• Tweets

• Items for sale include five rare Ferraris and a pair of Air Jordan sneakers signed by Michael Jordan.View the full article
    • TECHZONE BUXTON LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK FIND-AND-UPDATE.COMPANY-INFORMATION.SERVICE.GOV.UK TECHZONE BUXTON LTD - Free company information from Companies House including registered office address, filing history, accounts, annual... thread title updated. dx
    • next time dont upload 19 single page pdfs use the sites listed on upload to merge them into one multipage pdf.. we aint got all day to download load single page files 2024-01-15 DBCLegal SAR.pdf
    • If you have not kept the original PCN you can always send an SAR to Excel and they have to send you all the info they have on you within a month. failure to do so can lead to you being able to sue them for their failure.......................................nice irony.
    • Thank you and well done  for posting up all those notices it must have have taken you ages.. The entrance sign is very helpful since the headline states                    FREE PARKING FOR CUSTOMERS ONLY in capitals with not time limit mentioned. Underneath and not in capitals they then give the actual times of parking which would not be possible to read when driving into the car park unless you actually stopped and read them. Very unlikely especially arriving at 5.30 pm with possibly other cars behind. On top of that the Notice goes on to say that the terms and conditions are inside the car park so the entrance sign cannot offer a contract it is merely an offer to treat. Inside the car park the signs are mostly too high up and the font size too small to be able to read much of their signs. DCBL have not shown a single sign that can be read on their SAR. Although as they show photographs which were taken the year after your alleged breach we do not know what the signs were when you were there. For instance the new signs showed the charge was then £100 whereas your PCN was for £85. Who knows, when you were there perhaps the time was for 3 hours. They were asked to produce  planning permission which would have been necessary for the ANPR cameras alone and didn't do so. Nor did they provide a copy of the contract-DCBL  "deeming them disproportionate or not relevant to the substantive issues in the dispute" How arrogant and untruthful is that? The contract and planning permission could be vital to having the claim thrown out. I can find no trace of planning permission for the signs nor the cameras on Tonbridge Council planning portal. and the contract of course is highly relevant since some contracts advise the parking rouges that they cannot take motorists to Court. I understand that Europarks are now running that car park which means that nexus didn't  last long before being thrown out.....................................
  • Recommended Topics

• Our picks

• If you are buying a used car – you need to read this survival guide.
      • 1 reply
    • Hello,

On 15/1/24 booked appointment with Big Motoring World (BMW) to view a mini on 17/1/24 at 8pm at their Enfield dealership.  

Car was dirty and test drive was two circuits of roundabout on entry to the showroom.  Was p/x my car and rushed by sales exec and a manager into buying the mini and a 3yr warranty that night, sale all wrapped up by 10pm.  They strongly advised me taking warranty out on car that age (2017) and confirmed it was honoured at over 500 UK registered garages.

The next day, 18/1/24 noticed amber engine warning light on dashboard , immediately phoned BMW aftercare team to ask for it to be investigated asap at nearest garage to me. After 15 mins on hold was told only their 5 service centres across the UK can deal with car issues with earliest date for inspection in March ! Said I’m not happy with that given what sales team advised or driving car. Told an amber warning light only advisory so to drive with caution and call back when light goes red.

I’m not happy to do this, drive the car or with the after care experience (a sign of further stresses to come) so want a refund and to return the car asap.

Please can you advise what I need to do today to get this done. 

Many thanks 
      • 81 replies
    • Housing Association property flooding. https://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/topic/438641-housing-association-property-flooding/&do=findComment&comment=5124299
      • 161 replies
    • We have finally managed to obtain the transcript of this case.

The judge's reasoning is very useful and will certainly be helpful in any other cases relating to third-party rights where the customer has contracted with the courier company by using a broker.
      This is generally speaking the problem with using PackLink who are domiciled in Spain and very conveniently out of reach of the British justice system.

Frankly I don't think that is any accident.

One of the points that the judge made was that the customers contract with the broker specifically refers to the courier – and it is clear that the courier knows that they are acting for a third party. There is no need to name the third party. They just have to be recognisably part of a class of person – such as a sender or a recipient of the parcel.

Please note that a recent case against UPS failed on exactly the same issue with the judge held that the Contracts (Rights of Third Parties) Act 1999 did not apply.

We will be getting that transcript very soon. We will look at it and we will understand how the judge made such catastrophic mistakes. It was a very poor judgement.
      We will be recommending that people do include this adverse judgement in their bundle so that when they go to county court the judge will see both sides and see the arguments against this adverse judgement.
      Also, we will be to demonstrate to the judge that we are fair-minded and that we don't mind bringing everything to the attention of the judge even if it is against our own interests.
      This is good ethical practice.

It would be very nice if the parcel delivery companies – including EVRi – practised this kind of thing as well.

OT APPROVED, 365MC637, FAROOQ, EVRi, 12.07.23 (BRENT) - J v4.pdf
  • Recommended Topics

DWP Interview Under Caution

sinkinghelp
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 3773 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

You stick to your guns and plead not guilty.

I seriously don't believe in pleading guilty.

It's not what they know it's what they can prove.

They make up scenarios that are just not true.

And as for getting a reduced sentence i don't believe that either.

Better to be found guilty than to admit guilt.

• Replies 520
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hello sallypotter

Thanks for taking the time to read and respond. Its very true what you say. I have no intention of pleading guilty as I am not. If I had to declare I would have. I would hardly tell HMRC the Court and others and not the dwp or council.

As has been said it would have stupid of me to tell such important companies and not others as with all sharing information that goes off

Oh well back to waiting

thanks for the response

kind regards

sinkinghelp

thanks again

its the way they tell you that you are lying through your teeth and the way the calls are handled does not help because as soon as anything goes astray you have to prove NOT them

100,000 errors the dwp admitted last year and that is the ones they admit to

Its disgraceful really

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Hello sallypotter

Its the way the law has been introduced for the benefit of the DWP. The fact if you went into a Police station for an interview under caution you would be supplied with a solicitor. Not with DWP. They make great reference to the police and the way they follow the PACE guidlines like the Police. They kept mentioning police to me and its all designed I am sure for maximum upset. Then the local council ignored all my letters for 5 months until I registered a complaint with Ombudsman and then the council must have cut down a small rain forest the amount of letters I got and still get plus veiled threats all the time

My case has been rolling on since November 2011. I was interviewed under caution 22nd of December or was it the 24th I cant remember now.

Because I have worked for the past 30 plus years got a small ill health pension I am worse off than if I had never worked

Oh well

thanks again

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Don't get me started on the police!

Another lot of bullies that miss the obvious and make up stories that are ill founded.

Glad you mentioned the Ombudsman though.

I must remember that because i have had over 3 years' of dealings with an inept Council regarding council tax that to this day has never been resolved!!

Next time i get a Council Tax bill from them that is where i shall complain.

All the best,

Sal

Hello Sal

Thanks again. The Ombudsman has to give the council a set period of time to reply and sort the matter but on the 6th of June that expired and the Ombudsman has now passed my complaint to another department for investigation

I did find some of the Ombudsman letter's a bit daunting and could worry some folk but the threat of sending copies of my letters to the head of the council does not worry me in the slightest

thanks

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Hi,

It wouldn't bother me either.

I've had the Head's of various department's on my case, the Mayor's secretary, the lot.

The best was the Mayor's secretary who couldn't understand what the others were playing at.

They even had a copy of the title deeds to the property but they totally ignored that.

I believe they make up the rules depending on who the person is.

Jokers really.

