Visa debit card chargeback Nationwide refusing to help

DONYID
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4590 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

two orders where placed online with a firm who where based in china (the fact was well hidden and this was only discovered later on)

one was for £67.33

and the other £72.34

(i have added a scanned letter from the bank to the topic)

both orders arrived safe enough but right away i noticed the items where just not right they looked nothing like the genuine items i had already owned

so i took them to trading standards and also choice store who confirmed after time that they where in fact counterfeit

trading standards went as far as saying i couldn't send them back for a refund and sending counterfeit goods int he post was illegal

so i contacted nationwide who stated i need to fill out a visa dispute form and provide proof of order and receipts etc

which i did, i today get a letter saying they wont be able to do much about it the letter attached to this topic explains it better then i can

do i just drop it or can i take it further

scan1110220001.jpg

scan the required letters/agreements/sheets

as a picture file

remove all pers info inc barcodes etc using paint

but leave all figures and dates.

goto one of the many free online pdf converter websites

convert the image to pdf format.

or if you have PDF as an installed printer drive use that

or use word and save as pdf

open a new msg box here

hit go advanced below the msg box

hit manage attachments below that box

hit the add files button on the top right

hit select files, navigate to your file on your pc

hit upload files

NB:you can set where it goes in the post by hitting insert inline.

the hit reply button

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

strange that method usually works

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

Seeing as it has been agreed that the goods are counterfeit, I think I would be writing back to Nationwide saying that their suggestion that the goods have been delivered are laughable as it is 'not' the goods you ordered or paid for and you consider that what they are saying is tantamount to assisting in a fraud.

According to Visa:

Shop safely online

Online shopping is as safe as the high street and it’s reassuring to know:

• If you’re the victim of online fraud
  • If your order is not delivered
  • If you receive the wrong item
  • If your order is delivered damaged
  • If your travel company or airline goes under before your trip or whilst you are away

AND you have paid with your Visa card, you can get your money back (subject to your bank’s terms and conditions).

You could also contact Visa Europe and ask their advice, it is them who run the chargeback scheme.

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: +44 (0)20 7795 5777 (enquiries)

Tel: +44 (0)20 7937 8111 (switchboard)

I've also changed the heading to reflect the banks name so it is found in searches. If you want it changed back, please say so.

Edited by Conniff

I wouldn't actually advise using the phone at all. At this moment in time you have lost you money, so have the time to put everything in black and white.

If you must use the telephone, get yourself a telephone conversation recorder so that you can keep a full record of what is said. You do not have to tell the party on the other end that you are recording them.

I would also follow it up with a letter, preferably by recorded delivery.

I know we aren't talking a fortune, we also aren't talking pennies either, so follow this through to the end.

thank you, i will write if that is the better option i am just on the phone to visa now and they are being funny with stating they are a USA based company and so help for UK complaints will be handled via email yet cannot explain why the number is for visa Europe and has a UK London based number yet they will only deal with USA based inquiries on the phone, it must just be one of those days today

Seeing as it has been agreed that the goods are counterfeit, I think I would be writing back to Nationwide saying that their suggestion that the goods have been delivered are laughable as it is 'not' the goods you ordered or paid for and you consider that what they are saying is tantamount to assisting in a fraud.

According to Visa:

Shop safely online

Online shopping is as safe as the high street and it’s reassuring to know:

• If you’re the victim of online fraud
  • If your order is not delivered
  • If you receive the wrong item
  • If your order is delivered damaged
  • If your travel company or airline goes under before your trip or whilst you are away

AND you have paid with your Visa card, you can get your money back (subject to your bank’s terms and conditions).

You could also contact Visa Europe and ask their advice, it is them who run the chargeback scheme.

E-mail: [email protected]

Tel: +44 (0)20 7795 5777 (enquiries)

Tel: +44 (0)20 7937 8111 (switchboard)

I've also changed the heading to reflect the banks name so it is found in searches. If you want it changed back, please say so.

Look at Fraud act 2006 section 2 & 3

:mad2::-x:jaw::sad:

You should have also got a letter of confirmation from trading standards that you can included

Please contact a member of the site team if you are offered help off the forum for a a paid or no win no fee service.

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

Click here to donate through PayPal (opens in a new window)

little update i was in branch today for other reasons and spoke to a lady on the desk. stating how i was treated etc, a sit down with the manager where i pointed out what i had been told on here, and a call to department on my behalf and surprise surprise they are now starting a chargeback and if that fails they are going to pass it on to the fraud department to put in a claim, thank you guys SOOOO much is there a donations link for this site as id like to say thank you