Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Maybe the answer lies in the word SHOULD(??)

Can see where you're coming from jax

Dictionary definition of 'shall' (should - past tense of shall) - '...express obligation, command, condition or intention'

Doesn't say 'may' or ' might' does it? :wink:

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

are you still going to appeal?

Yup, absolutely - I am waitign for everyone to check over what I want to put on the form and when I get the order and teh N640 (which should be tomorrow or the enxt day) the the N164 (appeal form) will be submitted straight away!!

Bring it on! :)

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

un1boy v Equifax - Default removal

un1boy vs Experian - Default removal

Maybe the answer lies in the word SHOULD(??)

the answer lies in that the judge will see it how they want to be honest - doesn't matter what you tell/show them, if they agree they agree, if they don't, they don't - even if was a a specific paragraph of a specific act saying "the document must be original, otherwise it cannot be used and the court must assume it does not exist" personally signed by the Queen, it would still only mean whatever that specific judge thought it was!!

Disclaimer: Anything I write in these forums is my personal opinion and offered without prejudice. If in doubt, please seek independent legal advice.

*If what I have told you in this post has helped, please press the star at the bottom left and tell me!!*

My charges claims:

un1boy vs egg *SETTLED* | Un1boy vs LTSB-SETTLED | un1boy vs Black Horse-SETTLED | Un1boy v Smile *WON* | un1boy v HSBC - SETTLED! | Un1boy's HSBC CC - SETTLED! | Un1boy vs Co-Op *SETTLED* |un1boy vs Co-Op CC *SETTLED*

Default removals:

Actually now you've thrown a different slant on what I was thinking FG.

'shall' ... express obligation, command ... to my mind is interpreted as MUST

I was thinking that 'should' would mean 'it ought to be, but doesn't have to' as opposed 'must be'

Do you follow?

Jeez we really are flogging this one for all it's worth, eh:p

And all this started because I have what appears to be an enforceable agreement but not a 'true' copy ... only what looks like a reconstructed scanned document.

So even if I get Lloyds to admit to not having the original document ... where does that leave me in terms of getting it deemed unenforceable on the basis there is no 'original' document??

Thinks .... I'll write to Lloyds and see what they come back with, ask to inspect the original and then take it from there!!

jax

:cool:

link above doesnt get the one i want Regards gaz

Try this: CPR - Parts and Practice Directions

My charges claims:

Default removals:

link above doesnt get the one i want Regards gaz

More speifically:

PRACTICE DIRECTION – STATEMENTS OF CASE - This practice direction supplements CPR Part 16

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Actually now you've thrown a different slant on what I was thinking FG.

'shall' ... express obligation, command ... to my mind is interpreted as MUST

I was thinking that 'should' would mean 'it ought to be, but doesn't have to' as opposed 'must be'

Do you follow?

Jeez we really are flogging this one for all it's worth, eh:p

And all this started because I have what appears to be an enforceable agreement but not a 'true' copy ... only what looks like a reconstructed scanned document.

So even if I get Lloyds to admit to not having the original document ... where does that leave me in terms of getting it deemed unenforceable on the basis there is no 'original' document??

Thinks .... I'll write to Lloyds and see what they come back with, ask to inspect the original and then take it from there!!

jax

To be honest Jax, I really think that you'll struggle with this without having to take it to the house of lords and court of appeal.

don't forget that in a county court, it's balance of probably over proof beyond resonable doubt - and we've all seen that, despite the explicitness of the CCA, that the DJ's have been making "illegal" rulings that go against the act and in most cases, making rulings against rulings already made by a higher court (hope that makes sense).

the court would probably accept a certified copy of an agreement as an original - they have accepted a template pro-forma I was apparently sent as confirmation that the default notice would have looked like that, despite them not having the original.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

That's the same as I posted Uniboy

jax

Oh, sorry! lol :)

My charges claims:

Default removals:

My question again is that, if the judge forms his own opinions, then what is the point of having these practice directions? Doesn't make sense

jax

Je ne sais pas!

My charges claims:

Default removals:

What constitutes a 'certified' copy then?

Personally, I think that it shoudl be the original that is produced because otherwise they could say that anything was included and get away with it, but I have first hand experience of what the DJ's are like.

A certified copy could be anything - just because the bank has provided it in response, a DJ COULD say it was certified, or if the bank have written "certified" on it, it COULD be seen as a certified copy.....I really don't know mate!

