Santander issued a Default Notice whilst I was paying my arranged payment, HOW??

Chrissie1980
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4608 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

I am very very angry with Santander right now,

I wrote them the other day with regards to the default notice they have put on my credit file with regards to my overdraft back in October last year.

I arranged to pay them £30 a month to get my overdraft out of the red and back in the black,

but due to the excessive charges they were putting on my account it was like swimming agains the tide!

But I carried on paying becasue I didn't want any adverse credit on my account seen as I had just started to improve my credit rating.

So after a couple months paying this money into my overdraft account I got a letter stating that the were going to issue me a

default notice on the account if I did not get it up to date within 28 days,

I put the letter in my bag ready to call them to ask them why I had received this as I was paying £30 a month as agreed into my overdraft.

The next day I recieved the default notice, not 28 days later!

When I saw the date on the letter it was dated the day before the first letter so the default was issued before I had even had any knowledge of it.

Surely this cannot be legal?

I then recieved a very irrate phone call from Apex management telling me that Santander had sold the account to them,

I then again quiried why they were selling it on when it was being paid,

I was told sometimes they sell them on the clear out old accounts.

I wrote to Santander asking them to remove the notice as I had been keeping up with the repayments and they told me it was all perfectly legal,

even tho I sent a copy of the letters and highlighted the dates,

but how when I was not given 28 days to sort the mistake out?

So I wrote to them again the other day and they came back again saying they were within their rights to issue the notice, even though I was making agreed payments.

I need to some help as to what to do next becasue this will be on my account for the next 5 years just as I was getting back on my feet.

Thanks

sadly there is nothing stopping them from doing it.

not fair but not against any guidelines as such

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight...