Cap1 & CCA return

tamadus
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

• Replies 17.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I think he requested them to be removed.

Indeed that is the case.

Some of his posts also broke the forum rules, in regards to trying to get people to sign up to his services.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

IMHO the service on offer is way below the results I have personally achieved via advice from this site and my own research

The part about not guaranteeing credit file clean up is particularly hard to take, this would be something I would insist on in any case I took to the lender

omnia praesumuntur legitime facta donec probetur in contrarium

Please note: I am not a member of the legal profession, all advice given is purely my opinion, if in doubt consult a professional

well here are a few secrets

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/forum/mbna/61752-old-mbna-application-form.html#post1341000

note for those that read "on the surface" this thread starts in 2007 not 2008

SADLY the person(s) who posted under the name CREDITCARDKILLER ( commencing in January 2007 & ending in Jan 2007 until the recent revival-- three original posts? ) have decided to have all the posts he/she/they have posted under that individual "nom de plume" deleted from this forum.

so the link above to when they asked for copies of old MBNA application forms (was it pre 99 or pre 2003) and referred to direct marketing of these application forms is no longer there

remember MBNA took over THE SERVICING OF abbey halifax alliance & leicester (any more) around 2003 ?

:cool: sunbathing in juan les pins de temps en temps

CreditCardKiller is still watching this thread though.

Maybe we should all take the fact that threats of litigation get people nowhere, especially as after a little bit of delving most 'services' such as this may not have the legal footing (i.e. regulatory clearance) they may well require.

The fact still remains that the registration of the CCK trademark predates all posts on this site by nearly 3 years and that litigation hadn't concluded until this year. Things like that do lead me to believe that the business plan was present long before any legal ruling and that the 'holy grail' of court rulings came by way of an accident. I can't remember how many charging orders it was, was it 2 or 3? We're there other DCA's involved?

At the end of the day, if you come out of hiding (and with the help of information gleaned from this and other sites) stating you have found the elixir of life and that you are intending to charge for this, is anyone surprised at the response you get? I wouldn't be.

I thought you couldn't be an IFA if you had a CCJ?

I see my post containing threads to all this capital letters and strawman account have been removed.

Should anyone require the links. please PM me .

Not sure why they were taken down, they were only informative links explaining the difference between the strawman account ( in Caps) and the human being account ( in lower case)

I see my post containing threads to all this capital letters and strawman account have been removed.

Should anyone require the links. please PM me .

Not sure why they were taken down, they were only informative links explaining the difference between the strawman account ( in Caps) and the human being account ( in lower case)

I'll find out why.

If you feel that we have helped you, or you would like to help keep this web site running so that others can continue to get their money back, please click the donate button at the top of the forum.

Advice & opinions of Dave, The Bank Action Group and The Consumer Action Group are offered informally, without prejudice & without liability.

Use your own judgment. Seek advice of a qualified insured professional if you have any doubts.

------------

Add me as your friend on FaceBook - I need all the friends I can get :-(

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=577405151

------------

I thought I would post my reply from OFT regarding a complaint I made about some advise a member of staff made.

I am going to reply to OFT as I am not happy with the responce but one thing has intrested me on page 2.

It says " This prevents enforcement with or without a court order".

Does this mean a creditor has a CCJ on you and they have no agreement can they still enforce it??

Also any views on the comments regarding the copy docs 1983

img075.jpg

img076.jpg

First they say it needs to be a 'true copy' then they say it can be a 'generic' copy. So if the creditor doesn't have a true copy how does he know what was really on it?

Secondly, they say the debt cannot be enforced 'with or without a court order' then they say it's up to the court to decide.

Why don't they make their minds up ...

As for enforcement after a CCJ, i've always been told on here that it has already been enforced and the time for a CCA etc. was at the defence stage. Someone may correct me on this as in many cases new info comes to light later which affects a claim.

My understanding of what they have said is that to comply with your CCA request they can send you what is described, however on page two it clearly states that they must have a signed copy to show the court. Which backs up what we are all thinking.

However, I also understand that they cannot suddenly produce the signed document in court if they have not already supplied you with a copy - as what they send in response to your request should be that copy. Or is that only if you ask for information under the CPR?

If I am not making any sense please ignore me - it has been a long week;)

BANK CHARGES

Nat West Bus Acct £1750 reclaim - WON

LTSB Bus Acct £1650 charges w/o against o/s balance - WON

Halifax Pers Acct £1650 charges taken from benefits - WON

Others

GE Money sec loan - £1900 in charges - settlement agreed

GE Money sec loan - ERC of £2.5K valid for 15 years - on standby

FirstPlus - missold PPI of £20K for friends - WON

Going back to Tifo comment.

I always though if you had a CCJ there was nothing you can do.

OFT comments on page 2 say with or without a court order so whats going on!!!

Going back to Tifo comment.

I always though if you had a CCJ there was nothing you can do.

OFT comments on page 2 say with or without a court order so whats going on!!!

The agreement remains ancillary to the CCJ. However, if there's contractual entitlement to claim further interest after judgment, then this cannot be enforced if the CCA request remains in default. Imo.

This is why a CCA request should be made after Judgment. There will be many people who have interesting accruing after judgment but don't know.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

It is pretty simple really, they mean that if you had requested a copy of the agreement under sections 77-79 and they hadn't complied, the courts would not be able to enforce the agreement. However, in issuing a CCJ the agreement is therefore enforced and as such the agreement is irrelevant as the CCJ is the overriding document.

Getting a CCJ overturned because you didn't ask for a copy of the agreement, or query it, is perversed. You'll have to ask for a copy, see if it is enforceable and then maybe, with a fair wind behind you and a helpful judge, they won't throw it out immediately and you may be able to get the courts to look at it.

Be aware that a CCJ kind of makes all of the smoke signals and mirrors available within the CCA fairly redundant.

The agreement remains ancillary to the CCJ. However, if there's contractual entitlement to claim further interest after judgment, then this cannot be enforced if the CCA request remains in default. Imo.

Interesting point, but if the court takes the view that in issuing a CCJ that takes the post judgement interest entitlement within the ruling, do you think that would be stopped to?

Interesting point, but if the court takes the view that in issuing a CCJ that takes the post judgement interest entitlement within the ruling, do you think that would be stopped to?

The court has no power to award interest post judgment on a regulated agreement. the interest is contractual and remains so, it is completely separate from the judgment. This would mean a CCA request is valid under the contract.

An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last. <br />

Winston Churchill

They can only apply post Judgment interest where there's a term in the (non-existant!) agreement allowing them to do so.

The court has no power to award interest post judgment on a regulated agreement. the interest is contractual and remains so, it is completely separate from the judgment. This would mean a CCA request is valid under the contract.

Yeah - that's what I said, but you beat me to it. :p

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4941 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks