Who reported me?

missy33
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4589 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

i think ive donr this right lol..but ive just been reported to bennifit fraud people ,i got a letter and i rung up the comliance women ,she said it was annomous,but after suffering my neighbour a fwe years ago reporting me to socail.she denies it .but this time i want to sue whoever it is for slander and i want to find out who it was ,im not gona put up with people lieng about me..help a lawyer can get that information..even if they wrote i would recognize the writing if they rang i would know the number,or demand for it to b tracked.

All reports to fraud will remain anonymous, you will never find out who reported you and even hiring a solicitor will not get you the information.

That, unfortunately, is not what I was told when I reported someone. I was told not to provide any information that could lead back to me because the person I reported then might be told my name. Because of that, I didn't provide as much information as I could have done.

Before anyone starts thinking I am a monster for reporting someone, it's not like that. I had sued the person - a sole trader - due to non-performance of contract. During the course of the suit, I found out that the person was claiming benefits and yet, at the same time, she admitted that she was still trading. She admitted these things in court to a judge. Furthermore, I found out, while trying to have papers served, that she was living at least part-time with a man, while, at the same time, claiming benefits as someone who was single. I decided that taxpayer fraud wasn't on and reported her. I don't know what investigations were held or what happened in that regard.

I seem to remember that if you report someone, you're not informed of the outcome.

I should have made it clear that I didn't really expect to be told the outcome. But I was surprised to have been told that I wasn't completely anonymous. If true, that is worrying for those who make reports in good faith.

I work for JCP and prior to that Benefits Agency and having worked on a compliance team for a short period of time, I can assure you that when referrals come through they are only noted as referral made by an organisation, a memeber of staff or a member of te public.

Names are never disclosed as it has to renain an anonymous allegation.

Members of the public who make the allegations are never informed of the outcome as that would infringe data protection for a start. Members of staff are only informed if the case is being considered for an investigation and we receive an automated e-mail to alert us to the outcome staus such as investigation complete or investigation not proceeded because......

I work for JCP and prior to that Benefits Agency and having worked on a compliance team for a short period of time, I can assure you that when referrals come through they are only noted as referral made by an organisation, a memeber of staff or a member of te public.

Names are never disclosed as it has to renain an anonymous allegation.

Members of the public who make the allegations are never informed of the outcome as that would infringe data protection for a start. Members of staff are only informed if the case is being considered for an investigation and we receive an automated e-mail to alert us to the outcome staus such as investigation complete or investigation not proceeded because......

That's good to hear, but when I reported it, the woman on the phone made it clear that if I gave too much information, it could get back to the person whom I had reported. That was 6 years ago, though, so things may have changed a bit.

Yes , 6 years ago we were still working with pen and paper..now we are computerised the details of the person making the allegation does not get passed to the fraud section. So we have no idea who has contacted the hotline.

In the olden days, if someone sent a letter in that would be passed to the investigator - very unlikely that would happen now as all the letters go to a central point and then the details are input onto the computer system. The investigator then only gets the information which was written in the letter - not the letter itself.