style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4564 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I have recently gone out of business and have just started on an IVA arraingement. the bailiff has a walking possesion order on some of the things in the building i used to run, other people have their property in there and 2 gym clubs have equipment in there also. they expect me to come up with £500 a month and i only get child benefit and child tax credit. (£420) a month.

They have threatened to come in and take everything if i dont keep up with payments, but i have run out of people to borrow the money from. I have signed a surrender of leese with the landlord so i am no longer responsible for the leese. I have sent an email to the council to ask them to take back the debt and offered £100 a month but they havent even answered me. There will be approximately 450 kids unable to do their gym if the bailiffs take their stuff. can the bailiffs still break in??

mostly mine, including my car, a tv belongs to my son and the desks where there when i got the building and the landlord said i could have them. all the other stuff they put down is mostly rubbish. its not my stuff i'm worried about but i have no-where else to put it so left it at the building

We need to distinguish if the "bailiff" is infact a bailiff working for a private company or is he a High Court Enforcement Officer acting on a writ of Fi'Fa'?

Who is the creditor? do/did you trade as a Ltd. Company or as a sole trader? all these factors have a different impact as to if the "bailiff" can force entry.

WD

Hi thanks for the response, The bailiff is Ross & Roberts civil enforcement agents acting for south somerset district council for business rates.

I was a sole trader and ceased trading in july, i have now signed a surreder of lease so have no right to access the property.