Sal

Hi there, There are time limits on dwp and council prosecutions. These time limits are based on the European Court of Human Rights ruling that undue delay in prosecution might cause distress unfairly. Our courts must have regard to the ECHR ruling and so the Social Security ACT 1992 s112/s116 says that prosecutions under that act can be brought within 3 months of when the evidence comes to light or within 12 months from the committing of the offence. Bear in mind that in a case of mis-declaration on the original claim form then that is the date of offence but with failure to report a change of circumstances the offence is a continuing offence until the overpayment ceases.

Important too, in calculating the amount of overpayment (and this is where 67% of DWP/council overpayment calculations are incorrect, in being too high) that where the dwp is claiming repayment then if that benefit had not been paid at the time then your own capital and income would be reduced accordingly as you would have used your own money instead. This has a diminishing or reducing effect on the overpayment amount.

If in your case they had their evidence in December then clearly they are out of time on the 3 month rule but having not read through all of the thread I don't know when you might be considered to have last committed an "offence" under the 12 month rule.

It is not impossible for the DWP to attempt prosecution outside of the 3 month/12 month but judges are alive to the ECHR ruling and should uphold it. The judge can rule that DWP evidence is out of time and inadmissible if prosecution is unduly delayed.

The DWP/Council officers are not the decision makers on prosecution. The decision is made to prosecute or not, by lawyers. The case must have a better than average chance of successful prosecution. The case must be in the public interest. They must prove beyond reasonable doubt that there was dishonesty (intent). The out of time factor would be a consideration in whether or not to prosecute because a judge would not take kindly to the undue stress caused. Don't forget you are innocent until proven otherwise. The DWP wins most cases because they take on only the more likely successes. The statistics show fewer prosecutions but higher success rate. Don't forget, they too are answerable to the government and the taxpayer. Prosecutions are expensive whether successful or not. So they just go for the most likely winners and the figures impress everyone.

I am not an expert but I certainly would not just accept whatever they say. Everyone is entitled to be treated fairly, at least in this country. So bear in mind that in situations like yours we hope that nothing happens but we fear the worst but the truth is normally somewhere in between.

So try not to be too downhearted because there are things that can be done when you know what if anything their intentions are.

Keep us up to date.

regards

M.

Dear Marcander

WOW ! what a fantastic response. I have sat and read your reply several times. Thank you very much for taking the time.

Basically the overpayment was discovered in October 2011 and the DWP reduced my Incapacity Benefit accordingly at the beginning of November 2011. I was interviewed under caution in late December 2011.

The council however, after the interview under caution and a full month after DWP re calculated the council suspended all my council tax and housing benefit which put me into huge arrears of both. The council ignored my letters and formal letters of appeal for some 5 months until I wrote to local goverment ombudsman

Then I received a deluge of letters - demands - and the council re worked the benefit and repaid what I was entitled to.

The council are now being formally investigated by ombudsman but how that will turn out I dont know

The DWP have not indicated what is happening but have issued demand notices for payment of the alleged overpayment and I have submitted GL24 appeals against the amounts

So in a nutshell that is where we are at. The official Receiver has now asked I keep them updated as well.

thanks again

sinkinghelp

Hello Sal

When you contact the Ombudsman it may seem a little daunting but persevere and especially with the warning they ombudsman give you that they will send what you send to them also to the body you are complaining about.

It did not bother me and that has been reflected by the Ombudsman now following up following the required time for the council to respond

Get stuck in Sal

kind regards

sinkinghelp

I would also go on to a site such as "ENTITLEDTO" and fill in all your present details to see what you are entitled to now and fill in your details over recent times to see what you were entitled to as against what you have been paid in benefits to see how that stands.

It is not usually correct to stop benefits whilst an investigation is under way as investigations are normally looking at historical circumstances however recent. Adjustments for present entitlement can normally be made quickly while the investigation is ongoing or they are waiting for an overpayment decision.

regards

M.

Hello mercander

Thanks again for the reply. I will follow up on that. I also contacted NEIL BATEMAN but he does not do general public enquiries but there are some good letters on DWP matters on his site and sal if your reading there may be some for you ?

