Indesit Washer/Dryer bought from Currys

squirt72
style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4274 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

First time here so please be kind :-)

I bought a new washer dryer from Currys in January. It broke down in March and was repaired by Indesit. It broke down last week and was repaired this Tuesday and it has now broken down again today!! :mad2:

Indesit won't replace the machine as they say they have to repair under the terms of their warranty, which is so irritating as it is very inconvenient and why should I have it repaired again when the last time it broke down within 48 hours of being repaired.

Should Curry's be responsible as they sold me the machine?

I'm lost as to what to do and getting increasingly angry with what I perceive to being fobbed off!

Thanks in advance for any advice :-)

You have them bang to rights, demand a new washer dryer under the sale of goods act (SOGA) if they fail to replace the faulty item, report them to trading standards, jobs a goodun!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/;jsessionid=A5549D9C677C400EBACB5A822418256D

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You have them bang to rights, demand a new washer dryer under the sale of goods act (SOGA) if they fail to replace the faulty item, report them to trading standards, jobs a goodun!

http://www.oft.gov.uk/business-advice/treating-customers-fairly/sogahome/;jsessionid=A5549D9C677C400EBACB5A822418256D

And of course it is the retailer you are going for

Regards

ims

Yes its currys that you bought it from your contract is with them

Citi Cards - £800 - N1 Form logged at court

Defence entered

£279 refuned £521 outstanding on claim

Hearing 15th Nov 2006

Hearing 18th Jan 2007

Defence Stuck out - £549

March 07 Bailiffs called in to collect

20/4 Cheque for £549 - I WIN

Abbey - Setteled in full 9th Nov 2006 £3,300

Abbey - Data Protetion Act informtion

ICO complaint logged

Abbey - N1 Logged - 12/02/2007 £933

FOS Complaint logged 07/03/2007

£180 refunued -Good will Gesture 01/04/2007

Hearing 15th June 2007

Capital One Refunded £50

Egg - Data Protection Act request

Returned charges £80

ok, i've just spoken to Currys and they are saying i need to speak to the manufacturer (Indesit) to get an uplift number before they will replace the machine...gggrrrrrrr!!!! I'm getting increasingly angry. Any suggestions?

I think what curry are saying is they wont replace it unless the manufacture authroise them to.

Under the Sales of Goods Act (SAG) the goods have to be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose .... which you would say the goods are not

So the item is faulty. You first have to prove to the store that you bought the item from them.

Secondly If you are returning the item within what would be considered a reasonable time for you to have inspected the goods. You are entitled to a full refund or, if you prefer, you can ask for a repair or replacement.

The store may try to claim that you have had the goods for 9 months and thefore have had enouugh time to inspect the goods and reject them. Therefore you have accepted the item so can no longer demand a full refund but you may be entitled to a repair of replacement.

So far you have had 3 or 4 repairs is it diferant fualts or the same thing?

Citi Cards - £800 - N1 Form logged at court

Defence entered

£279 refuned £521 outstanding on claim

Hearing 15th Nov 2006

Hearing 18th Jan 2007

Defence Stuck out - £549

March 07 Bailiffs called in to collect

20/4 Cheque for £549 - I WIN

Abbey - Setteled in full 9th Nov 2006 £3,300

Abbey - Data Protetion Act informtion

ICO complaint logged

Abbey - N1 Logged - 12/02/2007 £933

FOS Complaint logged 07/03/2007

£180 refunued -Good will Gesture 01/04/2007

Hearing 15th June 2007

Capital One Refunded £50

Egg - Data Protection Act request

Returned charges £80

I think what curry are saying is they wont replace it unless the manufacture authroise them to.

Under the Sales of Goods Act (SAG) the goods have to be of satisfactory quality and fit for purpose .... which you would say the goods are not

So the item is faulty. You first have to prove to the store that you bought the item from them.

Secondly If you are returning the item within what would be considered a reasonable time for you to have inspected the goods. You are entitled to a full refund or, if you prefer, you can ask for a repair or replacement.

The store may try to claim that you have had the goods for 9 months and thefore have had enouugh time to inspect the goods and reject them. Therefore you have accepted the item so can no longer demand a full refund but you may be entitled to a repair of replacement.

So far you have had 3 or 4 repairs is it diferant fualts or the same thing?

Hi

Valid points of course but it matters not whether they were different faults or whether the OP has had it for 9 months or what the retailer says about contacting the manufacturer.

This piece of crap has been repaired a number of times and is unfit for purpose. simples.

Uplift number????? what a load of nuts.

Go in hard...formal complaint to Currys together with an lba saying that if they don't replace the machine within 7 days you will issue in court and seek damages at the courts discretion. You can hand deliver it to the store you purchased from and get them to sign for it as well.

Regards

ims

Have not read the replies so apologies if I tread on anyone's toes or go over old ground..

BUT!!!!

The manufacturer IS NOT LIABLE it is DEFINITELY CURRY'S!

Demand to speak to the manager, in fact go into the store, and then demand to speak with the manager, TELL him that you want the item replaced, it has been faulty from the very beginning, it had been repaired and has again failed, you DO NOT want a repair, you WANT a replacement, what is he going to do about it??

I have no idea where your local TS is but find it here...http://www.tradingstandards.gov.uk/extra/contact.cfm?frmAlias=/contact/ although it will be consumer direct I think you will get through too, keep the number in your phone, if the manager gives you any flannel less for "Yes we will send you a replacement this PM" then ring TS or CD in store and report the matter.

They MUST replace the item, there is no ifs buts or maybe, it is clearly faulty, and it has been from the outset.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

• 11 months later...