PCN on double yellows with blue badge displayed.

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4595 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi all,

Posting this on behalf of a work colleague who received a PCN for parking on a double yellow even though she was displaying a blue badge.

If she sends an informal appeal stating she had blue badge displayed does this reset the 14 day clock?

If they argue the toss what then?

Many thanks for your help.

rmjl29.jpg

Are you sure there were not little yellow lines on the pavement, which might indicate between certain hours there is no parking/loading between certain hours. You need to go back to the street, look at the pavement edges and also for a lampost that might indicate you may only park on the double yellow lines between certain hours of the day. In pudsey were i live there is one such street and between 0830 and 1030 and 1630 and 1830 there is no parking. there is a lampost with a small sign about 12 inches wide and six inches high that is on a lampost about 6 foot in the air. I nearly got caught out but i noticed the yellow lines on the edge of the payment so i actively looked for signage regarding parking restrictions

If I were you I would phone the council and ask them why the PCN was issued. They will know, and you can then shape an appeal in respect of that.

To answer your original question, by the letter of the law the discount expires after 14 days, end-of. But in reality, so long as an appeal is received by them before they issue a Notice to Owner (which is 28 days after the PCN) then the discount will still be offered, if the appeal is declined.

Spoke with my colleague today and she says that she has parked on this street before with blue badge no problems, only thing different this time was that she placed the blue badge in the drivers side window which was obviously offside of the kerb. Normally she would place it passenger side. I think i will help her appeal on the grounds of displaying a blue badge and see what happens.

I stopped outside the bank this week to drop my mum off (blue badge holder) I hadn't realised that it was a 'no loading' double yellow line.

Got a knock on the window by enforcement officer and told couldn't leave car where it was - he was fair and let me tell mum I was moving car and watched me move off while taking photos of another car parked in same place.

When I got back to bank, other car had ticket on it and enforcement officer asked if I had found somewhere to park - which I had but meant it was a walk for mum.

The bit I had missed were the feint yellow lines on the kerb!

It was nice of him and I'm sure, had I not been with the car and had there not been the blue badge on display, then he would have issued a valid ticket. Perhaps it was a similar situation in the OPs case.

Feebee_71

Spoke with my colleague today and she says that she has parked on this street before with blue badge no problems, only thing different this time was that she placed the blue badge in the drivers side window which was obviously offside of the kerb. Normally she would place it passenger side. I think i will help her appeal on the grounds of displaying a blue badge and see what happens.

All that means is that she hasn't been caught before, not that it was ok to park there.