Council have sent formal warning notice of the arrears outstanding today and told me that £70.00 plus court costs will be added in order for them to get a liability order against the outstanding amount even though the appeal is not resolved

Oh well

The DWP only stopped benefits back on November 2011 for a few days then paid the re calculated amount. It was council that stopped everything and demanded full rent and council tax for 5 months until Ombudsman wrote to the council

thanks again

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Hello folks

Another letter from the DWP again from the debt management centre at Corby

They are now demanding a payment from 2006 !

I have now submitted 4 seperate GL24 Appeals about the Incapacity and Income Support demand's for money and the whole circumstances none of which have been acknowledged so I must assume they have been ignored as all I seem to keep getting are demanding letters from the DWP Debt Management centre

I have again written to them as directed and included copies of all the other Appeal GL24's and advised them if I dont get a response within 14 days I will ask my MP to write and ask them for a response

They again point out these demand payments are seperate to any court action which may be taken in my case. I wonder what a judge and jury would make of all this incompetance of the DWP and local council ?

Again I have sent by recorded delivery

regards

sinkinghelp

Oh god I'm so sorry to hear this is dragging on and on and just seems to be getting worse. As I've said before you really have to get your MP on your case about this. This is no way to treat anybody imo.

Hello sadone

I have held off until now. Ignoring 4 seperate GL24 Appeals and to keep re sending various demands for payment has now given me no option but to include my MP

Even if he just writes and I get a response then that is something but it may also stoke the fire

Involving the Local Government Ombudsman had that effect on the local council !

oh well

thanks very much for the reply sadone

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Oh god!

I've appealed about my council tax and that was back in 2009/2010 and not had an acknowlegement either.

I've had the court letters and the add on to pay court costs and all the bs that you have to pay even if you appeal.

Their left arm doesn't know what their right arm is doing.

Get your MP on board now sod the 14 days.

Sal

Hello Sal

I am not going to wait and I will be sending my MP a letter asking for any assistance he can give on this matter

Your are right sod the 14 days I was going to wait. I do not understand why the DWP have failed to respond to any of my GL24's what so ever

I will let you all know if anything transpires

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Hello folks

I have sat today and written a letter to my MP with basic facts and asking for him to contact the DWP and ask why the DWP have ignored my GL24 submissions and simply keep sending demands for payment

I have also made him aware that the Local Goverment Ombudsman is investigating my concerns with the local council

kind regards

sinkinghelp

Good, he will now write to them and you go up in the priority order for them to deal with.

They will take a bit of notice now.

Probably will give him some cock and bull story though but it may shift things along a bit.

Can't see it will do any harm and will let him know they are inept.

Sal

Hello Sal

Thanks for the response. Even if like the council it gets their back up so what the next step is court and I will opt for trial by jury

I am past caring. In fact I am past everything now. This whole matter has been blown up out of all proportion as I see myself as an easy target I answer letters and telephone calls and answer their questions

I did the right thing years ago paid into pension scheme for retirement not expecting ill health at all. Result is plan and you get penalised. Had I no pension I would be on income support - no rent - no council tax as as its a passport benefit access perhaps to legal advice. I could also go to the pub every night and everything else I see the others do on our estate.....but now I am just being bitter

thanks again Sal

kind regards

sinkinghelp

From my understanding as I'm not a processing officer is that when form GL24DWP is received it is passed to a DM to consider if there is new information that can be actioned and if it automatically changes the decision or not, if it does then the information is duly processed and updated but if not it is then passed to the DMA admin team to compile the necessary paperwork in preparation to be submitted to the tribunal which can take approx 6 months to be heard there.

You are able to request as many reconsiderations as you feel you can submit but it is only supposed to be one appeal that can be actioned so they will have taken even longer following receipt of the 4 gl24dwp forms which they will have needed to amalgamate together as it would all relate to the same paperwork and they would have needed to pull the paperwork back out each time to consider the new paperwork received, so his could have delayed your paperwork each time a gl24dwp was received.