited by Old-CodJA

Thank you kindly, SRPO. I hope they know what they're doing :):madgrin:.

My best, HB

Oc i have already sent a letter to london underground saying sorry and requesting them not to take me to the court and after 2 months sending them that letter i received summons from court. now i need to send the mitigation letter to the court along with the form i received with the summons having the option to plead guilty. plz tell me something like above to write in that mitigation letter to the court plz bro

Oc i have already sent a letter to london underground saying sorry and requesting them not to take me to the court and after 2 months sending them that letter i received summons from court. now i need to send the mitigation letter to the court along with the form i received with the summons having the option to plead guilty. plz tell me something like above to write in that mitigation letter to the court plz bro

its been a month almost that i have received that summons and i the date of my hearing is 4th of January next year and i have to send the letter before Christmas vacations plz reply me soon so that i could send that letter tomorrow plz help

its been a month almost that i have received that summons and i the date of my hearing is 4th of January next year and i have to send the letter before Christmas vacations plz reply me soon so that i could send that letter tomorrow plz help

Hello again.

What about the wording OC suggested in post #13 I think it was?

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Brother that wording he sent me regarding sending a letter to london underground regarding the out of court settlement but i have already sent that letter to london under ground. The letter about which i need help is the one i have to write to the court regarding my guilty plead. Can anybody help me plz

Brother :???:.

I don't think many of us here have the experience to suggest a wording, certainly I don't. I imagine you want to plead guilty but show mitigation, would that be right? Hopefully someone will be able to come to your rescue, can't guarantee when though.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum