Multiple PCN's

style="text-align: center;">  

Thread Locked

because no one has posted on it for the last 4602 days.

If you need to add something to this thread then

Please click the "Report " link

at the bottom of one of the posts.

If you want to post a new story then

Please

Start your own new thread

That way you will attract more attention to your story and get more visitors and more help 

Thanks

Hello everyone.

Due to quite specific situation I had to leave my car for a week on a 'Pay and Display' parking. I have paid maximum I could in a parking meter and left. Once I got back I got, as expected, a fine for "parking after expiration of paid time". I have paid it within 2 weeks to minimise it by 50%.

I was suprised when I have received NtO for 2 more PCN's.

In total I have been given 3 PCN's throughout the week. I had only one sticked to my windshield when I was picking up my car.

I am not 100% sure if this is allright to give multiple fines in my situation therefore I would appreciate your help.

In case this is valid I would appreciate if you let me know if I can pay only 50% of the remaining PCN's, as I had no chance to do that in time due to the fact I was not aware I was given any other PCN's.

Should I explain that when making a representation ticking 'other grounds'?

Thanks.

Any PCN with a "Notice to owner" must be challenged.

How do they know your the owner? Are you?

Or does your V5 simply state that you are the "registered keeper" and that "this document does not prove you are the owner of this vehicle". Take a look at your V5.

And have a watch of

It isn't a fine neither, and is a civil matter.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

You need to make representations on all the remaining PCNs. It is possible that there are others too - they can issue one per calendar day. You ought to call the council and get a list of all the PCNs.

In your letter, give all the PCN numbers and explain what happened (don't admit that you left your car there deliberately - it will go against you). Then state that the imposition of so many charges, totalling £ (whatever it is) is disproportionate to the situation.

This line of argument has succeeded before, including at adjudication hearings. What should hopefully happen is that they cancel all the PCNs except the one which is already paid - so problem solved.

If you try this, and they say no, you can request an adjudication hearing at that point. I think you're likely to win.

How do they know your the owner? Are you?

Or does your V5 simply state that you are the "registered keeper" and that "this document does not prove you are the owner of this vehicle". Take a look at your V5.

The council are at liberty to issue a charge to the person APPEARING to be the owner, and being the registered keeper is sufficient for them to do that. If that person is NOT the owner, they need to contest liability. The V5 will say what they all say - but that's not the issue. If the OP is not the owner and wants responsibility passed to the actual owner, then that's fine - but if he is the owner, he's stuck with it.

Yes I agree they will assume that the V5 means they are the owner, but the technicality of their wording of "Notice to owner" and the actual written wording on the V5 document is a defence, how can one document say one thing, and this is a crown copyright document yet the LA interpret it differently?

IMO these are no more than speculative invoices, it is a civil and not a criminal offence, so if you were to ignore it, they can do nothing.

Just as the council are at liberty to put bits of paper on your windscreen means I am at liberty to ignore them, there is no legal obligation to respond to their invoice/pieces of paper, or even letters.

Who ever heard of someone getting a job at the Jobcentre? The unemployed are sent there as penance for their sins, not to help them find work!

these are ofcourse council tickets?

dx

please don't hit Quote...just type we know what we said earlier..

DCA's view debtors as suckers, marks and mugs

NO DCA has ANY legal powers whatsoever on ANY debt no matter what it's Type

and they

are NOT and can NEVER  be BAILIFFS. even if a debt has been to court..

If everyone stopped blindly paying DCA's Tomorrow, their industry would collapse overnight... 

IMO these are no more than speculative invoices, it is a civil and not a criminal offence, so if you were to ignore it, they can do nothing.

Just as the council are at liberty to put bits of paper on your windscreen means I am at liberty to ignore them, there is no legal obligation to respond to their invoice/pieces of paper, or even letters.

That's simply ludicrous. The council can and will apply for a bailiff warrant, and bailiffs will clamp/tow/dispose of the vehicle. It is completely unhelpful to say things like this when someone has PCNs to deal with. If he takes your advice he will lose his car.

Correct you don't have to pay them but the prospect of having your car sold or your house stripped of its contents is enough to make most sane people pay these legally enforceable debts.

these are ofcourse council tickets?

There I go again skipping over the important information! So yes my advice shouldn't be followed in the case of council issued tickets, a private parking firm is completely different.

My apologies, should have gone to specsavers!

There I go again skipping over the important information! So yes my advice shouldn't be followed in the case of council issued tickets, a private parking firm is completely different.

My apologies, should have gone to specsavers!

Strange considering your comments in post #5

'Just as the council are at liberty to put bits of paper on your windscreen means I am at liberty to ignore them, there is no legal obligation to respond to their invoice/pieces of paper, or even letters.'

• 1 month later...