Am I guilty?

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4597 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hi, I am aware of all the advice to just ignore anything from Vehicles Control Services BUT I have a horrible feeling I might be guilty!I was parked late at night in front of the gates to a private car park (clearly unused at this time) BUT it probably did have warning signs that told me not to park there and what would happen. Me being me thought that at nearly 8 o clock at night on a Tues it would be fine....but I had one slapped on my driver door window when I got back.Also, my dad owns the car and I am simply a named driver so I really don't want this to get to him or throw his name down the loo. I realise that it is fishy anyway given it was so late at night, its 80 pound (a lot) and that its not from the council but I dont want to go to court!! Many thanks

It was Vehicles Control Services

..who are a private company with no powers. Have a read around the forum if you don't want to take my word for it :).

Your Dad may get some scary-sounding letters once they pay the DVLA £2.50 for his details. Once you hear, you or he may want to come back here for some reassurance.

Do not contact them, as I just said on another thread they will try to find out more about you because they think you might cough up some money.

My best, HB

Illegitimi non carborundum

Read around the site and you'll get the idea with private companies.

There is no court process (you should be so lucky - you'd win easily) just pestering, threat-flavoured letters which will be sent to the registered keeper. If you think that constitutes his name going down the loo then pay up. There's no alternative, other than to completely ignore them which is what everyone should do.