2*Bailiff debts - child is autistic - help

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4600 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Any care component AT ALL of DLA is prima facie evidence of disability, therefore any requests for proof of vulnerability over and above a letter from DWP regarding grant of DLA is therefore vexatious and unnecessary, as this proves the existence of vulnerability as per the guidelines, and this vulnerability of ANY resident member of the household, makes the whole family vulnerable. So the bailiffs should send the case back to the council forthwith

In this case OP is caring for a sibling so is a family member with a blood relationship, the council and bailiffs can not argue vulnerability does not apply to the whole family, as obviously the brother is more than a mere lodger.

Formal Complaint . pdq is way forward now citing the stubborn dismissal of a proven vulnerable situation is not the correct way to deal with vunerable debtors as it breaches the guidelines both the council and bailiffs have signed up to. Further that if the bailiff carries out any unlawful or dodgy action the council are WHOLLY LIABLE for any such action by their agent the bailiff, MP and councillors can be contacted via www.writetothem.com

To say I am fulminating, and feel like smacking the bailiffs and council staff around the chops with a virtual wet mackerel until they see the erroneous way they are dealing with this case is an understatement

Edited by brassnecked
stating my complete displeasure with these poltroons

We could do with some help from you.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

If you want advice on your thread please PM me a link to your thread

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

Thanks again guys ....I feel truly exhausted and like we are constantly up against brick wall after brick wall. Do these people not realise that its not a case of we don't want to pay but that we cannot afford to meet their payment demands i.e clear the whole debt off or else!!! ?? Am I right in thinking the way forwards from here is to write a few more letters with evidence to the people above? Via recorded delivery? Also what happens if in the meantime, the bailiffs come and take our car? How am I supposed to get to work etc? I need a car to do my job and also get the children school etc etc :( Wouldn't mind if I had a jag but its an old nissan!!!Thanks again

You could pay an amount every week at a rate you can realistically afford to pay without fail, using their online payment system, pay it regularly, say £10 every Wednesday , but it must be the same day each week without fail, to establish a payment record. This shows a willingness to pay, and also adds value to any complaint, as it shows you are at least trying.

PLEASE HELP US TO KEEP THIS SITE RUNNING EVERY POUND DONATED WILL HELP US TO KEEP HELPING OTHERS

Have we helped you ...?         Please Donate button to the Consumer Action Group

The bailiff: A 12th Century solution re-branded as Enforcement Agents for the 21st Century to seize and sell debtors goods as before Oh so Dickensian!

"Sell" your car to a family member/friend, send the V5 to the DVLA straight away, draw up an agreement signed and witnessed to say the car is on loan to you from the new owner on the proviso you accept all responsibility for maintainance, tax and insurance, You will need to notify your insurance company to the change of ownership.

WD

Who did you see at the Council - was it just the normal office wallah who has to read from a script. If it were me then I would be on to local Councillor(s) this afternoon advising of the failings of their employees, would write both letter & email to Council CEO marked as "Formal Request" - copies may be sent to Head of Revenues & Leader of the Council. Sorry but your Council are a joke, I appreciate how hard this must be but you must not give up. Following the letters I would also make some FOI requests to them in particular asking:

Do they have a Code of Conduct for their Bailiffs, if so what is it

Do they have a Service Level Agreement with their Bailiffs, if so what is it

Do the Council abide by the National Standards for Enforcement Agents and do they ensure their Bailiff do as well

What provisions do the Council have in place for the protection of those who fall into the "vulnerable" category according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents

Are the Council aware that anyone in a household who is deemed "vulnerable" according to the National Standards for Enforcement Agents then renders that whole household as "vulnerable" and not just the individual

What procedures do the Council have in place to monitor the activities of their appointed Bailiffs

What procedures do the Council have in place to monitor the charges applied by appointed Bailiffs

Are all Council staff, or if provided by an external agency, who face the General Public trained in the Council Tax (Administration & Enforcement) Regulations 1992 as amended - if not why not

no doubt there will be others who can think of more

PT

Please consider making a small donation to help keep this site running

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Further to ploddertoms last post I would phone your councillor pdq today, as an elected representative they should be available until 9 pm Monday to Saturday, after all bailiffs operate up to that time