Toys r us online reservation

Jalsa
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4541 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Be very wary of Toys r us and online reservations for special offers. I attempted to buy a 3 for 2 Lego offer on Sunday afternoon and was given a reservation number together with the 3 for 2 price. When I went 20 miles to the store, I was told that the offer was for over the weekend only and that I should have collected it then.

Surely a reservation proce should be honoured especially when the store is closed when the reservation is made. Another bunch of crooks and deceivers to add to the long list.

If you are caught out with this as well, please go elsewhere to purchase the goods.

When you actually check a store for a reservation price it brings up a box with this next to a massive *

Price is maximum you will pay in store and is reflective of any promotions currently active. Promotion prices are only honored if collected in store before the end date, highlighted in the 'How to activate promotion' instructions.

They are neither crooks nor deceivers its not even hidden away on a t+c page.

Ex-Retail Manager who is happy to offer helpful advise in many consumer problems based on my retail experience. Any advise I do offer is my opinion and how I understand the law.

Toys r us are a large concern, one would expect that they would have technical expertise to change the website when the offer is no longer valid. I certainly did not notice an asterisk or a pop up box. I later bought the goods cheaper online, both saving me money and the loss of time to do a 30 mile round trip to collect the goods.

A similar incident happened to a colleague with Argos. It is pleasing to note that they honored the online offer even though it had finished when my colleague went to the store to collect the reservation.