Private Parking Ticket in FREE Carpark??

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4485 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello,

I was just wondering if anyone could advise me as to how i should go about my ticket. I parked in a free car park that required a ticket. The machine was broken on the upper level and the other one was being fixed on the other side. I returned back to my car to find i had a parking ticket. In my anger i then emailed the private company "Britannia Parking" and contested the ticket and also made them aware the machine wasnt working. As i have contested i have then made them aware that it was me who was driving, if i ignore the ticket will i get into trouble as they can prove it was me who was driving, or does it still apply that i should ignore and noting will come of it?? HELP PLEASE!!!

Thanks for you reply :)

So even if they have all my details and proof that it was me that was driving they cant make me pay the fine? i just dont want to ignore and then end up in court with a massive debt to pay off for a FREE parking space just because i didnt have a ticket :(

No, they can't make you pay it. No private company has the power to invent their own fines and start dishing them out - only the police or courts, or a local council can issue fines.

Hence, even with your details, they cannot make you pay.

There's not much point contesting anything. A better policy is to let them send their scary letters and ignore each and every one. Let them waste their time, but not yours.

Be warned - the letters can be very scary. Some have CAPITAL LETTERS and some will have red ink!!! Some will mention terrible things which COULD happen IF etc etc...

Now you know the game, you can ignore in peace.

• 1 month later...