Don't forget that they submit this as evidence to the court and the judges don't expect them to lie becasue they could get done for conntempt of court and the judges don't think they would lie.......we all know however that this not the case and the banks would do anything to get their own way.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

Personally, I think that it shoudl be the original that is produced because otherwise they could say that anything was included and get away with it, but I have first hand experience of what the DJ's are like.

A certified copy could be anything - just because the bank has provided it in response, a DJ COULD say it was certified, or if the bank have written "certified" on it, it COULD be seen as a certified copy.....I really don't know mate!

Don't forget that they submit this as evidence to the court and the judges don't expect them to lie becasue they could get done for conntempt of court and the judges don't think they would lie.......we all know however that this not the case and the banks would do anything to get their own way.

So .... in your opinion, would you say it would be futile to take this further even if the bank admits to not having original??

soz im blind oopsss found it

No worries gaz LOL ;)

jax

So .... in your opinion, would you say it would be futile to take this further even if the bank admits to not having original??

If they have admitted to not having the original then I think it's difficult for them to enforce it anyway.

My friend took a credit card co to court regarding them not having an agreement (which they admitted) and the judge allocated it to the fast track - my mate withfrew the claim and did a balance transfer because e did not want to run the risk of and could not afford the costs involved (he would have needed legal rep).

It's entirely up to you Jax, it depends on the DJ lottery and how far they decided to take it in terms of to court etc......and again, what the DJ says when it is presented to them.

If you asked me before my last experience, I would have said - yeah, do it, I would. right after it, I would have said, "think twice". But now, I would probably say, try to go for it, if you are confident enough and have enough time/money.

My claims have been going for over a year and I only just got to trial, which hasn't helped. I don't really have the time or money to concentrate on both claims at the same time so I am only taking the credit card oneto court.

My charges claims:

Default removals:

A certified copy could be anything - just because the bank has provided it in response, a DJ COULD say it was certified, or if the bank have written "certified" on it, it COULD be seen as a certified copy.....

That is EXACTLY what a certified copy is Un1 - however it also has to be a 'true' copy & how can the bank (or its solicitors) claim that if they don't have access to the original. And if they do have access to the original, what are there reasons for not producing it in court and are they valid?!

and the judges don't think they would lie.......we all know however that this not the case and the banks would do anything to get their own way.

Lie - me, m'lud?!! We all know financial institutions are respectable responsible organisations (just look at Barings, N. Rock etc. etc.) & we all take great care of our customers' data (RBS) :wink::grin:

FG

Any knowledge I possess or advice I proffer is based solely on my experiences in the University of Life. Please make your own assessment of legality, risks & costs before taking any action.

Thanks uni

What I am thinking is to find out whether or not they have the original agreement. If they do, then I won't pursue it on the basis that the copy I have received is a scanned one.

If they ADMIT to NOT having the ORIGINAL, I will take a view when the time comes.

Thanks for your advice. It gives you food for thought.

jax

I clicked on the link for the £60.00 copy.. looks as though someone has purchased it :D

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

Thanks pt:)

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

Uploading documents to CAG ** Instructions **

Looking for a draft letter? Use the CAG Library

Dealing with Customer Service Departments? - read the CAG Guide first

1: Making a PPI claim ? - Q & A's and spreadsheets for single premium policy - HERE

2: Take back control of your finances - Debt Diaries

3: Feel Bullied by Creditors or Debt Collectors? Read Here

4: Staying Calm About Debt  Read Here

5: Forum rules - These have been updated - Please Read

BCOBS

1: How can BCOBS protect you from your Banks unfair treatment

2: Does your Bank play fair - You can force your Bank to play Fair with you

3: Banking Conduct of Business Regulations - The Hidden Rules

4: BCOBS and Unfair Treatment - Common Examples of Banks Behaving Badly

5: Fair Treatment for Credit Card Holders and Borrowers - COBS

Advice & opinions given by citizenb are personal, are not endorsed by Consumer Action Group or Bank Action Group, and are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability. Your decisions and actions are your own, and should you be in any doubt, you are advised to seek the opinion of a qualified professional.

PLEASE DO NOT ASK ME TO GIVE ADVICE BY PM - IF YOU PROVIDE A LINK TO YOUR THREAD THEN I WILL BE HAPPY TO OFFER ADVICE THERE:D

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4937 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks